We stayed here for for 3 nights while on our honeymoon, and we were pretty happy about our stay. We had a bit of a "rough" start at the check-in, but it was all forgotten when we got our room!
Check-in took forever - there wasn't a line, but the lady that helped us was so slow and not very friendly. Instead of explaning to us that she couldn't find the reservation right away she just looked really unhappy and made noises. When I finally asked if there was something wrong, she told us that she didn't find our reservation. Finally she decided to call booking.com and figured out that the reservation was under my husbands middlename. I thought it was kind of strange that she didn't try that in the first place - it's such a big resort with tourists from all over the world with all kinds of names - instead we stood there for 20-30 minutes while she was looking at her computer.
We got a free upgrade - I'm assuming it was because of the check-in-problems, but still that was a really was a nice surprise. We hadbooked an ocean view room at the Alii Tower, and got upgraded to a suite in the Alii Tower, and we absolutly loved it! Two beautiful bathrooms, an amazing view - overlooking the beach and Dimond's Head. All in all it was a wonderful experience - the suite really made our stay here. And that's also why I give it 4 stars. The only negative thing about the suite was that we could hear the guests in the room nextdoor and their very loud TV.
The staff that cleaned the room on that floor did a really good job, and were always smiling and greeting us in the hallway. The resort aera is beautiful with trees, flowers and little pools with fish, turtles and birds. They also have parrots in some of the trees. Fun for both kids and adults. Free bottled water was also a plus for us.
The resort is absolutly huge - and there are so many people around everywhere. We didn't use any of the pools as we're more beach-people, but the pools looked busy from early morning until late at night. There are a lot of resturants on the resort. We tried a few and looked in some of the shops and were content, but when you first go all the way to Hawaii you kind of want to see something else then the resort aera. Parking was very expensive, but the pick-up aera to differnt activites worked really well. And we got a taxi to the airport really fast.
I would come again to stay at the suites, but it's probably better for families with kids than for couples that want to experience a lot. It you just want to stay at the resort and relax it's probably perfect - if you don't mind a lot of people around you all of the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu