“THE AQUA WAIKIKI PEARL HAS ONE OF THE BEST AND CONVINIENT LOCATIONS IN HAWAII.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Waikiki Pearl

Ranked #73 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

This was my very first time staying at this hotel and I thought the location of the property was so convinient! It is walking distance for an array of people who have various interests. If you're a coffee lover, Starbucks coffee is located right next door. It was pleasant going downstairs in the morning and being greeted by smiling faces and happy guests who had gotten their morning coffee as well as the welcoming staff members. If you love to shop & eat, there are many shops and food places (even Hawaii's famous "Puka Dogs") right across the street. Also, for those who like to relax and let loose while their on vacation, there's a mellow pub connecting to the hotel and also bars across the street. The friendly staff members made you feel that sense of "Aloha." Overall, I enjoyed my stay very much and look forward to going back :)

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank tripleksmami34
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Aqua Waikiki Pearl, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Aloha,

I am so happy that your stay with us was a memorable one. Puka Dogs is a pretty popular place for anyone looking for a decent hot dog. Now it is not anything like a Chicago Cubs hot dog, but it’s pretty good for Hawaii. Our location is very popular with our guests because you can pretty much walk everywhere you need to.
Starbucks provides a good jolt of java for our coffee drinking guests, and they are less than 30 yards from our front door. Our staff continue to amaze me with their commitment to share the ‘aloha spirit’ with all of our guests.

I look forward to your return visit with us.

Thank you for your review.

A hui hou, (a who-eee hoe) until we meet again,

Aqua Waikiki Wave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I had amazing time at Aqua Waiki Pearl. The hotel room was really big and nice; there was a balcony too. Everything was super clean and I didn't expect it to be that nice. There was couple of Hawaiian people at the reception: Dexter and Christina - amazing people they make you feel like going to a kingdom or something; amazing staff!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank marco_warick
Aloha,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Our rooms are very spacious and many of our guests truly appreciate that extra space. I will let Flora and her team know that you appreciated the cleanliness of the property. I think we are one of Waikiki’s best kept secrets.

I will share this review with both Dexter and Christina, our rising stars for our property. Thank you for your review.

A hui hou, (a who-eee hoe) until we meet again,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We spent 6 nights at the Waikiki Pearl. The location worked out well, an easy walk the beach, restaurants zoo, etc. Parking is restricted and limited, but you are probably better only hiring from one of the local places when you really need one. The buses are a good option.

The staff are very good.

Room Tip: Location is always key if you want to see a place rather than spend your time at the hotel. If you w...
3 Thank Ian C
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Aqua Waikiki Pearl, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Aloha,

Mahalo for your review. Our location is one of our most popular features for all of our guests. With that said, our bus system is one of the most efficient operations in the entire United States, and many of our guests take full advantage of using the bus. Along with the city bus transportation system, you have the trolleys that stop right by the hotel regurlarly.

Thank you for noticing the efforts of our team. We try to get everyone to work together and to help each other whenever possible. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. When booking your return trip, let me assist you with your reservations.

Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

My girlfriend and I spent a week at the Pearl. We had a stressful first day of travel and were glad to finally be at our hotel. We were greeted by a Wonderful Greeter/bell hop named Jamar. He immediately made us feel welcome. He was there everyday other than one of our trip- the one day he was not working we felt the bell hop was extremely unhelpful. When Jamar was there we were always greeted with a smile, advice on local food, and helped us plan out our day with his suggestions. We felt he went above and beyond and he would be one of the few reasons we would return to this location.

1 Thank LMM444
Aloha,

Jamar is a blessing to The Aqua Waikiki Pearl. His positive attitude is infectious to his co-workers and he goes above and beyond in trying to make all of our guests comfortable. Your comment about our other bellman concerns me and I will have a discussion with him later today. Jamar will be happy I am sure when I share your comments with him; it’s always nice to get a pat on the back when you’re doing your job to the best of your abilities.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Rooms are clean and big enough for singles. Hotel workers are friendly and helpful. İt is ideal for cheap and short business trips.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank samisamet
Aloha and thank you for making the time to submit your review,

Many of our guests find our rooms very, very spacious and appreciate the extra comfort. Our staff works very hard at sharing the ‘aloha spirit’ with all of our guests and I am pleased that you noticed they were friendly and helpful.

We offer a lot of VALUE for our customers and combined with our location, it is a package you can’t ignore. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. When booking your return trip, let me assist you with your reservations.

Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

My wife and I spent 10 days at the Aqua Waikik Pearl this May. The room was spacious, spotless and comfortable. The room had 2 very comfy queen size beds, a fridge, coffee maker, and a decent LCD Tv. However it was the staff that made the biggest difference in our stay. Dawn, Harry, Jamar and Clif were all very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is also centrally located in Waikiki and handy to bus routes to all major attractions. There is wired internet in the rooms and free wifi in the lobby but it woud have been great if the wifi was in room as well a small complaint.

Room Tip: buy a 4 day bus pass at any ABC Store for $25.00 great value.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Aqua Waikiki Pearl, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Aloha and mahalo for your review,

10 days with us at The Waikiki Pearl gave you more than enough time to observe our operations. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and our comfy beds. Reading your comments about our team members Harry, Dawn, Jamar and Cliff really impressed me, because it is a reflection of what we always talk about….. teamwork.

Thank you for submitting your review and making the time to do so. Contact me before your return trip so I may assist you with your reservation.

Pearl City, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

For my 40th Birthday, I wanted to have a relaxing weekend in waikiki with my teenage children. I chose the Aqua Waikiki Pearl hotel because it was recommended to me by a friend who stayed there && said that they had so much aloha && would make my birthday weekend great. As soon as we arrived the bell man Jamar greeted us with a friendly aloha and a huge smile. As we were checking in we met the manager Tracey, who greeted us with a big smile and a warm aloha. She saw that I had teenagers, so she upgraded us to a two bedroom room!! Loved it!! When we got to our room, we were really surprised on how spacious the room was. The manager Tracey called our room to see if everything was to our liking and said if we needed anything to just let her or her staff know. I truly felt like "wow, this is the first time in a hotel and the manager calls to check if we are ok" This really is an ALOHA HOTEL!! We had so much fun and it really was a relaxing weekend. My daughter just loved talking to Jamar, because he was so funny and made her laugh all the time. Whenever we need more blankets they were willing to come up and bring it to our room. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about the staff and management of the Aqua Waikiki Pearl. I will definitely come back to stay here again and recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends that want to stay in waikiki. I really got what i wanted for my 40th birthday thanks to the Aqua Waikiki Pearl Hotel. Peace and Relaxation!!! :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
WaikikiPearl, General Manager at Aqua Waikiki Pearl, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Genny,

Thank you for posting a review! I will share your wonderful comments with the staff, especially Tracey, our Guest Services Manager. She is very dedicated to her staff and most of all to our guests! And as they say in the movie, "Remembering the Titans", ATTITUDE REFLECTS LEADERSHIP! We hope to serve you again in the future.

Mahalo again!