Stayed July 1-9, Wonderful Stay! I'm not a picky person, knew I wasn't staying @ the Ritz & wasn't expecting that type accomodations. Upon arrival the front desk was very helpful, got me in my room & bags brought up quickly. After a flight delay of 7 hours, that was greatly appreciated. All staff was very mannered, cheerful & helpful. Yes, the rooms were small, so what? I spent as little time in my room as possible! Complaints about the pool? No! Why would I spend all of my time at a pool when I'm at the most beautiful beaches in the world? I found the breakfast on the beach a wonderful plus, eating poolside listening to the wonderful live performers play & watching the hula dancer was very relaxing, or eating breakfast on the beach before the crowd set in! It was very convenient to pack and take with you when you had an early excursion planned. The location was wonderful, being on the corner, you could cross the street at the light and be on the beach in steps! It was also down out of the crazy fray of the strip, but not TOO far out of the way, still convenient to lots of attractions.
The ONLY complaints I had about this hotel were: 1) the bathroom counterspace was small.
2) the hallways to the rooms were pretty drab compared to the rest of the brightly decorated hotel. When you step off the elevator, it kinda catches you by surprise the first time.
3) The bathtub wasn't wiped out as often as I would have liked, but the rest of the bathroom and room was picked up nicely, and in a timely fashion.
None of the above complaints were big enough to ruin or even put a damper on my vacation, I just thought I would warn you REALLY picky tourists out there!
Two other notes (which were not complaints of mine, but may be for some people):
1) If you are kid phobic, do not stay here. It is a pretty even mix of singles and families, but if kids annoy you or you prefer a more mature setting, stay somewhere else.
2) If you are a light sleeper, don't get a room over restaurant/bar. The music might keep you up. I was usually exhausted after my daily adventures, and slept like a log, so this did not bother me, even though I was on the first floor over the pool.
Anyways, ALHOA! Have a great stay! I really enjoyed this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu