“Excellent place”

Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
Ranked #40 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I spent 8 days in Waikiki in Feb 2013 after a week long Hawaiian cruise.
Booked the place on-line and took our changes. The place was absolutely lovely!! The staff we were told, were family from the original owner. Wonderful place to stay, oceanfront room on the 14th floor, it doesn't get any better. We walked every day along the beach, took surf lessons and watched the beautiful dancers at night. The nightlife was incredible, everyone out enjoying the shopping, the scenery and everything in walking distance.
The hotel staff was amazing!!! Kind and very helpful explaining their culture and various things to do and see. Our room was spotless everyday, there wasn't anything more we could ask for.
We would highly recommend this quaint hotel, and hopefully we will return to Hawaii and spend our visit at the Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel. Kudos to them for making our stay a memorable one

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank maria p

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Great hotel! Was super happy with our choice this time...our fourth trip to Waikiki. We asked for an ocean front room and we were on the 11th floor with a beautiful view. Hotel is located perfectly in the center of the strip. I found hotel staff to be very helpful and friendly.
Only minor issue was that upon arrival, which was early, we were forced to change in the bathroom on the street level because there is no lobby or shared hotel space...it's just 2 elevators which go directly to the various floors. The bathroom was pretty nasty even though it required a code to get in...kind of what you'd expect if you were going to MacDonalds...but once we were checked in this was a non-issue.
The rooms were very clean, had 2 decent size beds (my wife reminded me that the bed was a little short for me and I'm 6'...and they were a bit on the soft side), a nice balcony (my wife mentioned it didn't have a screen), mini-fridge, tv, the usual. We could have used a bathtub since we were with our 8-month old...and these were shower only. Another minor inconvenience....other-wise it was a great hotel. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with an ocean view....note since it's the circle hotel all the rooms have d...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was our 3rd stay at the Circle and we just adore this hotel ! ! Location is great. We were lucky to again have an oceanfront room on the 14th floor and the view is to die for!! Best view for your money in Waikiki.From the balcony we could see turtles swimming at the beach across the road everyday and we were even lucky enough to see some whales spouting off shore one evening.

This time we had 4 adults in the room and before we arrived we were worried about how we would all fit but it was fine. There's plenty of storage in the cupboard and under the beds for suitcases (We had 8 suitcases and 4 carry on bags) and we all managed in the space we had. The room and bathroom are small but so clean and fresh and the balcony (lanai) is wonderful! Wi-fi in our room was quick and reliable. The staff are lovely and very accomodating.

This is not a 5 star luxury hotel and there is no grand foyer or restaurant or pool or room service however it is in a perfect location directly across from the beach and close to lots of restaurants and shops and an easy 5 minute walk to the heart of the Waikiki shopping strip.

We think the Aston Waikiki circle is a hidden gem and would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Waikiki.

Room Tip: Pay extra for an oceanfront room and ask for the top 3 floors. The view is unbelievable!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank WoniOz
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here this past Feb 13-17, 2014. The hotel is fairly clean and the AC is nice. We stayed on the 12th floor--some nights you could hear the wind go crazy through the balcony sliding door! and you can feel the building move...if you stay on the upper floors, you have to get used to walking in a circle to get to your room, haha.
The location of this hotel is awesome--as it is right on the main strip of Waikiki--and very convenient. However, the downside is that the amenities you have to pay extra for--which in turn would make up the price of this "affordable" hotel. Wi-Fi mandatory charge of $15/night, as well as to park in their garage is $18/night. --Be sure to get there early (there are only 22 available spots to park in the garage--if it gets full, you have to park at another hotel down the street that they suggest) I get it that these features may be needed (b/c it is IMPOSSIBLE to park on the streets of Waikiki)-but I don't think hotel guests should be charged for parking--but I see that it is pretty popular for Waikiki hotels to do so.

The rooms are small, really only big enough for 2 people. Bathroom is small too..we did have a bit of difficulty with the shower head--since it would shoot the water out beyond the shower floor and we would have to tamper to adjust it correctly--and once we did the water pressure was low.

Other than that, we were pretty satisfied--I mean... you ARE in HAWAII!!!

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra fee for oceanview--SO WORTH IT!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The location of this hotel is great, just across from famous Waikiki beach. However, the rooms are small and the customer service is poor. There is a very small lobby, so if it is raining no where to sit. The uphill location of the lobby is very hard on handicapped individuals in wheelchairs or even seniors who walk with canes.

Room Tip: Higher Floors would have a better view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 155012Mary
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This was my sixth visit to this fantastic little budget hotel. Granted it is not for everyone, rooms are all the same, except for their orientation, showers are small, no bathtub but if you choose a room with an ocean view, it more than, makes up for what is lacking. Also, the hotel's location can't be beat, just across the street is a fantastic swimming beach, shopping and good restaurants are nearby. There is a new amenity fee which most hotels now charge, annoying yes but the WiFi always worked and it was nice having the paper at the door. Housekeeping does an excellent job and all the Desk Agents are friendly and knowledgeable, especially Naomi who remembers me each time I return. Her Waikiki knowledge is unsurpassed and she is always eager to give you good advice. One morning I wanted something interesting for breakfast and she suggested I eat with the fishes. Across the street at the Pacific Beach Hotel, the restaurant has an enormous salt water tank with skipjack and other ocean fish. I liked it so much I went there twice, the waitress I had was pleasant and suggested the Kona Coffee Press when I asked for strong coffee. At $12 a pot, it was not cheap but excellent and worth the splurge, made easier by the extremely reasonable rates at the Circle. Again, as I've mentioned before, do not expect a resort experience at the Circle, it is a friendly, well run budget hotel, with great rates, excellent staff and a sublime view.

Room Tip: Ocean view a must.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank javsigx101
Reviewed 13 February 2014

At first I was a bit hesitant to book a hotel without a pool, but after spending a week at the Aston Waikiki Circle, I had no regrets. My family had a wonderful vacation staying here! We are beach lovers, and this hotel has such an amazing location across from Waikiki Beach, we had no time to miss the absence of a pool. We were too busy having fun at Waikiki!

The rooms are not large, but are kept very clean and also have a mini fridge and balcony. I loved having access to unlimited beach towels, free beach mats, and kids beach tubes. Also, there are free movie rentals which you can watch in your room. Most hotels in Waikiki charge the 'resort fee' anyway, so you are stuck with it wherever you go. When compared to the bargain rate of this hotel and what you get, we didn't mind.

The staff were friendly and professional, and we loved eating at the restaurant. We kept an eye on the queue from our balcony, so when it was short we would go down and be seated quickly, unlike other diners who had long waits because the food is so amazing there. I also liked that there wasn't any lobby or resort stores to go through. Often we were in our bathing suits and just wanted to get to the beach as quickly as possible.

Overall, the location, cleanliness, value and easy access to Waikiki Beach are what made our stay here one to remember. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family