We have just left, moving on to the Big Island, hopefully it will be as good. You can't really fault this place, starting with the food there are lots of restaurants catering for different tastes from snacks to steaks and lobster. The grounds are lovely and mean that you can walk around without being caged in, not really that far to anywhere.
The parking is expensive, but plan your vacation. There are loads of things to do that you don't need a hire car for, then for those that you do rent one from National who have an office on site so you can keep the cost down.
We had a corner room in rainbow tower on a high floor, so 2 balconies one looking at diamond head and one out towards honolulu harbour. Definitely worth the money.
The staff are friendly without being overly friendly and around you all the time.
I would agree with a number of previous reviews, I have never paid for umbrellas or loungers before and if you want 2loungers and an umbrella that's $59 per day.
We have walked into honolulu, easy in the cool morning then grabbed TheBus back into Waikiki then walked back along the beach. Then hired a car and travelled the island.
Overall we really enjoyed our time here and hope our next hilton on the big island is as good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu