“Aqua Oasis No Ka 'Oi”
Review of Aqua Oasis

Aqua Oasis
Ranked #23 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Aqua Oasis. The front desk hospitality was awesome and very accommodating. Was convenient to have valet parking and Steve right there waiting in front of the hotel for you. There was a big pitcher of refreshing lemon water sitting in the open lobby area ready to quench your thirst in the warm afternoon as you make your way up to the rooms. Rooms were very comfortable, quiet, clean with comfy beds, a huge bathtub and toilet with bidet and seat warmer, ooooh! Loved the kitchenette, sitting area and the big lanai to catch some fresh air and just people watch below you. Most definitely will return to the Oasis and highly recommend it as it is close to the excitement and activities around Waikiki Beachwalk. Mahalo Dexter, your aloha is the greatest to make our stay so enjoyable, and from one kama'aina to another I will only say, "a hui hou!"

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lynn C

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Thanks to Travel Zoo we snagged a great deal at the Honolulu Aqua Oasis Hotel. My hubby and I arrived at the hotel in the late afternoon of May 15, 2014. The first thing we noticed was how friendly the staff was. Check in was a breeze. When we got to our room, there were several yummy surprises waiting on the dresser as well as two cold bottles of water. That's what I call hospitality. Even at the chain hotels we normally stay at, you rarely get water waiting in the fridge for you that is free. The king-size room was an adequate size, was clean, and the bed comfortable. Space in the regular king size bedroom would have been tight if you were staying long-term. The bathroom amenities were very nice and the quality of the towels was nice too. Besides the lack of storage, which wasn't a problem for us staying two nights at a time, the only other thing was there was only one elevator. However, having said that, we never had to wait long. The hotel also offers a continental breakfast. We are big breakfast eaters so we normally went elsewhere. The hotel is very close to restaurants, shopping, the beach, and bus lines. We did not rent a car, but used the bus when we wanted to go further away. Dexter was particularly friendly and helpful throughout our stay. My sister had flight problems and was delayed in arriving a whole day. When I explained the situation to the hotel management, they treated her and her hubby extra special. We departed the hotel on May 17th to go on a cruise of the islands. We returned to the hotel for two additional nights after the cruise. Again, we had yummy surprises and cold water in the room. The only thing that we didn't particularly like was when we left. My hubby wanted to use the luggage cart to bring down our luggage and the bellman would not let him take it. We did use the bellman's service each time we arrived, and the first time we departed. Once we brought the luggage down by ourselves, Dexter and the bellman were nice enough to help us get it to the taxi. All in all a good stay with friendly staff. You can't go wrong for the value at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bettyahe
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I really wasn't expecting much because of the rate, but when we checked in, the level of customer service we felt was that of a five star resort. The pool and lounge area were very modern feeling. The location is convenient to food, bars and shopping. The room that we had was very large and the tub was perfect for a soak. I will stay there every time that I visit Waikiki.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 808-Snowhite
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Aqua Oasis during May 9th through May 16th this year. This was my first time and had no exceptions. When I arrived the staff at the front desk where very welcoming with that Aloha spirit! My sister and I were checked in right away no hassles and Dexter that works at the front desk was nice enough to upgrade us to a bigger room. The room was spacious as well as the bathroom. The room and the bed were very comfortable. Every morning downstairs there was complementary continental breakfast which was very nice. The hotel was 2 blocks from the beach, very close and nice walk. This hotel is located next to many restaurants and the main strip of Waikiki. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a good hotel for a good price. I will be coming back to Oahu soon and I will stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank smokezz03
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Despite the parking situation and fee, our stay was very pleasant. The location was great; couple bars on the same street, main waikiki attractions were minutes away (walking distance). There is a karaoke bar located in the hotel. They have a rather small poll but you do have the option of going to anot her hotel for a bigger pool. However, when in hawaii, why go to the pool. The beach is just minutes away.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank islandgrown96706
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at Aqua Oasis for two days after my company training in Honolulu. Check in was a breeze but did not get to see my room until the evening since I am bringing my associate to the airport for her flight back. Room is spacious, clean and quiet, There are two wings in the hotel and all rooms have balcony. This is a block away from the beach so don't expect a beach view balcony. Location is terrific, right next door to DFS. Walking distance to everywhere within the Waikiki area and street is very safe no matter what time you get home. The only hassle is it is valet only parking. Pool is small but you don't come here for the pool since the beach is just a block away. Staff is amazing. I am already in my car after checking out when I realized I forgot my tablet in the bathroom. I quickly ran to the front desk and staff handed me back my room key. Found my tablet. As soon as the elevator opens up, my valet driver was on his way to see me because I left my phone while checking out. That was going over and beyond the his responsibility. I am definitely going to stay again in this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Jojo C
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My family of four stayed in one of the junior suites at the Aqua Oasis for 45 days during our move to Oahu. We had a great experience across the board. The hotel is in an ideal location that is within walking distance of the beach and most major restaurants. All of the rooms had recently been renovated. The upgrades to the lounge area contributed to the relaxed atmosphere.

The entire staff was friendly and helpful...they treated us like family throughout our stay. The valet drivers not only took care of our vehicles, but they also provided a wealth of knowledge of the area. In one instance the battery in our car died and the valet driver used his own vehicle to jump start our car...then he gave us directions to the nearest shop that could service our vehicle.

The maid service was very good and the their staff members were extremely friendly. They knew knew that we had four people staying in the room and provided additional pillows and blankets without us having to ask.

The guys who put out the breakfast every morning were very thoughtful. Breakfast was typically not served until 7am. When they saw that I had to leave by 645am to take my son to school, they started serving the food 15 minutes early so that we could grab a quick bite to eat.

The front desk staff was awesome. Not only did they ensure that we had a pleasant stay every day, but they absolutely looked out for our safety. There was a tsunami watch during our stay. As soon as the watch was issued, the hotel manager worked with the front desk to move my family to a higher floor just in case something did happen. We were not overly concerned about the tsunami watch, but it was nice to know that the hotel staff was looking out for us.

My children had a blast hanging out at the hotel. The front desk staff would always talk to my children and routinely give them high fives. They even let my children feed the fish and turtles on most days. We absolutely recommend this hotel and will stay there again when it comes time to move.

Ask for Dexter, he will take care of you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family