First of all my husband and I are not the type who need a fancy place. As long as it is cheap, clean, and in a good location we are ok with it. Saying that if you are the type who are used to high end furnishing, not ok with paint peeling DO NOT STAY HERE. We paid $85/night in downtown Waikiki across from the beach. You get what you pay for. But we would stay here again due to the price/location. We had an inside room. It had a window in the door and a window next to the door. The windows overlook a walkway so we kept the window coverings closed at all times. If your room is by the elevator your only window is in the door. The hotel is very small-8 rooms to a floor, 12 floors. They were doing construction on the top floor but we could not hear them-we were on the 5th floor. Yes, as others said the elevator is very old. And tiny! You can barely fit 4 people without luggage in it. The room is a decent size. There is a armoir, chair, table and bed against the far wall with night tables on either side. The bathroom was next to the bed which I did not care for. The TV is an old tube tv, but it shouldn't matter how big it is-you're in Hawaii! There are some small stains on the wall, the paint is peeling on parts of the ceiling and faucets. DESPITE THIS the sheets seemed clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is great. The bed isn't bad-we had no trouble falling asleep on it. It wasn't rock hard like some hotels. Every time we left/came back the staff greeted us. It is right across the street from the beach that has the rock wall. There's no pool but the part of the beach across the street is very calm-like having a large pool-due to the rock wall.
A little tip. This is the Aston Waikiki BeachSIDE hotel-not the Aston Waikiki Beach hotel. The entrance is a small door next to an ABC store. It is in the same block as Billabong and if you pass McDonalds you've gone too far.
Also, if you don't want to pay the $22/night fee for parking at the hotel-there is a parking garage about 5 blocks away from the hotel that is $10/day at the Waikiki Banyan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel offers value accommodations in a prime location, directly across from world-famous Waikiki Beach. You'll be right in the heart of Hawaii's premier beach city at an incredible value. Onsite amenities include FREE WiFi, an activities desk, and a serene patio for lounging. Valet parking is available for $25 per day. With a convenient location and affordable accommodations, Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel is a gem on the Waikiki beachfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Beachside Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Beachside Hotel
- Hotel Aqua Waikiki Beachside
- Waikiki Beachside Hotel
- Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu