The staff was courteous and friendly. The lobby areas are quite nice. I know that some of these rooms are individually owned (and rented out as time shares and such). We were part of a tour group, and had approximately 60 people staying on several floors. The room that I was in had a sofa that needed recovering. The fabric was so worn through that it was shredded and you could see the cushion material/stuffing poking through. The carpet was worn, but clean. The countertop was chipped, and had been patched. The wallpaper and paint was chipped on corners where bags most likely bumped into them going in and out of the bedroom.
Our room had 2 twin beds (which was fine for me and my roommate). They weren't the most comfortable, but were adequate. We were so tired from our adventures that we really didn't notice. We had plenty of towels, and pillows. However, that sofa really bugged me. I asked the front desk to cover it with a sheet or something, as it looked scratchy and uncomfortable. We didn't spend much time in our room, so it wasn't so bad.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of Waikiki beach. The bus line has a stop just off of Kuhio and Ohua, so mass transit was easy. The Bus drivers were kind and courteous and rather helpful.
The hotel lacks a restaurant, but seeing how as it is more an apartment/condo building(s) than hotel, that isn't too surprising. If the room had better accommodations (wifi $18? Really?), I would have given it 4-5 stars. The state of the sofa and chair were bad enough that it really knocked down the rating.
Would I stay here again? If I could have a different room that doesn't beg for rehab, yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a block from the beach, this exceptionally kid-friendly property features one-bedroom suites that accommodate up to 5 people at no additional charge. It has the best recreation deck in Waikiki, complete with children's playground open late, so you can enjoy it after a day of sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Aston at the Waikiki Banyan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At The Waikiki Banyan Hotel Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Banyan
- Waikiki Banyan Hotel
- Resort Quest Waikiki Banyan
- Aston At The Waikiki Banyan Hawaii/Honolulu