I really, really want to give this hotel a better rating but due to a few issues I can't.
First the good things.
This hotel is in the best location in Waikiki, especially if you have small children. It is right across the street from the zoo and the park. The beach right in front has the walls which stop the waves creating a pool which is perfect for the kids. If you like waves there is plenty of them just on the other side of the concrete pier. In my opinion this is the best of both worlds. While still a very busy place we found it to be less busy than central Waikiki and still in walking distance of plenty of restaurants and shopping.
The hotel itself is very nice (for waikiki) and the staff was VERY friendly. Our ocean view room was small (this seems typical for waikiki hotels) but big enough that we did not go crazy. We actually used our lanai to store things like beach toys and other outdoor items giving us a little more space in the room. The hotel offers a computer center with computers complete with webcams and internet access. There is also free wi-fi available if you bring your own computer. This was not an advretised feature and I was very surprised to see such nice ammenity.
Now for the issues.
This hotel has a nice pool and deck that we would loved to have used. Like many people, we were away form the hotel during the daytime hours spending time at the beach or enjoying the many sights that Oahu has to offer. On several occasions we would liked to have spent time (especially the kids) during the evening at the pool. This, however, was impossible due to the fact that the pool closes at 7:00 p.m. every evening. Very poor timing. If I wanted spend my DAYS hanging around the pool I would have just booked a hotel where I live and saved the time and money going to Hawaii. If your room is on the west side of the hotel, do not plan on going to bed early. Tikis bar and grill, located right below your room, is very active and goes past 11:00 p.m. They have live entertainment nightly and a large crowd that likes to yell a lot (mstly drunk people). To make matters worse, the seals on the sliding glass doors are poor and you get all the noise whether you like it our not.
Overall,a great hotel with the best location but, unless you like to party a lot and don't mind a noisy hotel, I would use caution.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu