Airport Honolulu Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$641
US$621
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$273
US$229
1,087 results
All reviewsthe free shuttle serviceshuttle drivernimitz highwaybaggage claimovernight stayone night stayhotel restaurantpearl harborfront desk staffbed was comfortablethe hotel is cleanshort stayrental carthe big islandpetspcsstarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I choose this hotel because it was the closest to the airport (approx. a half mile) and i had a very early flight the next morning. For the price, I guess it is a good value. There were reasons for the value though. The towels were worn and frayed at the edges. i have not seen this at any other hotel no matter how good the value. The television had a limited amount of cable channels but of course it had a pay for movie channel. I figured I would just watch netflix on my laptop. That was not possible for any length of time since there were no power outlets along the entire wall behind the bed. Hmmm... hint: buy the movie channel? I think so. I had to use the power outlets in the bathroom to charge my cell phone and laptop. There was complementary wifi in the room...but you had to pay to use the hotel pc and printer if you wanted to print out your boarding pass. All in all....next time I will pay a little more and go to a Marriot. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank dogzzarecool
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Aloha dogzzarecool,

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Airport Honolulu Hotel.

After reading your review, we are sincerely apologize we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay. We will look at the towels we have in circulation as we do review our supplies before we place them in the rooms. Regarding the television, we offer 32 channels, of which 14 of them are cable channels including, TBS, TNT, USA, A&E, CNN, and ESPN.

We will take a look at our rooms regarding the location of our outlets to ensure our guests are able to plug into areas near the bed.

Thank you again for your stay and your review. We are in the process of upgrading our property and so please do consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Like many on here, we booked this hotel to facilitate catching a flight after our Oahu vacation. In our case, we were catching a flight at 11:55 pm, but as we were traveling with a toddler, we thought it was worth the $100 (discount site) to get in a nap/shower/meal before heading to the airport. I even dropped off the car early to the rental place and walked back (approx.1-1.5 km away) since there would be a shuttle bus to the airport - this all went very promptly and smoothly and the driver was helpful with our luggage, etc. There is a good sushi place that I found in a strip mall on my walk back from returning the car, along with a Starbucks and a few other restaurants open around 7pm on a Sunday.

The room was decent, BUT - as soon as we dimmed the lights so our daughter could sleep, out came the roaches. I realize it's the tropics, but we were pretty disturbed to see them. I would say I saw about a dozen crawling near the microwave/coffee pot and the bedside table. Some were tiny, and some were about 1.5 cm. I don't want to come off as overly alarmist or critical, but I do want to report what I observed in case this helps anyone. I don't think the family would have been comfortable spending the night, though for the 8 hours we were ok.

Room Tip: our room was 204
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank East V
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Aloha East V,

On behalf of the staff and management of the Airport Honolulu Hotel, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while here.

After reading your review, we will look into this situation and will have our Housekeeping Department take corrective action. It is surprising you mentioned this since we do treat our rooms on a regular basis and we also check our rooms daily.

If you have the opportunity to discuss this, please contact me at (808) 837-5931 so we can discuss in detail your concerns.

Thank you for staying with us and we truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The website images conceal an average property (although they are working on it) - We thought the Outrigger brand would underpin value for money. Restaurant closes 3 or 4 nights and they offer a shuttle to a nearby competitor hotel. Unattractive area to venture out - convenient but!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rena3207

Aloha Rena3207,

Thank you for staying at Airport Honolulu Hotel on your most recent visit to Hawaii.

We apologize our room did not meet your expectations, however as you mentioned we areworking on improving our property. I'm sure while you were here, you saw our maintenance staff working diligently to improve our lobby and hallways. We are also discussing other plans to improve. Outrigger does a great job in ensuring value for our guests and that is why we are doing everything we can to improve our property.

Regarding our restaurant, the Best Western The Plaza Hotel is our sister property not our competitor. So we apologize for the inconvenience regarding this situation. Being in an industrial area, options are limited, but we are always looking to add value for our guests.

Thank you again for your stay and your review. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We booked this hotel because it was so close to the airport. We tried to take the shuttle bus but ended up waiting forever so we took a cab. The check in was easy. The room had two double beds, the room was small, hotel was quiet, there was air conditioner and we did not have any problems. The room could use updating. It was fine for the 10 or so hours we needed to use it.

Room Tip: We called ahead for a late check in, I don't think there is any "special" room. Pretty pricey for the room but very convenient The shuttle leaves every 30 mins from the hotel for the airport.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank irishsiren74
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Aloha irishsiren74,

Thank you for your most recent stay at Airport Honolulu Hotel and for taking the time for writing a review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize however regarding the delay in our shuttle service. We will investigate to determine what happened.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We needed somewhere to stay to catch an early morning flight the next day. The room itself was fine, not that dated like some of the reviews have said. Whilst it did face onto the freeway I didn't find it as bad as some other airport hotels (and we stayed in three on this trip!).

The main downside was that we had to get a shuttle bus to the sister hotel for dinner, as the restaurant in our hotel was closed. That's not really what you want when you just want to eat and have an early night....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Aloha London_Andy,

Thank you for staying at Airport Honolulu Hotel and for writing a review of your stay.

We are glad we were able to accommodate you while you were here and we were able to exceed your expectations on the condition of our rooms. We do apologize about having to be shuttled to our sister property to eat dinner.

We are hopeful on your next visit, we will be able to welcome you back.