We enjoyed a 3-night stay at this hotel. It was at full-capacity and though definitely had a lot of people, it wasn't as crazy as I was expecting from some of the reviews I read. The pool with the slides was pretty busy, but we were able to get chairs each day, at various hours.
While the kids enjoyed the slides, they thought the water was cold so spent a lot of time in the hot tub or lagoon anyway. There is a great lawn area with lots of shade across from the lagoon that I really liked; great for a picnic and easy spot to watch everyone in the lagoon.
You do have to watch out on prices at some shops. While their on-site grab and go is decent for a kids meal, it is better to just walk a few more steps to the ABC store for anything you need, especially alcoholic drinks.
The rooms were very nice. We got the Tapas building and had a pretty decent view of the lagoon. We had a high floor, which I recommend.
A nice amenity is the DVD/game rental, which is at the Tapas tower. You can rent one free each night, which was great.
One tip - the pool deck gets very wet. Make sure your beach bag is waterproof if you plan to put it down. We had a small inflatable cooler too for drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, TravelUp, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu