I arrived in Hawaii on August 6th at 4:30 AM. I was not able to sleep on the flight, but knew I needed to waste time before check-in at 3:00 pm in the afternoon. I went to breakfast, went to the Swap Meet and by the time I didn't know what else to do I decided to just drive to the hotel and see if I could check in early expecting to hear a " No" I was half prepared to take a nap in the lobby or walk the beach. At 9:30 AM I arrived at The Equus. I was greeted by the Valet (I'll get to their amazing service later). The valet helped me bring my luggage up where I was greeted by a smiling face. His name was Kevin. I asked if there was any possibility of checking in early. He apologized and said that check in was at 3. I explained that I hadn't slept in 24 hours, and if there was anything that could be done to please let me know. He said he'd look up and see what could be available seeing that the cleaning crews probably weren't available to clean a room so quickly. Kevin welcomed me to sit in the lobby, letting me know where a plug was so I could charge my dying phone. As I got comfortable in the lobby chair, and took a few work calls (real estate never stops, vacation or not) I all of a sudden saw Kevin come over and let me know that he found a room for me! I was ecstatic!! It had only been 10 minutes!!!!! I was able to check into my room at 9:45 AM. I felt like the staff truly cared! I had a little trouble getting into my room and a staff member stayed with my stuff while I went down to get a new key. Valet! Just as amazing!! After one day they knew exactly which car was mine and immediately ran off to grab it when I'd come around the corner! Totally worth the 20 bucks (ish) a night!! Always a smiling face, always a friendly attitude. I cannot wait to come back to Hawaii and I cannot wait to book another room at the Equus!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Equus is a charming boutique hotel located on Waikiki's "Upper West Side" where you will find an abundance of restaurants, easy access to one of the world's largest shopping malls, a quick stroll to the beach and gorgeous sunset views. The hotel guestrooms are warm and contemporary, keeping true to the hotel's equestrian theme with Ralph Lauren-inspired touches throughout. An intimate lobby and lanai offer a dipping pool, gazebo and a weekly cocktail reception.All guestrooms are appointed with cozy pillow-top beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerator with freezer, Keurig coffee maker with organic coffee, and complimentary full property WiFi. Portable printers can be delivered for those on business. Best of all, the friendly staff offers the kind of personal assistance delivered with Aloha that only a small, family-run hotel can offer. IMPORTANT NOTES: *Stairway Access Only *Valet Parking Only $25/night *Provide Arrival Time - for luggage assistance ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Equus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equus Hotel And Marina Tower
- Equus An Aqua Boutique Hotel
- The Equus Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu