I am in the military and relocated out family to HI for a three year assignment. While waiting on our housing to be ready we stayed at this hotel. I am only halfway through my 32 day stay here but wanted to write about this hotel during this busy PCS season to inform everyone how military and family friendly this hotel is.
Up front the offer you free breakfast, free Valet parking, free wifi and $25 per day you stay with them (the put the total balance in a visa check card when you check out).
If you are married w a family check your TLA rates and your meal rates. Some folks don't know their total entitlement. The meals rate is a flat standard and you are paid it regardless. Some of their rooms are bigger than others so when you make your reservation keep that in mind. I maxed my TLA option and we are staying in a large suite (big family).
They gave us two free upgrades to a partial ocean view with a lanai which is super cool. My wife and kids love doing spending some morning time out there and settling down at night too.
The beach is 25 feet across the street and this side of Waikiki is a little calmer, so it's perfect for smaller children. The beach has a small wall to allow calmer waters for young kids swimming w/o strong currents.
You can walk a quarter mile down the strip and it picks up so you won't have to walk far at all if that's what you prefer.
There is a nice pool on the main floor (3d floor) with a restaurant adjacent to it that has beautiful live music played every night. In the mornings Mon-Fri there is a guitar player and Hula dancer who perform during breakfast hours (really nice).
During the weekends you can watch parades from your room lanai, the pool area, from the beach or by the street! Restaurants all close by with plenty of shopping and things to do during the day/night/weekends. When I go to work my wife is able to enjoy the hotel amenities and Waikiki beach.
The staff is super friendly and helpful. Room service comes through daily and the Valet is always on time with the car. You get exempt from some taxes if you're in orders.
I haven't stayed at any other hotel in HI so I don't have anything to compare it to. But I will say it beats staying at the Best Western or Tripler Hotel...just makes sense to stay here the drive is NOT that bad. And it is a great hotel, not as great as or Sandals Resort experience but it's the best hotel I've ever stayed at while on a per diem rate!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu