“More than what we expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Oasis

Aqua Oasis
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Kahului, Hawaii, USA
“More than what we expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I really wasn't expecting much because of the rate, but when we checked in, the level of customer service we felt was that of a five star resort. The pool and lounge area were very modern feeling. The location is convenient to food, bars and shopping. The room that we had was very large and the tub was perfect for a soak. I will stay there every time that I visit Waikiki.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 808-Snowhite

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Aqua Oasis during May 9th through May 16th this year. This was my first time and had no exceptions. When I arrived the staff at the front desk where very welcoming with that Aloha spirit! My sister and I were checked in right away no hassles and Dexter that works at the front desk was nice enough to upgrade us to a bigger room. The room was spacious as well as the bathroom. The room and the bed were very comfortable. Every morning downstairs there was complementary continental breakfast which was very nice. The hotel was 2 blocks from the beach, very close and nice walk. This hotel is located next to many restaurants and the main strip of Waikiki. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a good hotel for a good price. I will be coming back to Oahu soon and I will stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank smokezz03
Waipahu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Despite the parking situation and fee, our stay was very pleasant. The location was great; couple bars on the same street, main waikiki attractions were minutes away (walking distance). There is a karaoke bar located in the hotel. They have a rather small poll but you do have the option of going to anot her hotel for a bigger pool. However, when in hawaii, why go to the pool. The beach is just minutes away.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank islandgrown96706
Kahului, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at Aqua Oasis for two days after my company training in Honolulu. Check in was a breeze but did not get to see my room until the evening since I am bringing my associate to the airport for her flight back. Room is spacious, clean and quiet, There are two wings in the hotel and all rooms have balcony. This is a block away from the beach so don't expect a beach view balcony. Location is terrific, right next door to DFS. Walking distance to everywhere within the Waikiki area and street is very safe no matter what time you get home. The only hassle is it is valet only parking. Pool is small but you don't come here for the pool since the beach is just a block away. Staff is amazing. I am already in my car after checking out when I realized I forgot my tablet in the bathroom. I quickly ran to the front desk and staff handed me back my room key. Found my tablet. As soon as the elevator opens up, my valet driver was on his way to see me because I left my phone while checking out. That was going over and beyond the his responsibility. I am definitely going to stay again in this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jojo C
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

My family of four stayed in one of the junior suites at the Aqua Oasis for 45 days during our move to Oahu. We had a great experience across the board. The hotel is in an ideal location that is within walking distance of the beach and most major restaurants. All of the rooms had recently been renovated. The upgrades to the lounge area contributed to the relaxed atmosphere.

The entire staff was friendly and helpful...they treated us like family throughout our stay. The valet drivers not only took care of our vehicles, but they also provided a wealth of knowledge of the area. In one instance the battery in our car died and the valet driver used his own vehicle to jump start our car...then he gave us directions to the nearest shop that could service our vehicle.

The maid service was very good and the their staff members were extremely friendly. They knew knew that we had four people staying in the room and provided additional pillows and blankets without us having to ask.

The guys who put out the breakfast every morning were very thoughtful. Breakfast was typically not served until 7am. When they saw that I had to leave by 645am to take my son to school, they started serving the food 15 minutes early so that we could grab a quick bite to eat.

The front desk staff was awesome. Not only did they ensure that we had a pleasant stay every day, but they absolutely looked out for our safety. There was a tsunami watch during our stay. As soon as the watch was issued, the hotel manager worked with the front desk to move my family to a higher floor just in case something did happen. We were not overly concerned about the tsunami watch, but it was nice to know that the hotel staff was looking out for us.

My children had a blast hanging out at the hotel. The front desk staff would always talk to my children and routinely give them high fives. They even let my children feed the fish and turtles on most days. We absolutely recommend this hotel and will stay there again when it comes time to move.

Ask for Dexter, he will take care of you!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeremiah R
Placentia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed here for a week (May 9-16), it was in a great location not far from the beach or restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Dexter was great he helped us out on our last day with a late check out due to our flight time. The rooms were newly renovated just a few weeks before we arrived. They are spacious, clean and pretty. The different colored lights above the doors into the rooms in the hall ways were a very nice touch to the hotel. Made me feel like I was in a Miami resort. They have a nice continental breakfast every morning, the front lobby had these neat oval hanging chairs that were fun to swing around in and they have a beautiful and relaxing koi pond to sit next to if you're a smoker. Over all this hotel was great I would definitely recommend this place to others. I am already planning to stay here again in August.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brittany B
Queen Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Not recommended for honeymooners, resort lovers or luxury hotel fans. But great for those on a budget who want the best room for the price.

If you want to browse some of the best "high end" shopping in Honolulu and eat at some great restaurants this is really an ideal location, We stayed here for part of our trip to Oahu and really enjoyed it. Also, it's a very easy walk to the beach. There are some exceptional places to eat and relax nearby - like the restaurants at the Halekulani.

There are no private beaches on Oahu so all of the resorts have to allow public access. From this hotel to the beach is, in our opinion, one of the best beach areas around for relaxing.

This hotel is small - a "boutique" hotel. But the rooms are very comfortable and quiet. It's an older facility; but it's been well taken care of and kept up. The beds are extremely comfortable, the towels are good quality and you get really nice soaps and lotions.

The pool area is very small and it's outdoors by the front desk. The breakfast is pretty basic (sweet rollls, juice and fresh fruit).

The staff was wonderful! They wanted to make our stay pleasant and comfortable - and it was and we'd stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: They're probably all about the same. It's in a busy business district so there aren't re...