“Great hotel and location!! amazing staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel

Aston Waikiki Beachside Hotel
Ranked #75 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
New York City, New York
“Great hotel and location!! amazing staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

Love the hotel decor, it is a French styled Chinese art themed hotel called Chinoiserie, which was very elegant and sophisticated. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Keep in mind it is not a glamor high end hotel but it was just what I was looking for. Something low-key, VERY close to the beach! It's right across the street. If you looking for no-hassle yet stylish surroundings, this hotel is a great choice! Did I mention great friendly and very helpful staff? Especially the day time front desk clerk.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

Nice staff, nice hotel for the money in Waikiki. Perfect location for Waikiki Beach access and clubs nearby.

appomattox, va
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

The hotel is in a WONDERFUL location and the staff is wonderful....especially DOUGLAS....he was always willing to go above and beyond to make our stay more enjoyable. We would definitely stay at Aqua Waikiki Beachside again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

I loved this hotel. My wife and I stayed there for 6 nights in August and loved it. It is a little small and older, but the room was nice and clean. The staff is very friendly (front desk people, cleaning staff, etc). When asking a question one morning I left a bottle of gatoraide on the front desk--the front desk clerk chased me a block down the street to return it to me. The hotel lets you check out beach towels, which is not always typical for a hotel that is not directly on the beach. The room was very quiet and the curtains keep it nice and dark for an early sunrise. The location is amazing. Simply cross the street and you are on the beach. There are hundreds of restaurants and bars within a 5 block walk. The wireless internet in the lobby works great with fast speeds (wish you could use it in the room). This hotel is not too big, so there is not a lot of walking around that you have to do.

I only have two negatives about the hotel: 1st off, they have people at the front door that hound you every time you walk in or out about booking activities/excursions. They won't book them for you unless you go to a sales presentation, which I refuse to do on my vacation. On the 3rd day we were there, we were walking around the lobby and wanted to book a shuttle ride to Hamanau Bay. I thought I was talking to one of the front desk people, but it was one of these sales presentation people. He went into his pitch and I explained "No, I just want to pay for it" to which he responded with "Well we don't do that here" and walked off. Later on that day I talked to a from desk person and he booked it for me right away, $15 a person. The other negative is that I wanted a late checkout on our last day as we really had nothing going on till about 2 or 3 and our flight left at 9pm. I was told that the only way I could get a late checkout is if I paid $50 to checkout at 6pm. This is a great option that I wish I would have known of in advance and I would have moved a few things around. But since we had mid-afternoon plans, it wasn't worth $50 to check out a few hours late. The hotel did not seem to be close to 100% occupancy (rarely saw anyone on our floor) and I have not had problems at other hotels/resorts with getting a checkout a few hours late.

Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

Excellent location, rt across from Waikiki Beach n on the main strip (walking distance to restaurant n shopping). Rm is small n bed is uncomfortable. Valet parking at an extra charge of $22/day bc it's impossible to find parking w/in the area. Must have a car to get around to other touristy site.

• Stayed August 2010
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

I just got back from a quick two day trip to Honolulu. I found this hotel online and I am so glad !! There was a good discount for making a reservation 60 days in advance. It was literally 60 steps from the front door to the protected sandy beach right across the street !! It is right in the middle of everything Waikiki has to offer ... the beach, of course, with fabulous shopping and restaurants close by. The International Market Place was a 5 minutes walk. Very high end shops on the same street. Cafes everywhere. So the location was perfect for me. But it was the hotel staff who were exceptionally friendly that made my stay the best. The front desk people always had a cheery "aloha!" whenever you entered. Towels and mats were available. Will at the activities desk was especially helpful and pleasant. Informative and genuinely nice. I was impressed that after one meeting he remembered my name. My room was small but would have been fine with 2 people. The only downside was the view from my room. I had a large balcony, but looked at the solid wall of a large building with no windows. Looking to the right of the balcony was a view of other hotels. So I had fresh air but it was too loud to leave the sliding glass door open all night. The are some rooms with only a small window that look out to the open air corridor. When I go to Waikiki again, I would definitely stay there, but will pay the extra $40 for a gorgeous ocean vista. I never stay in Waikiki as it is always too noisy and impersonal (the hotel I always visit in quiet Laie has been torn down to make way for a Marriott) but felt safe and comfortable at the Aqua Waikiki. A great deal !!!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

Great staff very friendly with extra good service! The best location and close to everything in Waikiki!