This hotel was a village full of family fun laced with ways to allow you to have the most fun and spend the most money without ever leaving the property. There are restaurants, shopping, bars, package stores, conference facilities, pools, activities and diversions amid the multiple hotel rooms, vacation rentals and residences. I was stunned by the sheer size and scope of all of the offerings. There are so many options that it would be better if the staff oriented visitors to the various towers and offerings in a more comprehensive manner on check in.
The spa was quite pricy, but comprehensive and indulgent. There were some areas of the men’s spa that were under repairs, but that was hardly noticeable in the midst of all the things that were present. Business travelers will appreciate the relatively central location of the property and dedicated bushiness and convention areas, but there are children EVERYWHERE and it always feels like a birthday party. One note of caution is that the bars and restaurants close down at 11:30 pm. And, there are limited late night social options. In addition beach services (chairs, umbrellas, etc) are suspended at 5:00 pm. Things typically do not open until after 7-8 for recreation, but there are locations for an “early” breakfast or coffee.
The coy ponds and landscaping were meticulous. The lagoon was a great place for “ocean” swimming for those intimidated by the surf. The only thing missing was an adult only pool. Kids are great, but not having a quiet area somewhere in public was noted and missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu