Pearl Hotel Waikiki
US$380
US$332
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$273
US$229
1,253 results
All reviewsfront deskthe international marketfood pantryjunior suitestandard roomstreet noiseacross the streettwo blocksbus stopcentral locationcoffee makerfull kitchenhigher floorbalconywaikikihawaiimicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was in Honolulu on my own for six days to attend an education conference in early January and enjoyed my stay at Aqua Waikiki Pearl.

I found the customer service and friendliness of personnel in this hotel refreshing especially coming from New Zealand. The location was ideal as it was only a 10 minute walk to the conference venue and close to most other facilities.

My room was spotless and clean throughout my stay and I valued safety and security provided.

This hotel has a boutique feel about it which is an advantage in making conversation and/or friends for a lone traveler.

Finally, a saving was made staying here and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends.

Max Galu
University Lecturer
Auckland
New Zealand

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Max G
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at the Aqua Pearl for a week and found it very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful with our requests for additional items (such as extra dishes and silverware). We thought we were getting a 3 bedroom condo, and there were definitely 3 beds, but the 3rd bed was part of the living room and only had a curtain for privacy, but it worked fine for our family. Beds were a little hard for my taste. It was about a 10 minute walk to the beach and we loved the International Market Place nearby - so sad to find out it is being torn down. The connection to our TV was broken and when we mentioned it at the desk they replaced the TV the same day - downside was that it was half the size!

Parking is very limited (maybe 10 spaces available) and once it fills up you need to park a few blocks down at a parking garage.

Room Tip: Would definitely request a room on the top floors - the street noise at night is not very bad on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was a very bad choice we made in Hawaii: the only good point about the structure was the location, very central. The rest was not nice at all: the room was very small and stinking, like there were moulds (there was a air conditioner looking old and filthy, maybe it was coming from there. Room was vey dark too, with a small window, and in general, it gave us a very bad impression. My advice is, choose something else, even if you've to maybe pay something more (this hotel is pretty cheap), you'll bless that money!! The second star I gave is only because of the staff of the hotel, which was very friendly in a difficult situation we had - but I think it's not enough to recommend this structure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seadream1
WaikikiPearlManager, Front Office Manager at Pearl Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for your review, our location is definitely a key for travelers not wanting to spend money on a rental car, central to shopping and beaches. We hope that we were at least given an opportunity to assist you with your room during your stay. Our hotel staff does go the extra mile to showing the Aloha Spirit to all hotel guests. We Hope to have the honor of servicing you again.

Mahalo,
Guest Service Manger

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have stayed here for two nights and the service at the front desk reception was the best I have ever experienced across the world. Nothing was too much trouble - they (both Nicole & Robbie) were always happy to help no matter how minor the need. Location very central and view from balcony and balcony size on 9th floor facing the beach had water glimpses which was nice. Would recommend for space with a travelling family and friendly staff made it most enjoyable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katrina H
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed in 214, two bedroom with Kitchenette. We were upgraded so that our adult children had their own space and we all appreciated that very much. The furniture is dated, and the carpet had terrible stains. It should be replaced...wouldn't cost much. The room could use a couple of comfy armchairs as there was no where to sit once my husband got the couch. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The location is superb, although sadly, won't be as great once the construction at the International Marketplace begins. It did get noisy on a couple of occasions, but it is Waikiki and not Maui. I loved the size of the unit but a larger table to eat at would have been better.

Room Tip: Be sure to leave a tip for the cleaning lady or the room may not get the attention it should. Rooms at the canal side not as noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family