My family and I have spent the last three days in Unit #105 at Diamond Head Beach Hotel, which is located in a very desirable strip of land between Diamond Head and central Waikiki.
The location could not be any better. The hotel is located directly on the water and within a short walk from Kaimanu Beach - a small but friendly beach thats not as crowded or caged in as the beaches directly on Waikiki. The hotel is across the street from a large park area where people are constantly starting soccer games - my brother-in-law has made a dozen new friends playing soccer in the past 48 hours! The restaurants, clubs and shops of Waikiki are about a 10 minute walk away, which is perfect because it keeps the crowds away but still remains easily accessible. At night, the area is quiet and peaceful - whereas Waikiki is a farm of pounding techno music and laughing club-goers.
The room is okay. It's basically the same as a motel room - there's two side-by-side queen beds in a big room with an attached kitchen and separate bathroom, and it has a medium sized outdoor patio. Nothing special, but the room has good AC and is on the ground-floor, which makes it easy to step outside. I imagine it is the cheapest room in the whole complex as its closest to the street and on the ground floor. Luckily, the area is more quiet than Waikiki so noise isn't a problem.
The biggest issue is the fact that the WiFi has NOT been working, which is a huge deal for someone like me. Fortunately, there is a Starbucks right at the edge of Waikiki nearby so I've been able to use my computer there.
Overall, I would say it is perfect for someone looking to spend most their time outside enjoying Waikiki and the beautiful island of Oahu. The price was excellent ($100/night) - much cheaper than anything half-decent a few blocks away on the Waikiki strip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Diamond Head Beach Hotel is a vacation treasure that lets you discover the beauty of Waikiki as you’ve never seen located on the beach in Hawaii’s Gold Coast which is secluded from the traffic and the bustle of Waikiki. This oceanfront vacation property is just walking distance from the Waikiki strip and the best beaches on the Oahu South shore. For once in your life, enjoy an enchanting Hawaiian Vacation with ocean front accommodations, picture-perfect views of Diamond Head and the Pacific Ocean and unrivaled tranquility. Come see why the Diamond Head Beach Hotel welcomes back returning guests year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Diamond Head Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Head Beach Honolulu
- Hotel Diamond Head Beach
- Diamond Head Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu