Airport Honolulu Hotel
US$454
US$332
US$361
1,099 results
All reviewsthe free shuttle serviceshuttle drivernimitz highwaybaggage claimovernight stayone night stayhotel restaurantpearl harborfront desk staffbed was comfortablethe hotel is cleanshort stayrental carthe big islandpetspcsstarbucks
Reviewed 26 February 2014

OK for an overnite stay.... Very close to airport and there is a free shuttle service.Seeing I was paying over US$220 a night for three nights total thought that was way too much as the hotel is looking a bit dated these days and would be pushing to class it as even 4 stars.Lots of US military stay here which gives its an unusual feel but that was no problem for me.
As I was going away for a few days front office wouldnt let me keep a very small bag in luggage storage for two days citing no space and I also couldnt borrow a breakfast bowl from the restuarant as the cashier/manager was too busy to help me as she was counting the nights takings after they had just closed
My point here is even though that sounds a bit trivial I couldnt imagine this happening if I had stayed in a better class hotel even though I was paying a considerable rate to stay at this hotel in the first place!
. Front staff and housekeeing were quite friendly and efficient and so overall it wasnt too bad..maybe even rate it 3 and half stars if I could.
Just way too expensive considering overall quality of the hotel.But then again maybe there
are a shortage.of hotels in Oahu or maybe Honolulu/Waikiki. its just seems an expensive place to stay,regardless of the level of accomodation!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building appeared better than in the annex.Make sure card for the elevator is working.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2014

From the moment I tried to call the shuttle I knew it was going to be a disappointment.our reservation confirmation issued by the hotel called the property " the outrigger Honolulu airport hotel". The registry for the shuttle has no outrigger hotel mentioned , just "the Honolulu airport hotel". I called that number and asked if this was the outrigger Honolulu airport hotel .the operator said no it wasn't and ,get this, hung up.
Asked several folks where the hotel was and I was assured they were one and the same place. Called again and this time the operator acknowledged that they were the same property .when I asked for the shuttle he said "what luggage ladder are you at "? I asked what that meant and he repeated the same question and added "don't know what to say a luggage ladder is a luggage ladder"? I asked him to hold and asked the information people the question and they had no idea what he meant. Oh, and he hung up again .
Finally got the shuttle. It was packed with about 25 people with seats for 20. The driver was very nice .
Reached the hotel and as expected there was a 25 person line up and for the first 20 minutes 1 employee at the front desk. When the second arrived the 1st stopped helping customers for 10 minutes.
The hotel si filthy.hallways beat up .they look like a social housing building I volunteer at . Our room stunk of urine . No exaggeration here. We travel a lot and stay in all types of places in 1st and 3rd world. This was the worst and it cost 210 dollars per night. Sleep in the airport if you have to but stay away from this dump.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Aloha Findlay Q,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Airport Honolulu Hotel we would like to thank you for staying with us.

We would also like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences in service you received while here at the hotel. This level of service is not what we expect from our associates and so we will look into it. Regarding your room, we do apologize the smell you encountered. This is unlike our Housekeeping staff, who get great reviews from our guests. We will investigate your concerns.

I would like to speak to you about this incident, so please feel free to contact me at (808) 837-5931.

Thank you again for your stay and review.

Mahalo,
Brent Kitsu
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel is one of the two choices if you need to stay right at Honolulu airport. The price/performance is steep, especially when comparing it with hotels in much nicer locations in the islands. We stayed here twice, once upon arriving and having to sleep before our flight to Maui and once before leaving the islands, having to catch a very early flight back to LAX. The rooms are very basic, free wifi though, but the place is quite tired already. Pluses are the friendly staff, free shuttle to the terminals and also breakfast was nice.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike_the_Voyager
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Aloha Mike_the_Voyager,

Thank you for your most recent stay at Airport Honolulu Hotel and for writing a review.

Regarding the pricing of our hotel, we do offer competitive rates compared to the hotels in Waikiki. Considering the additional charges for a taxi to and from the airport ($70) and that most hotels in Waikiki charge a resort fee of at least $25 a night, our rates are reasonable.

We offer great rates for those needing a quick stay before an early flight, as well as amenities that help assist our guests who are looking for a close hotel to the airport, such as a complimentary 24 hour shuttle and free wi-fi.

We thank you for your feedback and thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Mahalo,
Brent Kitsu
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We enjoyed our brief stay at the Airport Honolulu Hotel. We were just staying overnight and catching a very early flight out the next morning, so this hotel was perfect for us. We had excellent service checking in, and assistance in storing our bags (many and huge!) downstairs, and taking other bags to the room. It was very clean, large and comfortable. We are at the hotel restaurant, Willoughby's Restaurant, and thoroughly enjoyed our food and attentive service. Upon leaving, even though it was 3:30 AM, we had friendly assistance with our bags again to the shuttle. All staff we met obviously took pride in their service and genuinely showed concern for their visitors' comfort.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Dolly G
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. I especially liked our housekeeper, Delia. She was very friendly. Not only did she do a great job cleaning our room but she also took time to talk with me. Tell me about a few restaurants close by. Some things to explore. I do wish the hotel would invest in some fitted sheets. But other than that everything was nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business