I stayed at the Equus on 4/23/14 and again on 5/4/14, since it was the only Choice hotel in Hawaii and I like racking up the Choice points. I wasn't expecting much, since it had such bad reviews here on TripAdvisor, but I was REALLY surprised at how clean and nice this hotel was. I will admit this is one of the harder hotels that I've ever had to find and I would recommend calling the desk ahead of time for them to tell you they are about 400 feet past McDonalds. And the parking is limited, but there's not much they can do about this either. But the room was spotless, beautifully decorated and had perfect and fast Internet. I found the front desk staff very helpful and wanting to go out of their way to make sure my stay was without a problem. They even sent up a sliced fresh pineapple when I asked for some ice. The hotel doesn't even mention they are only a five minute walk from one of the biggest shopping centers in Hawaii--that has 230 stores. It took me nearly two hours to talk past all the stores on a Sunday afternoon, without even stopping in a store. There are plenty of places to eat around the hotel. If the previous reviews were accurate, then I think it is clear that the hotel has worked hard to improve its problems. I was impressed, and the value here is very good for Honolulu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Equus is a charming boutique hotel located on Waikiki's "Upper West Side" where you will find an abundance of restaurants, easy access to one of the world's largest shopping malls, a quick stroll to the beach and gorgeous sunset views. The hotel guestrooms are warm and contemporary, keeping true to the hotel's equestrian theme with Ralph Lauren-inspired touches throughout. An intimate lobby and lanai offer a dipping pool, gazebo and a weekly cocktail reception.All guestrooms are appointed with cozy pillow-top beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerator with freezer, Keurig coffee maker with organic coffee, and complimentary full property WiFi. Portable printers can be delivered for those on business. Best of all, the friendly staff offers the kind of personal assistance delivered with Aloha that only a small, family-run hotel can offer. IMPORTANT NOTES: *Stairway Access Only *Valet Parking Only $25/night *Provide Arrival Time - for luggage assistance ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Equus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equus Hotel And Marina Tower
- Equus An Aqua Boutique Hotel
- The Equus Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu