Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
US$437
US$292
US$240
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$273
US$229
US$383
US$304
US$364
US$332
Hotels.com
16,014 results
All reviewsrainbow towerali towersuper pooltropics bartapa poolprivate poolpronto picklehilton hawaiian villageround table pizzaabc storeparadise poolwaikiki beachocean viewfireworks showdiamond headfriday night fireworkslots of shops
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked the Hilton Hawaiian Village online. When I started to read some of the reviews I was a little nervous because people commented on the noise, confusion and quality of the place. Well, let me tell you this resort has it all. Our room was on the 18th floor with a view of Diamond Head to die for! The suite was roomy and bright! The place was always buzzing with people but that adds to the excitement. The pools were great, you can use any one of the complex's pools. Right on the beach! This place is a delight. The only drawback is on checkout. It was a little busy at that time, but leave enough time for yourself. I will return to this tropical resort.

Room Tip: Suite #1821 Corner room, fabulous view of Waikiki beach and Diamond Head
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank edodge
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After staying at the Hilton Waikoloa Village several years ago, I excepted the HHV to be similar in excellence - we were very disappointed. There are several towers to this resort and if you want the best service and best views I would suggest paying extra for the Ali'i tower. This is the only building we saw that had up to date lobby and seemed to have no problems with cleanliness or lines waiting for check-in/elevators.

So starting with check-in....There were two people in my party; we paid extra for adjoining rooms. My friend was coming from a different location so she arrived at the resort early around 8am and was told the room wasn't ready - we did also request early arrival for her (extra $) but sometimes that don't work out so that's ok. My friend went back at 10am & 12pm (check out is at 11am) and was told the room wasn't ready yet. At 2pm she was told that she needed to wait until I arrived because of the adjoining rooms - even though the other room was in her name! At this time she demanded the room and was finally given access.

Next, on to my arrival. The guy who checked me in was not rude, but certainly did not seem happy to be there. I asked for the charge for the adjoining rooms to be put on my bill (it's my friends bday so I was trying to pickup all the extra charges). On check-out this had not happened. If you are Hilton Gold or higher, you can pick between a $10/day dining credit or a 1,000 points. Be warned you must eat at a Hilton restaurant each day to get the credit for that day. Needless to say $10 doesn't buy you much at this hotel. As a gold member you are also supposed to get two bottles of free water (per stay!) - this did not happen. And you are supposed to get upgraded internet. Let me just say that if my internet was upgraded, non-Gold members must have no connection at all because my connection was as slow as dial-up and always had to reconnect. There is a $30 a day resort charge which I found very high for what you receive. The ONLY advantage I saw to this "resort charge" was the DVD's you could check out. When you get your check-in packet you'll see there is a list of things they claim the resort charge covers put much of it is standard and you would expect to receive at ANY hotel, let alone a supposed Hilton resort.

Our rooms were clean and spacious. But we found it odd that there was such a to-do over my friend checking in when the adjoining room door was still locked. I had to call down to guest services and ask for the door to be unlocked. Although the gentleman that came to unlock the door was nice, the guy who took the request was not.

Since we both had long flights in (over 10 hours), we spent the rest of the day at the Hotels spa. I can HIGHLY recommend this part of the hotel. We had massages, relaxed in the hot tub and chilled out in the chaise lounges. Everyone who worked there was happy to be there, seemed happy to be helping us and this was one of the best massages I have ever had.

This hotel does sit right on the beach and has it's own private lagoon. Both areas are very nice and seem to have plenty of space. There are two pools, that we found, and both are very small and crowded. If you want a chaise lounge, I would suggest getting there early.

We decided to do a little outlet shopping on one of our days so we rented a car. When we returned for the evening we gave the car to the valet. Although they charged the car to the wrong room (UGH!) the experience was fine until we called down the next morning to retrieve the car. I was told they don't bring the cars around until you get down to the valet area! They say it's to keep the area clean for cars dropping off but there were always at least 5 - 8 cars parked in the horseshoe driveway at all times. This is bad valet service as far as I am concerned; I don't want to stand around and wait for my car when it could have been there already!

The food at the hotel was just ok. We ate there for lunch and dinner the first day but then decided we would eat out side of the resort for the remaining week - I highly suggest this. Although the food at the resort is average, there is much better food out there and most is a 5-10 min walk down the beach.

My checkout experience was horrific. I received a bill under my door. It only included two nights. Now I did have 3 reservations each paid for differently, certificates, points and then cash but they were made at the same time and connected in the computer - I made reservations via the phone for this purpose alone and double checked on check-in. My bill was for the last two nights, so I called down and asked for the rest of my bill. I was brought the first 2 nights. I had to walk down to the lobby and get the middle two nights where I found the problem with the dining credit, valet and connecting room charge. After all the problems we had I did wait 15 mins to speak with a manager who offered to give me a credit and follow-up on the issues. I took the credit but seeing as he wrote down 4 words through our entire 10 min conversation I am not sure how much good my complaints/suggestions will do.

Would I stay here again, no. Maybe for someone with kids and lower expectations of a Hilton resort, this place might be just right....but for me, it has been knocked off my stay again list.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank angela24c
hhvguestservices, Manager at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Aloha angela24c,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at HHV. We regret to learn about your disappointment and the challenges that you encountered during your stay with us. We extend our sincere apologies for falling short in exceeding your expectations. We appreciate you taking your time to write a review and providing us with feedback as it will assist us in making adjustments to enhance our guest experience. HHV is committed to providing exceptional service and creating an experience that is memorable for our valued guests. We are truly sorry that we did not succeed in this during your stay. We hope you will reconsider and allow us another opportunity to service you in the future for a true HHV experience.

Mahalo,

Hilton Hawaiian Village Guest Services Team

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is my second experience at this place. Great location and beautiful exterior! I like the friendly staff. Restaurants are great! Luau dinner was not great though. The price is OK. Rooms are clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just got back from a week at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Our room was in the Tapa Tower and we were on the 31st floor overlooking the beach and Diamond Head, amazing views (although a little scary on the balcony). Our family of four adults had one room with double beds, room was big enough, beds were a little cozy but we managed. We loved Tapa Tower because it had a nice open air bar where they had live music every night on a stage. You could order Round Table Pizza from the bar which was convenient. Tapa also had their own pool which was right next to the bar area so you could hear the music while you were in the pool. Tapa tower is closest to most of the shops including an ABC store. Resort is big but it doesn't take more than a few minutes to get from one end to the other and the grounds are lovely and lots to see while your walking. We used three out of the five pools. Paradise pool had the most kids in it because of the water slides but is also the prettiest with water falls and two Jacuzzis. The Pronto Pickle at Paradise Pool has a happy hour every afternoon with $5 food items and drinks (probably the most inexpensive meal of our trip). The lagoon is nearby and is fun to try paddle boarding in. The super pool is least crowded in the pool because it is on the cold side but has a children's pool next to it that is a little warmer and big enough for adults too. The lounge chairs fill up because this pool is most centrally located and near the beach. There is a bar with waitress service at both these pools. The Pronto Pickle near the super pool has more of a selection for food and has some hot breakfast items to go. The Friday night fireworks are fun and can be seen anywhere by the beach area or lagoon area. Even though this is a big resort I felt like everything flowed easy and we never had to wait very long for anything. Check in and out was less than five minutes. There are plenty of concierge services to help with anything you need. We loved the location of this hotel. The beach was nice and wide and not crowded and you don't have to worry about walking on coral. We had a huge turtle swimming with us in front of hotel. You can ride the pink Trolley car for $2 a person to get to the other end of Waikiki, very convenient and trolleys come every ten minutes. Food and drinks are expensive but that is Hawaii. The ABC stores are great for food, snacks, drinks and souvenirs, best and cheapest coffee. Loved this resort and would only stay here if we ever went back.

