While enroute to Sydney. Australia, we stated 2 nights with the Aqua Waikiki Pearl, and this is a well kept secret!
The hotel property itself is about 1/2 mile from Waikiki beach. We walked 2 blocks to the Sheraton, through their breezeway, looked at the beach, and had a coffee. The Aqua Pearl does NOT have a restaurant. HOWEVER, there is a GREAT breakfast at a diner about 1/2 block away. It was a FULL breakfast (fixed meal:2 eggs, bacon, and toast with coffee), but was great. The second morning (due to jet lag) we awoke at 5 a.m. and ate at an IHOP about 4 blocks away. Perfectly safe. We had dinner in the Holiday Inn's restaurant. Again, a walk of less than 1/2 block.
So location for the Aqua Pearl is great. What is the best secret is that the rooms are HUGE. There was a microwave and small refrigerator. We could have cooked our own meals and there is a grocery store just around the corner. We met a guy who said that he lives in the hotel for about 5 or 6 weeks each year, and cooks his meals in his room.
So you could stay on the beach and pay a lot of $$$ or stay at the Pearl and save that money.
The staff for the hotel could not do enough for us. The check in clerk was great and whenever we needed help, we got it. I had problems printing my Qantas boarding pass, and the desk clerk literally spent about 30 minutes helping us out and printing our pass.
This is a wonderful hotel to save money. If you want all of the amenities of the Hilton or Sheraton, you may not enjoy this hotel. If you expect to walk and shop in Honolulu, spending only a little time in your room, THIS is the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aqua Waikiki Pearl is a mid-rise hotel tucked into the heart of Waikiki. This location showcases the vibrant city, near shops and restaurants. Located just 2 blocks to Waikiki Beach, this comfortable hotel offers spacious accommodations, large balconies in most rooms, a refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffeemaker with full kitchens in suites. You'll also enjoy the on-site sports bar, Legends, with multi-screen TV's, as well as various retail shops and services. With the daily hospitality fee Aqua Waikiki Pearl allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Pearl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Pearl Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Pearl Hotel Honolulu
- Aston Honolulu Prince Hotel
- Honolulu Prince Hotel
- Aqua Waikiki Pearl Hawaii/Honolulu