Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ramada Plaza Waikiki(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$329
US$298
Travelocity
1,156 results
All reviewseggs n thingsocean frontrooms are smallacross the streetgreat locationoceanfront roomamenity feebeach towelstwo double bedsabc store next doorpartial ocean viewper nightdaily newspaperdvd rentalsboogie boardsbasic hotelkalakaua avenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were a group of 5 adults from Canada and Germany, meeting up for a 3 week hawaiian vacation. We wanted an inexpensive, beach hotel in the heart of Waikiki. The circle hotel did not disappoint! The hotel websites pictures and descriptions are bang on. The rooms are basic and compact, but EVERYTHING is just a few steps from this hotel. It was perfect for our 4 nights in Waikiki. A fabulous location at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great little hotel right on Waikiki Beach.If going to the beach with ease is your thing then this is the place for you. They have free beach towels that you just throw back into a box in the foyer, they look after your room key at reception. So basically, 2 minute walk across the road to beach without having to take any valuables with you. Really friendly and responsive staff. Next door to ABC shop. Tour and activity desk in foyer. You don't spend much time in your room so don't be worried about 5 star. Take note when booking that a mandatory Amenity Fee is paid when you leave. This was $18 per day which covers Wi-fi, daily paper, safe and tea/coffee.

Room Tip: Front rooms have best view of beach, the higher floor the better. The higher rooms also get you away from street noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank raels-grant
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Nice, Clean rooms in a Great location. I was on top level with the ocean front view. The balcony view is spectacular
only few steps away from the Dukes statue and the hop on and off trolley stop.
ABC store and McDonald's next door is very convenient.
Hotel staff are very friendly and there is a tour booth in the hotel to book tours :)

Would definitely come back again :)

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front Room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jassmine54
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I went to Honolulu with 3 good friends from here in Sydney and Melbourne on a Hawaiian Airlines Friday night flight with he funniest crew ever and met up with another good friend of mine who was arriving from London later that evening. It was nearly 20 years since I had been to Honolulu on a 2 day stopover and everyone I spoke to, had said it had changed a lot and was a very classy and fantastic place for a holiday.

I was celebrating my birthday and decided to stay at this lovely little hotel right over the road from Waikiki Beach which had been recommended to us by another friend who always stays here when she goes to Honolulu.

I had an Ocean Front room 4 levels up because I don't like heights and like to be close enough to see the hussle and bussle of the street below and since I live on a noisy main street here in Sydney, I knew the noise would not bother me in Hawaii. 2 of my friends had a room next to me which was not quite ocean front but still with a great beach view and my other 2 friends had separate rooms on the 10th level with magnificent views over the ocean but way up high from the street level. They both loved their rooms.

We arrived just in time for the Honolulu Festival ,therefore my room was brilliant for a fabulous view of the parade on Kalakaua Avenue and my friends on the 10th level had the best views for the fireworks display on the Saturday night. They were magic,much better than Sydney's NY's Eve fireworks.

The Aston Circle is a gorgeous little place with delightful and very helpful staff, the concierge, Angel ,is exactly that, an extremely helpful, lovely man. There is no restaurant attached to the hotel but you can have breakfast at a café below called 'Eggs and Things'. Mmmmmmm we didn't try it, not to any of our taste buds, but it seemed to be popular. We ate at the utterly fabulous Moana Surfrider and The Royal Hawaiian Hotels.

My room was just heaven for me, very clean and the bathroom has a good hairdryer. I have read some reviews saying that the rooms are small, but we all thought they were perfectly adequate for 2 people, I think some people must travel with all of their belongings and cram their rooms with luggage.

I slept with my balcony door open half way as the weather was divine and I could hear the waves all night long, it was magic. Can't do that in Sydney without the huge cockroaches coming in!! I did have to close the sliding door in the early hours about 6am, because the traffic and general noise did start to build up.

O'ahu is such a beautiful island and next time I will visit the other islands. The people are so helpful and polite, it is a pity we don't get the same level of service here in Sydney where they are much better paid. The pay is not that great in Hawaii and therefore you are expected to tip but it is a pleasure to do so.

There is a side of Honolulu that is not so pleasant when you walk around near the park at Diamond Head in the early hours and see some of the poverty, it is such a shame to see and realise that not everything is as you see on Waikiki Beach.

Having said that, Waikiki Beach is a gorgeous beach to relax and makes for a thoroughly magical holiday. I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: I made sure I got an Ocean Front Room because I wanted to hear and see the waves and if you don't like heights go for the 4th or 5th level but it does get noisy in the early hours. The upper floors are fabulous for the sea views, but too high for me.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 255060Victoria
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure if I've already reviewed our hotel in Waikiki so here we go; it's very central to everything right across from the beach so the location is perfect. It's value for money. It's not 5 star but it was clean. We somehow got an upgrade for free and the room was quite nice and had amazing beach views. Lower levels facing the main road would be noisy. Downstairs is an amazing breakfast place and probably the most popular eatery in Waikiki with line ups all hours of the day. There are hidden fees and charges / tourist taxes etc with this hotel but I think that's the same for all hotels so double check. 1 downside was the lifts - one was broken so we waited quite a while. I'm sure that's fixed now though :)
Good place at a good price..

Stayed: July 2013