“very nice and great views”

Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a very pleasant place to stay.. we stayed as a couple for 10 days and found it to be fantastic. The rooms are reasonably small and the bathrooms are small but all you need really. We had an ocean view room on the 6th floor which was great, but there was a lot of road noise and people late at night yelling. The aircon was good but very loud, so be prepared for that. The decor was nice. Pleasant colours and modern for Hawaii. Friendly staff and nothing was too difficult. It is located at the zoo end but not far to walk at all to anywhere, and you are right opposite the beach too. I recommend this hotel without hesitation!

Room Tip: Get a beachfront view if you can, its worth it!! The other rooms didn't appear to have much sun...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra310
There are newer reviews for Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Yes, it's all about the location. Hotel is weird but not in a bad way. Rooms are small the bathroom even smaller. Bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean. If you have the chance to pay extra to face the ocean, do it. It's worth the money. Really close to bus stops, downtown Honolulu. There's an ABC store and a mc Donald's steps away. Waikiki is not my favorite beach but it's where the bars and stores are. Price is not bad. I say, go for it and you'll not regret it.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank ana_van_pelt
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The good:
- Naomi was consistently lovely to deal with
- The location; directly opposite Waikiki Beach
- Right above Eggs n Things
- The cleaners were always polite, friendly & accommodating.

The bad:
- Naomi was the ONLY one nice to deal with... The other front desk people made you feel as though you were interrupting something far more important
- There is no Foyer
Arriving in from Australia in the morning & not being able to check in until the afternoon, without having anywhere to wait or change or get things out of your bag before u hand it over to be locked away

Overall it wasn't awful but, I would choose to stay next door at The Pacific Beach Hotel. The rates are usually comparable but the Front Desk staff at Pacific are nicer & there's a lot more space.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Emaildianne
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel is at best a very basic accommodation. As other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are extremely small and the shower (no tub) tiny for even a normal sized adult. You will be hearing street noise until later at night, and again in the early morning as the delivery trucks start arriving. Our air conditioner was so loud it almost drowned out (but not quite), the exterior noise. I finally gave up and shut it off so as to get some rest.

On the other hand, the location can't be beat. It is right across from Waikiki beach, and is near to a number of restaurants and stores in easy walking distance. The Honolulu Zoo and Honolulu Aquarium can easily be walked to. There is a McDonalds next door and an ABC store on almost every corner.

So, if you are not as concerned about the room itself, and are looking for a more affordable and clean place to stay in a good location, this hotel will work for you.

Room Tip: Higher floors might reduce street noise, Ocean view rooms are available.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron1000
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I read a lot of great reviews about this hotel so I guess I am left a tad confused. While the price is great for Waikiki (150/night with AAA discount) - the rooms are really really small. I don't know how 4 people could stay here (all rooms have 2 beds) because my husband and I were tripping all over each other. The bathroom is TINY and the shower curtain has no lining so it leaks EVERYWHERE. E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E. The room reminded me of being on a cruise ship - which are known to have small sized rooms.

If you stay here I would recommend getting up early because you will be woken up by every sound in the curved hallway. When we arrived we were under the impression that there would be hotel parking - but it is almost funny how many spaces this hotel actually has. There are about 20 spaces in the entire parking lot. 20. Including employee parking. No wonder the lot was always full! We waited for about 2-3 days before we were able to get a space. We would call prior to parking at the designated alternative hotel (4 blocks away or so - which was about a 10 minute walk) to see if we were able to snag a spot. On our 3rd day or so when we got back the hotel receptionist was rather rude and told us "Well I have been trying to call you all day - we have a spot for you." which she repeated about 3 times. "I have been calling you and calling your room and you don't answer." Who stays in their room all day when they are in Hawaii? And why give me a hard time about it like I was putting you out? Strange. We spent the day at Hanauma Bay - so we left at about 7am and to back at 12pm - which I didn't think was that long to be out of our room anyway.

Also one night we got back and the elevator had trapped someone in there - and they were frantically trying to open the stairs for us since the other elevator wouldn't come down. It seemed to really freak her (the receptionist) out the the elevator did that. When other patrons at the hotel joined us in the lobby area and asked what was going on the worker (a young gentleman who spent a large amount of time smoking outside while on his cell phone) gave them a really rude response without a real explanation. They stuck a huge laundry basket in there to prevent people from going in that elevator.

Overall it as a very mediocre hotel. I honestly don't understand the reviews saying how amazing this place is. My husband thinks that they should just tear the whole place down to start over. If you are really struggling for a room and do not care about any luxuries and want to stay ON Waikiki then go for it. The friends we were traveling with got a room a block away at the Aston Beach Hotel and it was a million times nicer.

Room Tip: Don't bring a car! Bring a shower curtain liner.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank CocoRee
Reviewed 24 July 2014

So if you're a five star hotel person who is very particular, look elsewhere.
For the rest who are traveling as a couple to Waikiki, this place is fantastic! One of the least expensive, if not the least expensive beach front hotels. As others have said, the rooms are very small, like almost inside stateroom cruise ship small. But for a couple they were big enough, and the views? Oh yeah!!! I was offered ocean view for $15 more a night (and yes that was in addition to the ubiquitous resort fee). I took it and an I ever glad I did! Pay the upgrade, the view from the balconies are possibly the best I've ever had. We ended up spending a bunch of time out on the balcony just because it was that good.

The staff at the front desk were super friendly and helpful. Beach towels provided which is nice. Included in resort fee are free DVD rentals and WiFi. Didn't use either (jetpack for WiFi), and never turned on the t.v., due to the view outside, so I can't comment on those.

Waikiki beach is literally across the street so who cares about a pool. Like I say, if you're not pretentious, you will love it!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jm222
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed post cruise at The Waikiki Circle Hotel in February this year in an Oceanfront room on the 14th floor....one word...OMG..BLISS!!!...It isn't a 5 star hotel but with a view like this..who cares?? We had a smooth and speedy check-in,with the reception staff being very friendly and full of the ALOHA spirit.The rooms are newly renovated and bright and cheerful.
the location ( across the road,literally from Waikiki Beach)is fantastic.ABC stores on every corner,to help with all your souvenir purchases and forgotten toiletry items etc.Walking distance to many fine eateries,bars and retail outlets.I would definitely stay there again..as a matter of fact i am booked to stay there again on October 2014.

Room Tip: ask for an Oceanfront room if possible on the upper floors.are more expensive but worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple