Although I would prefer a vacation rental outside the hustle and bustle of Honolulu, I was on a tight budget during my most recent trip to Oahu. We (my husband, 6 month old baby, and self) chose the Equus as our home base.
Our room (two double beds with a mini fridge on the 8th floor) faced other hotels and the marina. Our total for five nights with taxes plus parking was just over $650, which is a steal in Waikiki. The room wasn't too noisy, it was clean and had decent water pressure. The customer service was excellent. The folks at the front desk and the concierge were very friendly and helpful.
The only things that might be negative (which were not issues for us at all) were that you have to climb a flight of stairs to get to the front desk. I could be mistaken but I did not see an elevator to get to the front desk. So if you have a lot of bags or are unable to walk this could be a problem. The other issue was that there are only about ten parking spaces under the hotel. These are $20 a day. There is parking across the street for the same price. We were able to get a parking space on site for each of the six days that we were there.
The location was very close to the Waikiki Beach the Hilton resort complex with all of its restaurants and shops.
The next time we have to stay in Honolulu for budget reasons we will definitely return to this friendly hotel. It was a very good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Equus is a charming boutique hotel located on Waikiki's "Upper West Side" where you will find an abundance of restaurants, easy access to one of the world's largest shopping malls, a quick stroll to the beach and gorgeous sunset views. The hotel guestrooms are warm and contemporary, keeping true to the hotel's equestrian theme with Ralph Lauren-inspired touches throughout. An intimate lobby and lanai offer a dipping pool, gazebo and a weekly cocktail reception.All guestrooms are appointed with cozy pillow-top beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerator with freezer, Keurig coffee maker with organic coffee, and complimentary full property WiFi. Portable printers can be delivered for those on business. Best of all, the friendly staff offers the kind of personal assistance delivered with Aloha that only a small, family-run hotel can offer. IMPORTANT NOTES: *Stairway Access Only *Valet Parking Only $25/night *Provide Arrival Time - for luggage assistance ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Equus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equus Hotel And Marina Tower
- Equus An Aqua Boutique Hotel
- The Equus Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu