We stayed here two nights as part of our 2 week Hawaiian vacation in July (we also visited the Big Island and Kauai). The property is gorgeous, well maintained, and beautiful. We had a room in the Rainbow tower with an AMAZING view of Waikiki Beach, Diamond Head, Hilton pools, and the Friday night Hilton Fireworks. We are so glad we splurged for the Rainbow Tower.
It is located right on Waikiki Beach with a beautiful spot for swimming in the sea. The boardwalk walkway also goes in front of the Hilton and you can take this and walk forever along all the different hotels and restaurants along Waikiki Beach.
What we didn't like about the hotel was that it was SO CROWDED. Just way too many people and way too many kids. Sometimes you had to wait 10 minutes or longer just to get an elevator. The pools were insanely crowded and swarming with kids. There are not enough hot tubs...and when you do find one, there's like 20 kids in a 10 person hot tub. After swimming in the ocean, it's nice to go in the pool or warm up in the hot tub and we were just completely overwhelmed at the pool. We usually had to put our stuff on the ground because there were no chairs to set our things. Everywhere you go you had to wait....because there were just too many people...
I have stayed at many Hilton properties before (I am a Gold Member) and I thought it was odd that there wasn't the usual gourmet room service... Because the hotel was so crowded, we wanted to order room service for breakfast to enjoy in peace and quiet on our balcony. They have this thing called Fresh Connection or Fresh Express (can't remember exact name) that was good...but it's more casual, comes in a grocery bag, and has a simpler menu. I was dreaming of something more like fresh made eggs benedict on a tray on my balcony for my last morning in Hawaii.... like what you usually get at other Hilton properties.
We ate lunch at Tropics 2x and thought the food was GREAT, and the drinks. The service was really slow, however. For dinner, one night we went to the luau (more later) and one night we wanted to eat on property, went to the Bali restaurant at a decent time but couldn't get in because they were all booked up so we ended up eating off property.
The luau was fantastic - the show was great, the food (buffet) was surprisingly good! Pay for the higher ticket - you get a real flower lei :-) and better seating. The thing we didn't like about the luau was that you couldn't charge things (extra drinks, photos) to your room...and, the tables were VERY crowded and they packed so many people in you feel very cramped.
One morning we had a very very early morning tour (we had to leave at 4:30 AM). I was surprised when I called the valet that they could not retrieve our valet-parked rental car for us. We had to go in person to request it. Usually when you stay at a luxury hotel you can call and they have your car waiting for you.
Overall the property is super impressive, beautiful, and well maintained. Our room was great and so was the view. Unfortunately, I probably would not stay here again because it's just too crowded and chaotic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel and Travelbag so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu