This is a very large complex of multiple towers and pools located right on Waikiki beach. It is also highly popular and so was very crowded everywhere! The only time I didn't have to wait in a queue was at the juice place.
Multiple eating/ drinking venues (recommend CJs for breakfast)
Ali'i Tower (where we stayed) had own check in, concierge, private pool, lounge/bar
King Room was huge, even with couch bed out, there was plenty of room
Beachfront with good stretch of beach
Nice walk along beach (10 - 15 minutes) to main strip of Waikiki
Friday night fireworks
Too busy, queues for everything, people everywhere, no matter what time of day or night
Hard to get lounge chair by the pool
Chairs & umbrellas on the beach/by the lagoon cost (in my opinion, a rip off)
Cost of water bikes and peddle boats on lagoon very expensive too and only available by hour minimum
In room 405 of Ali'i Tower, could hear music late into night and delivery trucks from about 7am in the morning
Long waits for dinner (and under estimating the wait)
Would consider staying here again but also would consider somewhere else on the beachfront which doesn't have such a large capacity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu