Stayed 6 nights recently at the Equus and have to say I was very pleased with this hotel. It is away from the "center" of Waikiki but that was fine with us. I had no problem with traffic noise at night which seem to be on every review for any hotel in/close to the center of Waikiki. The front desk staff was awesome...no request wasn't met. We changed rooms without any problem (A/C concern), were provided beach towels, local information, late check out provided...then extended even later when we couldn't make that. Just a great staff! The bed was extremely comfortable. I slept great! the shower/bathroom was a little small, but not cramped. There is an ABC store at the other end of the block, several restuarants close by(even more if you count the ones in the Ala Moana Mall...not the food court but the restuarants on the higher levels Morton's Steakhouse, Tanaka, etc.) Breakfast can be had at the 24 hr diner 5 -7 mins away (walk) just down the street; eggs/bacon/all you can eat pancakes for about $6.
Overall, a great value if booked early...less than $70 a night. You won't like this if you want to be in the middle of everything. If you're looking to save money and plan on spending time in other parts of the island anyway, this is a good option. Our time was spent on beaches away from Waikiki and we had good access to the highway from here. The Bus system is great for getting into the center of Waikiki if you don't want to look/mess with parking and probably cheaper than the parking would be anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Equus is a charming boutique hotel located on Waikiki's "Upper West Side" where you will find an abundance of restaurants, easy access to one of the world's largest shopping malls, a quick stroll to the beach and gorgeous sunset views. The hotel guestrooms are warm and contemporary, keeping true to the hotel's equestrian theme with Ralph Lauren-inspired touches throughout. An intimate lobby and lanai offer a dipping pool, gazebo and a weekly cocktail reception.All guestrooms are appointed with cozy pillow-top beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerator with freezer, Keurig coffee maker with organic coffee, and complimentary full property WiFi. Portable printers can be delivered for those on business. Best of all, the friendly staff offers the kind of personal assistance delivered with Aloha that only a small, family-run hotel can offer. IMPORTANT NOTES: *Stairway Access Only *Valet Parking Only $25/night *Provide Arrival Time - for luggage assistance ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Equus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equus Hotel And Marina Tower
- Equus An Aqua Boutique Hotel
- The Equus Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu