“Hospitality at it's best!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel

Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel
Ranked #53 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Hospitality at it's best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We were guest there last week during the week of Thanksgiving. Aston Waikiki went above and beyond our expectations. We had reviewed the goods and the bads and felt good about our choice in hotel but WOW.. the hospitality was a 10 out of 10!!! Front desk - Joy and Jon along with Alton(supervisor) and maintanance Todd were all superior in our book. EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE HOTEL we came in contact with was amazing!!! Thank you for making this vacation one of the best for our family. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors are considered "select" rooms but worth the little difference in price. Whe...
3 Thank Donnie F
Rebecca D, Guest Relations Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Aloha Donnie, and thank you for such a thoughtful review- it made our day! I am so very proud to be part of a motivated team who strives to go above-and-beyond for each guest. We are glad to see your time in Hawaii and our hotel was memorable. Furthermore, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Please contact me if you should visit us again as I will be more than happy to assist with your future reservation. Mahalo for staying with us, and for traveling all the way from Tennessee to visit Waikiki! Sincerely, Rebecca; Guest Services Coordinator gsc.wow@astonhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (926)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gladstone, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Do yourself a favor and stay where you have access to everything in Waikiki and beyond. First and foremost, this was one of the most unique hotels I have stayed in. From the open air lower and upper "lobbies" to the way to access your hotel floor to the amazing views of Waikiki beach and Diamond Head, this hotel had everything necessary for a wonderful experience on an extended vacation. The hotel is directly across the street from Waikiki and within a block of the Honolulu Zoo. Every tour bus, trolley, cab company and transport van had a stop in front of the lower lobby which made accessing the rest of Honolulu, Pearl Harbor and the rest of O'ahu a snap. The staff was very professional and courteous. There was not a time that I was in need of anything. They are attached to Tiki's Bar & Grill that has some of the best food I have ever eaten and a life band most evenings. Each day at breakfast the hotel had a Hawaiian singer and Hula dancer; which made each day have a great start. The only minor drawback is that the breakfast is continental only, unless you wish to pay extra for an omelet (etc.). Thank you for a wonderful experience. I will be back.

Room Tip: The choices are mainly beach view or Diamond Head view (which has a beach view as well, just not as...
2 Thank Rodney R
Aloha Rodney, and mahalo for sharing your experiences with us! I am pleased to learn that you were comfortable and well taken care of during your visit. I agree that our staff's Aloha Spirit provides an opportunity for our guests to feel at home, and to fully enjoy their Hawaiian vacation. We are thrilled to hear that you will visit us again. When you are ready to make a future reservation, please feel free to contact me directly at gsc.wow@astonhotels.com. Thank you again for staying with us, and for choosing Waikiki as your travel destination. Sincerely, Rebecca; Guest Services Coordinator & Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Staff
Horsham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I am taking this opportunity to pre rate this property & will do another upon our return. I have read the reviews by others but make up my own mind as everyone is different. . We have booked in for 16 days from the 19th December 2013 which will include our wedding anniversary/my birthday, on Xmas Eve/ Xmas Day and New Year. We are both looking forward to our stay and have another great look at Hawaii as it has been 25 years since we have been here., on the last occasion we had an ocean view and again we have booked the same. Our friends have recommended this hotel to us so can't wait..

Regards,
Ian & Wendy Benbow, Horsham,
Victoria, Australia.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Aloha Mr. and Mrs. Benbow, thank you for choosing to stay with us for your wedding anniversary, and for the holidays. Just this week we put up the Christmas trees and holiday decorations. We look forward to the festivities that are just around the corner such as 'Santa's Workshop' - a perfect opportunity for families with children to spend quality time with each other doing arts and crafts, and the New Year’s Eve party hosted by our onsite restaurant, Tiki's Grill & Bar. I have already reviewed your reservation, but encourage you to reach out to me directly with any additional requests you may have. It is my pleasure to ensure your expectations are met. On behalf of our Staff, we look forward to welcoming you. -Rebecca; Guest Services Coordinator gsc.wow@astonhotels.com
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel and were overall pleased both times. Rooms only have a small fridge, no microwave and no coffee pot. As far as I could find there is not a guest microwave available (but I didn't ask someone I only looked). Hotel is nice and secure that not anyone could be go up in the elevators to the upper floors. The Breakfast on the Beach that they offer is okay. Basic contential breakfast, but you do have the option of paying for omlets or waffles. Bed was as comfortable as any hotel bed.

The hotel is basically at the end of Waikiki Beach and it is just a quick hop across the street to the beach. The kids got bags, buckets and shovels to play with when we checked in. You can easily walk to the park or zoo or aquarium.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views, especially with partial ocean view rooms. Ocean view (unless they...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elisa N
Rebecca D, Guest Relations Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Aloha Elisa, I especially enjoy hearing from our loyal return guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your photos and review of our property. I was glad to hear the children had the opportunity to play with the sand toys, and visited the Zoo and Aquarium. We are fortunate to be located in a family friendly area. Please contact me the next time you and your friends and family would like to make a third reservation with us. Mahalo! Rebecca; Guest Services Coordinator gsc.wow@astonhotels.com
Redding, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel at the end of November 2013 for 5 nights. I was very happy that I booked to stay at this hotel. I was greeted on arrival and directed to the lobby. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. You are given a card which you use for your room and also to use the elevator. Although my room did not look like the rooms on the website, it was pleasant and clean and everything was in good working order. I stayed in an ocean deluxe room on floor 19 and I was very happy with the view; beautiful, overlooking the ocean with a balcony and chair so I could sit out.
Breakfast was good; a selection of food and you are supplied with a bag so you can take your breakfast and eat it elsewhere if you do not want to sit by the pool. Every day there was a singer at breakfast time which is lovely to hear while having your breakfast and creates a lovely relaxing atmosphere.
The location is good; directly opposite the beach and if you walk 10 minutes up the road you will find a good selection of well known shops and shopping malls/markets. Closer by the hotel is a selection of smaller shops and restaurants. You can also dine at Tiki's Grill within the hotel which is great. There are quite a few homeless people near the hotel but this wasn't a problem. Most of the people I met in Honolulu were friendly and I felt quite safe walking around even on the evening. Waikiki itself is quite busy and the road the hotel is situated on is always busy but I found there to be no problem with the noise level and with the balcony door closed I could hardly hear any sound at all from outside.
Amenities also included unlimited DVD's where I was given a swipe card and you can use this at the machines near the front desk to choose your DVD'S however I think some improvements could be made on the DVD options.
Overall I am very happy I decided to stay here and would recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are looking for a lovely hotel which is clean, safe and has friendly and helpful staff, located near the beach with beautiful views then this is the hotel for you. If I ever go to Honolulu again I would definitely stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: It's definitely worth paying a bit extra to have an ocean view. For me, the view was the best pa...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Camilla C
Rebecca D, Guest Relations Manager at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your experience, Camille. We are glad to learn you found Waikiki and our hotel to be friendly and welcoming. Most of our guests who like to shop and sightsee really appreciate our convenient location. Since the busses and trolleys stop next to our hotel, it is a desirable place to call home during vacation. I truly enjoy hearing about our guests’ memorable visits. I am glad that you had a lovely vacation - with morning music by the pool during breakfast, to dinner at our popular onsite restaurant Tiki’s Grill & Bar- our hotel provides a truly Hawaiian experience. If Waikiki should be included in your future travel plans, we look forward to seeing you again. Mahalo! Rebecca; Guest Services Coordinator
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Spent a week at this hotel in November 2013. 4th Hawaii trip and first time down the Kuhio beach end of Waikiki. We enjoyed the stay very much. Great location with everything you need nearby and the waiki trolly stopping at the door.

Really friendly and helpful staff, efficient service and clean well appointed rooms. We had a small balcony that you could sit with a drink and see all the way along Waikiki beach.

The location is great - just across from the beach and the ocean baths. The breakfast was fantastic. More than you would expect from a continental breakfast. Lots of variety and entertainment to boot!

Tikis bars is awesome. We ate in the bar lanai and in the restaurant. Views over the beach and an Interesting variety of good food. $2 beers in happy hour.

This is a great hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, Doug, for sharing your experiences of our hotel. I always like to hear about memorable Hawaiian vacations- especially since you traveled so far to be here and have visited the islands several times. If you should stay with us during your fifth visit to Hawaii, please contact me directly as I will be happy to assist with your reservation. Mahalo, and safe travels! -Rebecca; Guest Services Coordinator gsc.wow@astonhotels.com
Eagle Point, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Aston in January for a week and are really excited because we are coming again for 2 weeks. The hotel staff was very friendly. We were upgraded from Ocean View to a deluxe and loved sitting on the balcony watching the water and sunrise/sunsets. The breakfast on the beach was nice but VERY busy! Our room was nice but the bathroom felt like it really needed to be undated. I would recommend this hotel again and again. Thank you Aston! And I cant wait to come back this January 2014!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 18th floor over the pool area. Beautiful spot for relaxing and watching the scenery...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aloha Amanda- so glad that you will be visiting again, and so soon! I would be happy to review your reservation and ensure your second visit is even better than the first. Please email me at gsc.wow@astonhotels.com. Thank you for posting your review, and for sharing the photos. Mahalo! Rebecca; Guest Services Coordinator