It was not my first trip to Hawaii, and it won't be my last, but it had been ages since I stayed in Hawaii as a "tourist" so I decided to experience the Hilton Hawaiian village. My purpose for visiting this last time was part business, part pleasure, and to track down some of my Ohana living on Oahu, so I searched online (Expedia, I believe) and found a pretty unbeatable deal. I had just come from visiting cousins on Kauai, and was not really excited about another trip to Honolulu. But after getting a free upgrade on my rental car, things were looking up. When I checked in at the hotel, they also gave me a free upgrade to the recently remodeled Rainbow Tower. Very nice. I was worried it might be too noisy, but once the luau was over, it was perfect. (I even had some old friends visit me at the hotel and she said it was where she wanted to stay but couldn't find the right rate!) the room was comfortable and just what I needed. Once I figured out where everything was, it worked out fine. Having worked for Forbes rated 5 star properties for over 10 years, I can be a little spoiled, but there was something almost comforting about having "aunties" coming by to clean my room and see if I needed anything. The spa was a bit lacking as far as amenities but I still enjoyed myself. I had a total of 3 treatments, and though not exceptional, all were good. The location is great if you were planning on not going anywhere during your stay, but I found myself walking to the other end of Waikiki quite a bit, which wasn't really a problem for me, since I like to exercise, but others might have found it a little challenging. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was accommodating and friendly, and the rate I found was pretty unbeatable, so I found it a great value. For first time visitors to the island, I recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Waikiki's widest stretch of beach, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort is nestled on 22 oceanfront acres offering the best value with more amenities than any other hotel in Waikiki. Imagine five spectacular pools and the largest beach front Super Pool, best waterslides in Waikiki, surfing lessons, Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon for kayak and stand-up paddleboard fun. We have the only pier on Waikiki Beach which provides easy access to catamaran rides and Atlantis submarine adventures. The resort is home to Waikiki's only 5 night a week Waikiki Starlight Luau, a full-service, award-winning children's program for kids ages 5-12. Mandara Spa and over 20 restaurants and lounges, 90 shops and services, daily cultural activities, nightly entertainment and lush tropical gardens, and waterfalls. Every Friday night we light the skies with our Friday Night Fireworks Spectacular! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort Hawaii/Honolulu