My sister and I just returned from a 10-night stay in the Rainbow Tower at the HHV. Once again, I'm struck by just how much we enjoy this resort. If I have any complaints at all, it is about the sheer numbers of people at the pools (and lack of any monitoring as to whether or not those people are guests) and the exhorbitant fees charged for umbrellas and chairs on the beach. Supposedly because the beach is public, Hilton cannot provide complimentary chairs as this is managed by a concession. That said, despite there being construction at the moment (to construct a new pool at Tapa Tower), the resort itself was very enjoyable and the construction was positioned in such a way that it really did not detract. For those who do not want to venture beyond the resort, the variety of shops is astounding and encompasses the name stores found elsewhere -- ABC, Maui Divers, Martin & (something), etc. We always stay in Rainbow with a diamond head view. It is so relaxing to watch the beach come to life in the morning, see the Friday evening fireworks and to sit on the balcony and listen to the night-time music. Many of the staff are long-time staff who seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs. Personally, I preferred the old-time decor (much more tropical) but am sure that many appreciate the new upgraded rooms that are much sleeker. The HHV is such a respite from the rest of Waiiki, while providing easy access.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu