“Two canadians from Vancouver- Nice hotel and friendly staff”

Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel
Ranked #76 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Our week vacation was enjoyable and the hotel staff: Suafa, Larissa, Lave, Kamaki and Desmond helped us a great deal. Nice people with great customer service orientation. Even all housekeepers were so friendly every day.
We stayed 7 unforgettable nights. Very nice room with view to seaside on 4th floor, nice air conditioning, safety box and nice two twin beds. We will miss the delicious shower and nice bathroom.
No matter our bedrrom was facing the beachside, and main street, it was so quiet and cozy.
We had always breakfast in the bedroom, because we had in the bedroom a nice fridge and also we asked for a coffemaker, that was provided immediately.
We paid all in anticipation through Expedia.ca and it worked great and no extra charges at the end .
On first floor they have a ABC supermarket that is open until late and we bought there daily some good staff for breakfast and even for lunch or dinner sometimes.
Love to go back to same hotel with same staff.
Internet is free in the lobby and very fast and powerful.
For printing our boarding passes , the staff suggested to go to next door hotel ,and they provided the printing free. Nice people as well

Room Tip: Ask for a full view seaside bed room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TAB2014

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Great location and reasonable price. Rooms are small, but it's OK. Stable and fast free wifi at the lobby.

ajlsjflaja;jdfa;sjf;a kfja;kfja ; djfa;ksdjf; ajds; fjal;sdjfl;kasjdfl; ajsl;fkjal;sdjflk;ajsdl;kfja;ldsjfal;dsjfal;jsdfl;ajsdf; aklsdfja;ldsjfl;akjd;lakfj;saljdfl;ajkdsf;lka jds;fljkal;dsjfa;ljdf;alsdjf;lajdf;lajsdf;ljas;fka;jdfl;asjf;adksjfa;ldjf;a kdsfja;djf;alsdj;fja;sdjfa;sdkfja;sdkfja;lskdjf;lajsflkas

Just to make it 200 characters.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank syuji
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Quiet, clean with friendly staff. Good Value.
Nice view of Waikiki Beach area.
Smaller rooms but your never there.
Great location across the beach.Restaurants close.
Newer mattresses and great sleep.
Will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen K
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel prior to boarding our cruise in February 2013. We stayed for 5 nights and were pleased with our choice. We found the staff friendly and helpful. The room was adequate with a balcony giving us the view that we were hoping for when staying in Hawaii. Since we were in Hawaii, we weren't as concerned about having a large and luxurious room. Our priority was that it was on the beach and that was exactly what we had. We would certainly choose this hotel again if we are in Hawaii again. Like another reviewer said, when the taxi drops you off, make sure that you are at the correct hotel. It took us three tries to get to the correct on.

Room Tip: Ask for a room 6th floor or higher so that the beautiful banyan tree doesn't block your view. Gr...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Value is good. Main factor for choosing is its excellent location. A bit small but adequate. Don't expect space for your bags, Service is lacking. So called free internet only in lobby. No kettle provided despite multiple requests. Cannot even make coffee or tea.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sfjchan
Reviewed 15 December 2013

First of all, lets not confuse Aston Beachside Waikiki and Aston Beach Wailkiki. Our shuttle dropped us off at the wrong hotel and left! These two hotel are 4 blocks apart but Aston Beachside has slightly better location and the the Aston Beach is newer and nicer.

My review is on Aston Beachside Waikiki.

Overall, this a slightly older building, one elevator, and a very small lobby. It is not run down but not immaculate either.. Our room has a corner ocean view, clean, bed is comfortable, shower has hot water and no problem. Room does not have kettle, coffee maker, coffee and tea like most hotels in US would have. It has a very nice hair dryer which I appreciate. No safe deposit box.

Location is great. Right across the ocean. Near lots of budget eatery and not far to shopping (Macys, Royal Center) and fancy restaurants. Pacific Beach hotel is just around the corner and you can get cooked breakfast eggs, sausage, potatoes for $5. But drinks there are a bit pricy, you might as well buy from the ABC convenient stores.

So, why only 3 star? It could have been 4 star. Here's why...

Wifi - they advertise wifi is free at lobby but I talked to 2 people at 2 different shifts, they won't give me the password to wifi unless I show them my device! That is strange.

Print boarding pass - we needed to print boarding passes so I asked if I could use the PC at the lobby. They said no. That is for staff only. They sent us to the hotel next door called Waikiki Circle to print my boarding pass. They said it is under the same management. We went but the Internet of the 2 PCs there was not working and they said I should go back and print it in my own hotel.Felt like being pushed around. Back to my hotel, told the front desk what happened. i saw they have a printer so I asked if he could let me check in and 2 print boarding passes, he said no, suggested that I go to Internet cafe 3 blocks away.

Check out - we booked via booking.com. We thought the payment has been settled when we checked in. There is no mini bar, no in-house restaurant so we didnt expect any additional charges. But as we dropped off the keys and headed for our shuttle, the guy at front desk (different guy from the last incident) shouted out that we still owe $15. He was not attended to us properly during check out either. He was on the phone as he shouted out to us. As it turned out, they didn't charge us the tax when we checked in. So we asked them to put that in the card that we already gave them a night before. Honestly we were only there for a night, it can't be that difficult to manage the bill.

This is my second trip to Waikiki. People in Waikiki are very charming and helpful. The service of this hotel leaves me a bad taste, and I will spare you from other unpleasant details.

There are plenty of hotels there at Waikiki. Pick a better one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank codebeans
Kevin W, Front Office Manager at Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. I sincerely apologize for the lack of customer service shown to you by my Guest Service Agents. As you can see by our past reviews, we pride ourselves on customer service and guest relations, so please know that I have shared your concerns with my staff to better their service standards for our guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. They will surely help us perfect our Operations. If you should ever choose to return to the Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel, please let me know.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Not to be confused with the Aston Beach a couple blocks away, or the Aston Beach Circle next door, the Aston Beachside is a nice little no-frills boutique hotel right across from Waikiki beach.

The room was small and nothing extraordinary compared to more modern hotels (ie, it has an old CRT tube TV, but I wasn't in Honolulu to watch TV!), but the room was always kept clean and it was relatively quiet despite being right beside the elevator. Even with the airconditioner turned off, there was a nice breeze from the open-air hallway that kept the room cool all day & night (this is in November with 25-30 Celsius weather, might be different in hotter/humid weather!)

The most noteworthy thing about this hotel was the staff; everyone was friendly and cheerful, and the three front-desk staff I encountered throughout the week seemed to always know who we were; I've never stayed at a boutique hotel, but this level of personal recognition was the most valued part of this stay.

Although WiFi is not free ($10/day), you can get an access code from the front desk to use in the lobby which will continue to work in your room for 24 hours.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple