Location, Location, Location. You can’t ask for any better.
The hotel is located at the end of Waikiki beach next to the zoo and the aquarium. In the other direction is all the shopping and dinning one could ask for. Never did have to actually hire a cab or rent a car! Everything was within walking distance. I believe that being on the end also made it a little quieter.
If that wasn’t enough the beach was right outside and the view from the room was spectacular.
Everyone on the staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. I even used the travel planner in the lobby to help schedule an island tour. They were wonderful as well. Most of the trolleys and tour buses had pick up and drop off right outside the hotel. This made trips to the mall or other parts of the island very convenient.
The only thing I could say is that the beaded closet curtain was a major pain. I would have taken it down if I could have. Other than that my room was nice. It was clean and comfortable. I understand that they are redoing all the rooms this year and don’t know what the older rooms may be like. One other down side is the elevators are a little slow. You do have to have a room key to access the guest room floors. Since I was traveling alone this was a nice security feature. They do have in room internet access but it is an additional charge. As a business traveler this was a negative, as it got a little expensive.
I did not eat lunch or dinner at the restaurant in the hotel but did take advantage of the breakfast on the beach offering. What a great idea. They would provide you with a cooler that you could then fill it from a buffet line and take it to the beach, the pool, or back to your room. The food changed each morning and was a nice selection.
I can say without any doubt that I would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 645 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu