We walked in here after leaving a trashy place near the airport. The front desk staff made us feel very welcome, showed us a room before booking us, then upgraded us to a king suite after a guest failed to leave on schedule so we could have our promised room. It's true that the noise level is pretty high in Waikiki, but I suspect most hotels in the area have the similar problem unless you can afford $250+ per night for rooms right on the beach and even then you'd have to be lucky not to be above some noisemakers. Our maid service was fine, but usually we just met them in the hall to tell them we needed some towels or coffee or something. We were there off-season, but felt the price was fair for what we got - a clean, comfortable room with nice décor and easy access to the beach by going out the back of the parking garage and through the International Marketplace. Be aware they have no pool - but it is Waikiki Beach you know?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 1960’s Hawaiian Modern aesthetic in a lush garden surrounding sets the scene for a relaxed vacation vibe. Visitors are transported back in time through authentic mid-century furnishings and decor. Centrally located in the heart of Waikiki places you just a short walk to the ocean, restaurants, shops, and nightlife. The pool is the ultimate amenity, lush greenery, lounge seating and teak accents surround this communal gathering place.Classic cocktails, fresh fruit, a thatched roof, hanging plants, and woven lanterns create a remixed tiki vibe in close proximity to the pool. Enjoy an eclectic healthy menu of fresh fish, farm-to table dishes, craft beers on tap, and an extensive wine list in our warm greenhouse style restaurant. Memorable service moments, nostalgic details, tropical greenery, and modern comforts make for one-of a kind Hawaiian getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Laylow, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- The Laylow, Autograph Collection Hawaii/Honolulu