“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel
Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2006

We loved staying at this hotel. We thought the location was great. Our oceanview room
had a beautiful view of the beach. From the time we arrived until we left the staff was
friendly and helpful. Our king size bed was not available the lst night but was available
the remaining stay. The breakfast they offered with the bags was wonderful. This was
appreciate because we had early morning departures for our tours. This was our first time
to Hawaii. We would stay at this hotel again and recommend others to stay here also.
We thought we received a good value for our money at this hotel.

19 Thank DEBORAH J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (903)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2006

All I can say is, I have stayed there 2 times (4 days and 11 days) and will plan another stay there. The two previous posters stated everything that needs to be said. Not the Ritz, but ResortQuest has Tiki's. ;)

12 Thank HulaGurl
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2006

This hotel is ideally situated ovelooking Waikiki Beach and adjacent to the lovely Kapiolani Park with Diamond Head as it backdrop. The rooms and bathroom are clean and functional and the beds comfortable not that you would want to waste your time sleeping when you are here. The hotel service we received was superb, the staff were friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble - you were made to feel welcome from the check in staff through to the pool and room attendants - all are very professional.
The included breakfast is a good start to the day and has a variation each morning I would say it covers most tastes. What makes breakfast a relaxing start to the day is the charismatic gentle hawian dancer and her accompaniment guitarist - they are brilliant.
Tikis Restaurant food is good quality and well presented - and together with the wines are reasonably priced. The staff are attentive without being over the top - our iced water was constantly topped up. The sweets are to die for Tikis Lava flow..... For ambience and romance take a table on the balcony. This is a comfortable hotel that offers good value for money - I cannot fault this hotel on its value - my wife and I stayed here for seven nights in May with a sea view room - when we return to Honolulu we will definitely stay here. I hope this helps - for those who book this hotel I trust you will meet with the same satisfaction as we did.

15 Thank Dogonthedock
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2006

i would never stay in this hotel again for the price we payed. rooms are very small, ugly furnishing, the only good thing about this hotel was breakfast by the pool, i,m glad we only booked 2 nights

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Western Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2006

We stayed here for a little over a week in May and I have to say, what a pleasant surprise.
The decor of place has a cool, retro feel to it, though I am told they will begin a large remodeling project on the property this year. Not sure if it should really BE remodeled....
First of all, the location is right across the street from the beach. The location on Kalakaua Blvd is easy walking distance to great shopping (The Royal Hawaiian, The International Marketplace, and various boutiques at the far end like Tiffany's, etc.). What really made this hotel for us, though, was the wonderfully friendly staff (Stephanie at the front desk was so kind and helpful). They go above and beyond.
The breakfast on the deck was charming as well. You have the usual cereals, muffins, juices, etc., but you also have various omelets, pancakes, miso soup, and other items to nosh on. If you chose to eat at the poolside, you will be serenaded with Hawaiian music and the occasional dance by local artists. All of this as you overlook the ocean below.
It's worth checking out this place for so many reasons. We will be back.

20 Thank PioneerValley
Miramar, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2006

I was a bit apprehensive about staying at the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach after reading some reviews ripping the hotel apart, but decided to give them a chance anyway. I'm writing this to counter any negative reviews.
The hotel has an awesome location! You can walk to many places - the beach is across the street, restaurants and stores are everywhere and the Honolulu Zoo is literally next door.
The rooms were great! Yeah, they may be decorated in a Hawaiian motif you might not use in your own house, but you're in HAWAII!!! Enjoy the colorful comforters and the wood-like curtain in front of your closet space - there's nothing wrong with them. Our room was very clean and didn't appear worn or old. We had a mini fridge, tv and little balcony. We got a partial ocean view, which was just that, we could see the beach if we got close to the sliding glass door or were on the balcony. We could even see the sun set from there!
Our room was on the 6th floor (which is actually 2 floors up from the lobby) and faced the pool. I got real nervous then because I remembered one reviewer complained about the noise from the pool and about the music. Uh ... I heard neither! You can hear the musician serenading the breakfast crowd if you open up your sliding door but, aside from that there was no noise that bothered us at any time of the day or night.
Some reviewers complained about the monotony of the breakfast. First of all, the breakfast is FREE!!! Secondly, everyday they have cold cereal, fruit juices, muffins and sushi - aside from that, there is variation: cheese omelette one day (it's not omelette shaped and no one makes it in front of you, but it's good), sausage and egg biscuit another, tater tots, etc. They even provide you with little lunch "boxes" in your room to take down to breakfast, load up on goodies and go wherever you want with your FREE breakfast.
The only negative: the pool is small. But then again, you can walk across the street to the vast ocean. And the area of beach across from the hotel is partially walled off so that the water right up to the wall is no more than 6 feet.
Mind you, this isn't the fanciest hotel, but for the price, we got an awesome deal at a wonderful hotel! There is nothing wrong with the hotel itself, the rooms, the staff or the free breakfast. Despite the fact the hotel appears to be in good condition, the doorman advised us they're currently renovating it and should be done by the end of the year. From what he told us, they'll be installing flat screen tvs in each room and getting new the furniture and beds. I'm sure it'll be even better then, but I'm also sure someone will find fault with the renovations too. Just remember, there's just no pleasing some people. Some people expect 5 star accomodations and staff when they only paid a fraction of what it would have cost them. We were definitely more than satisfied with our 8 night stay for the price we paid.

25 Thank rhyannonb
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2006

I stayed at this hotel with my best friend for the last two nights of our Hawaiin Adventure. We chose this hotel because we knew we would want to try to save some cash at the end of our journey and decided to stay in the Beach Towers at this hotel. While at an ABC store, we picked up a Waikiki tour book of some kind and read the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Hotel review and were immediately terrified. It stated that overall, the hotel was alright, but the Towers were HORRIBLE- the writer stated that it should be reserved for tourists the state of Hawaii want to hold as prisoners... (not verbatim, but you get the idea)

We got to the front desk to check in and asked if there was any room in main hotel area- the front desk was extremely helpful and after chatting with her and expressing our sincere gratitude for changing our room- she even upgraded us to an ocean front!

Don't get me wrong- its not the Ritz. If you are looking for glamour and being in awe and want the hotel staff to anticipate your every need--- this is not the hotel for you. BUT, if you are on a budget, you will be pleasantly surprised. The beach is right across the street, if you aren't too picky- you'll appreciate the free continental breakfast, and the location is pretty surprising!

One thing is that the Tiki Bar is always playing music at night, its not bad music and its not too loud (I was on the 23rd floor and I thought it was pretty soothing)- and don't worry, the music is Hawaiin music...

The only negative I had was that there was a high school senior trip there during my brief stay so there were about 40 18 year-olds running around. They weren't overwhelming (they scattered to the beach), but I'm often told I don't have the most patience with kids... and I didn't notice them too bad... at least nothing that a great drink at the Tiki Bar couldn't handle!

I am planning my next Hawaii trip and am planning to stay here again- all because of my pleasant surprise with my first trip.

Stayed June 2005