4,296 results
All reviews across the street cooler bag tiki restaurant wolfgang puck express yogurt waikiki beach ocean front hula dancer free breakfast diamond head floor number partial ocean view every morning honolulu zoo homeless people room key oceanfront room
Reviewed 6 March 2006

I stayed 2/19 - 2/23 in 1504 with an ocean view (I could see some of the ocean but my sister's view from 2327 was beautiful) the room was decent enough but the ice maker was right outside the door - very loud and annoying. When the a/c was on it smelled like someone was smoking a cigarette on the other side of the vent. I tried to keep the lanai door open at night for fresh air but the music and loud drunk people from Tiki's kept me awake. If you like to go to bed before 10:00 - do not stay at this hotel! The restaurants were very good and the breakfast was fine, enough of a selection for anyone. The pool was on the small size but we didn't spend much time there since it was always in the shade. My sister was very happy with her room so I guess it just depends on the room you end up with. I, however, will not be staying there again.

Date of stay: February 2006
12  Thank towerdiva
Reviewed 4 March 2006

Hotel was nice and the rooms clean. Everytime we left something in the car at the parkade it was gone when we came back. When we parked on the street it was not a problem. It was valet parking and the staff had the keys when car was parked in parkade. I can only wonder. So don't leave stuff in your car.

Date of stay: May 2005
12  Thank Daydream20240
Reviewed 28 February 2006

After booking this hotel. We saw these reviews and were kind of nervous. But once we got there we were wondering what they were complaining about --we got a really clean room..2 doubles..9th floor..no bugs..a decent maid for the week...it was decorate like a smaller scale hotel nothing fancy but it was pleasant enough--yes the rooms are very small..and you cannot sit on your balcony--or at least not ours--we had a partial ocean view/diamond head view but you will get plenty of diamond head by the end of your vacation.
For our lsat day..they switched us to an inside room facing the pool for an extra chrge of $75 because of our late checkout but we expected that charge. Th room had 2 singles and a beautiful view of the west side of the hotel/ocean. You could sit on this lanai. Everything here costs extra so so don't expect anything but what you see. Tiki's is pricey but awesome--jeff and mike the day bartenders are awesome--holla -- Lulu's around the corner is very,very good and the coldstone creamery is awesome but very pricey--a small is --like it $5.19 plus tax we did get bored with the included breakfast but we ate it anyway--it was included and the kids didn't mind -i don't eat breakfast anyway. It was truly not the hotel that was dissappointing but the island itself. Our hotel was ideally located across the street from the amazingly small/skinny beach..it may have been 10' wide but it is on the edge of a huge hustle and bustle city.It is still beautiful but rain dampened our spirits almost every day. I found the majority of the activities to be so disappointing and way over priced. The biggest disappointment was our day on the ko'olina cat catamaran. Although the captain and crew were awesome..we should definitely gotten a refund--we expected to see whales, dolphins sea turtles and some great snorkeling for $99 per person we had a coupon so we got 2 @$99 ans 2 @ $69
total with tax was like $338+ They took us to electric island(sound safe to you ) to snorkel ther was nothing to see there but sand and some premature foggy coral--no fish, no turtles, no dolphins at all and then came the rain !!!OH MY GOD..it was aweful.We were just going in for the day when out of nowhere a spout of water was spotted far far away--so the captain took us to try to see the whale which no one actually identified to my knowledge...so needless to say our garaunteed money back plan was squashed and we were wet , sad and now we were late for our bus !!As you can expect,the story only goes downhill from there...needless to say that particular lunch cost us a fortune !! no money was offered to us either !!!! The next day our luau was cancelled due to terential rains on the west side of the island. We did manage to see Pearl Harbor earlier that day that was nice and it was almost free--We rescheduled the luau for thurs evening and it was worth all $349 it cost !!
We loved Paradise Cove and cousin Linden is awesome !!! The food is great the entertainment is out of this world, the sunset was amazing --it was truly the highlight of our trip !! and Holly--our bartender was great too ! My son and my husband parasailed with extreme parasailers--they were great ! atlantis submarine was very dissapointing and once again $90.04 per person (i swear everything is almost $100 per person) We rented a convertible and toured the island !! THAT was awesome although it was hard to find things as nothing is clearly marked,but giovanni's shrimp guy does have the best shrimp(scampi style ) and the scenery is hard to explain with words--breathtakingly beautiful !!! Thank GOD as it was close to our last day
THANKS OAHU FOR THE $7000 EDUCATION/VACATION. THANKS BUT NO THANKS TO OAHU --SORRY WE'LL STICK TO THE CARIBBEAN--IT'S CLOSER TO HOME

Date of stay: February 2006
12  Thank ftbtmgrl
Reviewed 22 February 2006

We had a cruise booked from Honolulu so stayed at the Hotel before and after the cruise.
Booked the same category room for both stays
Ocean View with Balcony
First stay great room on the 7th floor directly overlooking the Swimming Pool / Tikki Bar. Room number 15 I believe
Noisy of a night but not disturbingly so
2nd Stay we were given room number 1 again on the 7th floor
Poor room, no views but hotel full so couldn't change
I would recommend this hotel we enjoyed our stay in Hawaii but make sure you get Ocean Front or Ocean View with a high number.
Completely avoid the annex, we didn't stay there but people who did said the rooms were poor, dirty and noisy

Date of stay: October 2005
18  Thank Experience25728
Reviewed 20 February 2006

Service and remodeling were great. It was fun. Two small problems were the popcorn ceilings and the size of the room. The room was tiny and much smaller than we had expected.
Overall ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Hotel added like a small treat to this great trip.
My family and I recommend this hotel. We won't be staying there on our next trip because we like trying to find the 'perfect hotel.'

Date of stay: December 2005