Room Tip: Loved Tapa Tower for convenience to everything and has its own pool and bar with music every night. Closest tower to ABC store. Closest tower to bus and trolley.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lamesan2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We came to Hawaii the first week of June for a weeks’ getaway from our chaotic lives and managed to capture all of the amazing relaxation and fun that we longed to strive for. Our group consisted of 2 married adults, 1 adult sister and 2 kids aged 10 & 14 who are very hard to please, including one who is the most finicky eater you’d ever come across which makes any vacation a bit challenging. With only having planned 1 activity, my goal was to not have a lot of stressful planning ahead of time and kind of play things by ear once we arrived in Hawaii based on how much there was to do at the resort and that was a good call. We had reservations at Hilton Hawaiian Village (HHV) for the first 3 nights and then at Disney Aulani for the last 3 nights. I booked our room on the Hilton website and got a SUPER rate for a 1 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms in the Ali’i Tower however it took a lot to try and get a room with a view because it didn’t actually give a view description anywhere online. I wrote my desired room type (high floor, ocean view) as well as called to make sure the request was in which was confirmed but not promised. I also called like a crazy person the week before arrival to ask if I could be assigned a room (which some hotels do) but was denied. I did all of my homework on the resort as it was my first time at this hotel including downloading the HHV app which honestly didn’t do much for me except get me in a Hawaiian mood which is fine but not all that resourceful…a nice app revamp would be good for actual functionality. We arrived early to the Ali’i Tower around 12:30 and they assigned us room 1408 and it was READY! Sweet! We took all of our belongings, quickly dumped them up in our room and checked out the amazing view that was exactly what I requested and we were even on the Diamond Head side. We decided to eat and do a lap to familiarize ourselves with the hotel so that we knew where everything was as this resort is on the larger side. We realized as we weaved through a multitude of different kids of restaurants and stores that we really weren’t going to need to leave this place for anything except for our 1 planned activity. I will say that I did debate the extra money for the Ali’i Tower, as it was a couple hundred more a night than a 1 bedroom suite in the Rainbow Tower but I did not regret the Ali’i at any point and left very pleased with my decision to spend the extra money. The check-in was 3 minutes as you can check-in directly at the Ali’i Tower, which avoids the sometimes very long lines in the main lobby. We had 2 bathrooms which was super helpful with 5 people showering, pooping and putting sunscreen on mostly at the same time. The best part of the Tower though is the private pool / Jacuzzi area overlooking the ocean on the 2nd floor complete with bar and food…there is an exercise area as well but I am more of a booze and food lover than a workout lover on vacation. The lounge chairs around the pool are some of the best I have used along with the plush, bigger than the norm towels provided by an attentive and friendly staff. We went down the second morning to play the usual hotel chair game expecting to have to save chairs at 7am and literally, we were the 2nd group of people down at the pool so we got the best seats in the place with umbrellas. I don’t think it really filled up until about 10am, which not only allows you the time to enjoy sleeping in & getting breakfast out & about in the resort but also does it without you sweating out the whole chair game. Score!

Day 1:
We ate and had our first delicious tropical cocktails at Tropics down in the Ali’i Tower and it was a great introduction to what we were to experience over the next few days with the ocean view, delicious food and plethora of fancy umbrella drinks. The turkey patty melt was a lunch highlight that I would highly recommend if you like that kind of thing.

After lunch we started the circle tour of HHV and along the beach path, we couldn’t help ourselves but to get treats at Dairy Queen which is right by the lagoon. We made our way through the pools and out into the dry land that consisted of shops, food and treats to the heart’s content. There is a cookie store in the middle with samples and I can pretty much guarantee that after tasting one, you will leave HHV with cookies! In this area there is ice cream, pizza, a deli, sushi, Benihana and a bunch of stores including an ABC store that has everything you forgot to pack such as sunscreen or sunglasses to everything you couldn’t pack like perishable food and glass bottles of alcohol. ABC will probably also have the best prices for T Shirts and souvenirs if you aren’t planning to venture out of HHV. Pool time! We went to the kid pool with the water slides and let the kids swim it out while we drank it out with some fantastic local Hawaiian brews poolside. There are waitresses but there is also a Pronto Pickle and you can walk up and get food / drinks but the hours are a bit limited. For dinner we wandered back over to the deli CJs and looked like zombies eating salads, sandwiches and drinking a ton of water to hydrate. After a full first day of time change, travel, exploring and swimming we hit the hay a little early at 9ish.

Day 2:
We had a pickup for our private circle island tour at 8:30 so we went down to Pronto Pickle at the bottom of our Tower and ate real quick like, packed up some water & the camera and headed out. We used Pronto Pickle quite a few time as evidenced by our itemized bill because it was close, convenient, economical and had decent offerings for a grab ‘n go. We were gone 7 hours on the most fantastic tour with Mark via http://www.hawaiiactivities.com/en/hawaii/oahu/ and I would highly recommend this for a day long activity as well as recommending Mark as he grew up on the island and is quite knowledgeable and also personable. When we got back the kids, of course, wanted to slide and pool it up so we headed to the kid pool and watched the Spurs game on the 2 TVs at the bar while enjoying some happy hour (half price) beers and mojitos. For dinner, we headed back to our Tower and to Tropics but we actually had preferred the lunch menu to the dinner menu. Hawaii is relaxing but also exhausting with all of the drink lifting that you do with your arms all day so we called it a night again around 9.

Day 3:
This was the day we woke up early to finagle chairs unnecessarily as the pool in our Tower was people free early in the morning. We got 5 lounge chairs with 2 umbrellas and we tipped the guy $20 to help move those things because they are freakin’ heavy. Since no one was at the pool seeking chairs we decided to run back over to CJs for breakfast because we really wanted to try their macadamia nut & coconut pancakes and we were not disappointed – utter deliciousness. We spent a large chunk of the day at the heated pool ordering food & drinks from the nice waitresses and that was probably the most relaxing portion of the entire vacation…not a care in the world except for stuffing your face, lounging and enjoying the beautiful ocean view in front of you. At 3:00 we hopped onto the Atlantis submarine that goes out of the dock straight across from our Tower. We didn’t have that great of an experience due to a lack of fish and an uncooperative current but the people before us seemed to have seen dolphins and possibly a whale from our eavesdropping as they departed the vessel. That evening (Friday) the Ali’i Tower treated their guests to free appetizers and a perfect view of the HHV fireworks. I’m not gonna lie…it was a bit of a zoo but we squirmed our way in to get a good firework view with our plates of veggies & cheese. We were tired and since we had this late snack around 8, we just called it a night and didn’t get any dinner.

Day 4:
This was the day we were to move to Disney Aulani and I have to admit, we were sad to leave HHV and particularly our Tower of goodness. We spent the morning getting more cookies and supplies, ate breakfast one more time at Pronto Pickle and then camped out at the kid pool so they could get in their last bits of slide enjoyment before we headed off in a cab to our second destination.

I only have 2 complaints:
1. The slides don’t open until 10am which to a kid may as well be 10pm particularly when you are leaving the resort at noon.
2. Pronto pickle by the kid pool is only open 10:30 – 5:30 and when your children are swimming until 7 or 8, you need things to eat and drink

Our experience was pretty close to perfect and this hotel is a completely 1 stop shop and if you want a resort that is worry free and that you never have to step foot out of, this is your place! I typically stay down at the other end of the strip in a different hotel and I am definitely sold on returning to Hilton Hawaiian Village!
Mahalo

Room Tip: Ali'i Tower 1408 - 1 Bedroom suite with a great view of Diamond Head
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family