Recently I stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel and would have to say the customer service is not ideal. The front desk customer service was about the worst I've experienced. Also, if you book a stay at this hotel via booking.com be careful, the price I booked was different than the confirmation I received from the hotel (there are issues with taxes and fees in fine print that make the totals in-congruent be sure to read the fine print) and then the final outcome. Also the hotel charges you an extra $23/day "amenities fee" - this is NOT included in the daily rate you are quoted so be sure to add that to the daily rate you are quoted and add tax too.
If you stay here, ask for a room on the 25th floor with an ocean view. However, know that what you request is not guaranteed on arrival. You may request a king bed and end up with a room that has double beds. To change rooms, you will be required to check out before noon and then check back in again at 3pm... which means you need to re-pack, leave your bags at the front desk and then check-in again and unpack again... they won't just transfer you to another room (or at least did not give me the option to do so considering I stayed there an entire week - it never happened...) not ideal if you are travelling long distances and just want to relax. Also, the rooms don't a have desk/table with proper sitting chairs - so no chance to sit down and get any work done if needed. Hit the Starbucks next door you will be better off there.
The Hotel is not located on the beach - it is across the street from the beach. If you want a beachfront resort where there is access to the beach from the property then I would recommend:
Outrigger on the Beach - Waikiki,
Westin Moana Hotel on the beach,
Sheraton Waikiki on the Beach.
There are a lot of shops and restaurants close to these hotels too. Plus they have restaurant/lounges on their property which are beachfront and have access to the beach.
So depending what ambiance you are looking for make your choice.
There is a 24hr Fitness a couple blocks from the Aston that has beachfront views and charges $69 for a week pass. It was a great gym - super inspiring and perfect for working out.
Near the Aston is a Starbucks :-) Wolfgang Pucks, and Subway, plus a good breakfast place located above the Starbucks called "Lulu's". The hotel breakfast is weak and the line-ups are not worth it... You are better off going to LuLu's next door above the Starbucks and get a view of the Ocean plus full service - the eggs Benedict, omelettes and traditional breakfast were all great there!
The beaches across the street are good. One has a wave barrier which keeps the water calm which would be great for kids who want to play in the water. To the left is a regular beach and great to hang out if you want to experience some waves and good crowds. The Honolulu Zoo is also near - if you have kids it might be good - I did not visit but it was very close walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu