Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel
US$213
US$183
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed 19 January 2005

My husband and I just returned from Hawaii yesterday. We stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel. I liked the hotel. I didn't expect to stay in a 4-5 star hotel so this hotel was just the ticket. Yes, the "standard rooms" are small and with no windows. If you ask at the front desk, you can probably upgrade to a room with a partial view or a room with a beautiful view for a fee. The beach is right across the street. If you happen to get a room with a ocean view, the view can't be beat. Some of the rooms are a little stuffy/musty but I think that is to be expected from a place with so much humidity. The personnel are very polite and courteous. Trevor will play the eukele for you. There are stores all around you, Jack in the Box, McDonalds, ABC store is right next door. Sit on your balcony and watch the sunset and the surfers. Sometimes the AC got a little cold, so we opened the windows and patio door for a good breeze. It is not the most modern/upscale hotel on the strip, but the rooms are really clean and the hotel staff is really nice. If you are on a budget and just want a clean and hospitable place to stay then this is the hotel for you. I will be staying there next year.

• Stayed: January 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 December 2004

If you've been in prison and are freaked out by the thought of sleeping in a cell, then run away. The smallest hotel room known to man. They put me in something they called an "interior roon" which translates to NO WINDOWS. Great breakfast buffet and the location is good, but Good God; the size of the rooms.

5  Thank Layover
Reviewed 10 December 2004

We put the two twin beds together and asked for the wall to wall carpet to be shampooed in our room and we had the best value in Waikiki. The beach is literally across the street, the towels and beach mat available in the lobby in the morning are fabulous, as you return them there on your way in. No swimming pool but there's the beach and boogie boarding and surfing lessons right there in front. Get your Maui Babe suntan lotion and feast on the sun tanning opportunity. The view was superb from our balcony. The free continental breakfast was great and with the bed tray, you can bring the muffins, croissants, coffee and juice (real!) up to your room. This is a small boutique hotel with friendly staff and location, location, location! We got a great room with a great view but yes some rooms are without windows or look out onto a wall. Get out of the room and see Oahu and the North Shore and the malls and just sleep in there! You're not buying the place but just sleeping there. It isn't for honeymooners cause the beds are a little old but worth every penny.

5  Thank WESTMOUNTGAL
A TripAdvisor Member
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed 29 November 2004

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. If u book it through Pleasant Holidays, better call the hotel and make sure you get a queen or king size bed. The hotel staff and manager insisted I booked 2 twins. I was stuck with this the first night and the manager was reluctant to give me a queen or king when I know for a fact it was available.

The lobby is small but looks decent at first glance. Then you see the area rug and the furniture and you can tell it's just not well maintained. The worse part was the elevator! It is tiny, dirty and disgusting. If I hadn't been on the top floor I would have opted to take the stairs.

The rooms are so small I barely had enough space for my luggage. The carpet is in dire need of being replaced and the TV was a junky old Zenith. I had to wear slippers around the room cause I didn't want to step on the filthy carpet. Also, we ended up with a lovely view of a building wall.

Luckily, my boyfriend and I didn't spend much time in the hotel. Basically we were only there to shower and sleep.

The only thing nice about the hotel was the location. You can jaywalk and be at Waikiki beach in 10 seconds. The staff besides the manager were friendly and nice, but not enough reason to ever refer anyone to this hole.

• Stayed: November 2004
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 November 2004

We had viewed this hotel several years ago & thought it would be a great place to stay.
However, on a recent visit to Hawaii we were given a room facing a blank wall & the hotel was in need of a renovation. We were shown an upgrade room which had one bed, no bath tub & would have cost us an extra $ 50 per night.
Next day we moved to the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel where we were completely happy.

5  Thank Alnol