Booked apartment #1410 with Captain Cook Resorts for 2 weeks to get over jetlag and before we headed off to the Big Island. We didn’t plan to spend much time here, as we expected to be out most of the day.
• Fairway Villa is very well managed. Security is top notch (the reception staff are always at their desk and looking at the cameras). Staff is friendly and building is clean. Parking for #1410 is spacious.
• Our Guest Services Rep, Bryon was waiting for us when we drove up to the condo. He took us up to our assigned parking spot, showed the apartment to us, noticed there were some start-up amenities missing (washing up liquid, sponge etc) and promptly replaced them.
• Washer and dryer (good for small loads) in Studio were extremely useful.
• The 29th floor deck is great for watching fireworks and life going on below in Waikiki. BBQs are immaculately maintained.
• The two single beds weren’t too soft.
• My biggest gripe was the air conditioning unit. Even after the service staff came to fix/clean out the unit, it continued to rattle, shake, and make loud noises whenever the compressor kicked in. We could not figure which was worse and more detrimental to our sleep quality – sleeping with the air con on or with the windows open and being woken up throughout by traffic/sirens/drunks below.
• Even though the unit has a kitchen, don’t bother cooking here – the exhaust fan doesn’t work. We made breakfast one morning and the smell of bacon and eggs just didn’t leave the room.
• Periodically expect other cooking smells to waft in from other people’s units (even with the doors and windows closed).
Overall, if you are looking for a budget apartment with parking in Waikiki, this might suit you. But as a previous reviewer mentioned, don’t expect to get any sleep until they change the air con unit.
- Also Known As:
- Fairway Villa Hotel Honolulu
- Fairway Hotel Honolulu
- Fairway Villa Honolulu
- Fairway Villa Hawaii/Honolulu