“Vacationing as a tourist”

Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
Ranked #45 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
“Vacationing as a tourist”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

It was not my first trip to Hawaii, and it won't be my last, but it had been ages since I stayed in Hawaii as a "tourist" so I decided to experience the Hilton Hawaiian village. My purpose for visiting this last time was part business, part pleasure, and to track down some of my Ohana living on Oahu, so I searched online (Expedia, I believe) and found a pretty unbeatable deal. I had just come from visiting cousins on Kauai, and was not really excited about another trip to Honolulu. But after getting a free upgrade on my rental car, things were looking up. When I checked in at the hotel, they also gave me a free upgrade to the recently remodeled Rainbow Tower. Very nice. I was worried it might be too noisy, but once the luau was over, it was perfect. (I even had some old friends visit me at the hotel and she said it was where she wanted to stay but couldn't find the right rate!) the room was comfortable and just what I needed. Once I figured out where everything was, it worked out fine. Having worked for Forbes rated 5 star properties for over 10 years, I can be a little spoiled, but there was something almost comforting about having "aunties" coming by to clean my room and see if I needed anything. The spa was a bit lacking as far as amenities but I still enjoyed myself. I had a total of 3 treatments, and though not exceptional, all were good. The location is great if you were planning on not going anywhere during your stay, but I found myself walking to the other end of Waikiki quite a bit, which wasn't really a problem for me, since I like to exercise, but others might have found it a little challenging. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was accommodating and friendly, and the rate I found was pretty unbeatable, so I found it a great value. For first time visitors to the island, I recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank socalbodywork .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,614)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 1 September 2014

From the moment we arrived to the time we checked out we were treated royally. They allowed us to check in 3 hours early at no additional cost and did not charge us for our rollaway bed. Excellent vacation location.

• Stayed June 2014
Praestoe, Denmark
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Wonderfull hotel with exelent restaurant overlooking the Pacific Centrally placed close to Waikiki beach and Honolulu attractions.
very historic site with reference to people who has stayed the earlier

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cape_Vacation_AC
Jackson, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Outdoor restaurants and room balconies provide great viewing of beach life and gorgeous sunsets! Shopping, dining and relaxing all in one place. Excursion desk provided good service and advice. The grounds are exceptionally nice with lots of photo ops! We would definitely return to this Hilton!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Had a wonderful stay here. Very large complex - the largest hotel in Hawaii and right on Waikiki beach. 7 high rise buildings with several pools, its own lagoon, and of course the beach. Stayed in Rainbow Tower. Lots of activities for families (e.g. fireworks on Friday evening). Busy though. Despite lots of people, the service at the hotel is quite good, from check in, to maid, to valet. Lots of restaurants and shops all nestled within the complex. From outside the complex one would never realize how much is there. Not for those that want lots of space and quiet, but still very nice.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Brawley, California
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Resort is great - everything you need is there you don't have to leave if you don't want to.
Upon checking they told me they were overbooked, offed to put us up at not her hotel and comp us one night - we declined.
We stayed in the Diamond Head Tower which is the oldest tower on the resort. The bathroom had quite a bit of issues that I won't mention, but it needs a deep cleaning badly. We were busy everyday and didn't have time to complain plus we knew they were overbooked and weren't going to be able to Switch our room. On our last day there I contacted a Manager to inform them of the issues and cleanliness of our room. They immediately sent up a Housekeeping Manager. She apologized for all the issues we showed. I explained that I just wanted them to be aware of all the issues so that it would get cleaned before the next guests arrived.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed here whist attending a Disability and Diversity Conference. The accessible room worked really well, as I need a roll in shower. What I really liked was the hoists to get me into the various pools. Staff were good and helped out on a day we had a workshop on site. Wifi available in lobby

Room Tip: Just go up a few levels, say 6 plus