Thirteen of us inclusive of two small children travelled to Hawaii for my sisters 50th birthday and chose the Hilton Hawaiian Village due to the good reviews and the kids club and activities available. We arrived to find a hive of activity with so many happy people buzzing around in what seemed like a small town within Honolulu itself. We were efficiently checked in to our room on level 29 in the Tapa Tower which had a great view of the beach, ocean and city. Two members of our party paid extra to stay in the Rainbow Tower which had a larger room and even better ocean views. Our room had a king bed and was spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed and up to date fittings, we found the staff all efficient and friendly throughout our visit. The resort in itself was fantastic for large groups as there were several different towers each with their own pool and shops, a large number of different restaurants that were part of the resort and some independent as well. Basically you could spend your entire holiday in the resort without leaving but of course you must get out and about to visit some of the other must see sights such as Pearl Harbour. It is also an easy 10-15 minute walk to Ala-Moana shopping centre.
The only couple of negatives I can think of was that people reserve the beach chairs near the pools first thing in the morning by placing a towel on the chairs and then go away for breakfast so if you are late you will miss out as you will see all of the empty chairs covered in towels (there are signs saying this isn't allowed but it isn't policed). Secondly, some of our party went to the Luau in the resort and found it to be a very expensive and very average experience basically the food was inedible, i would suggest doing one of the Luau's such as Paradise Cove or Germaine's but check their reviews here first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu