“PCS'ing to an Aloha and Ohana stay!”

Airport Honolulu Hotel
Ranked #59 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
“PCS'ing to an Aloha and Ohana stay!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Thank you from the Sumner family, where our stay here was two months and with a pet! Les, the Military Liaison was very thorough before we even arrived so we knew what to expect with no stress and the front desk takes care of your TLA paperwork and keeps you well informed of any changes or weather concerns. Enjoyed the Cafe, Sharon greeting us to Donna, Emil, Stella and Robin for knowing our usual order patterns by heart and the food was always to our liking. Our room attendant Annabella was wonderful, just loved her! Our room was always clean, fresh smelling and no bugs what so ever! We utilized the pool and found it to always be clean with fresh towels on hand. The entire staff was never without a smile! Yes, two months is a long time to stay in a hotel and all I can say is, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, short or long stay. We were treated with respect, love and a family feel and I know when I'm in this area, I would not hesitate to stop by and say Aloha!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Trisha S
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Aloha Trisha S,

On behalf of the staff and management, we would like to thank the Sumner family for staying with us during your PCS stay! We are appreciative of the great review and score you posted.

Les is a great asset to the hotel and works to ensure the armed forces personnel are taken cared of. We will be sure to recognize Sharon, Donna, Emil, Stella, Robin, Annabella for a job well done! They do ensure guests like yourself feel at home.

You summed it up well, "we were treated with respect, love, and a family feel..." This is what we strive for and so we are always happy to hear when our guests let us know.

I know you stayed two months in the hotel, but you and your family are always welcomed to return!

Thank you and look forward to welcoming you again!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had an early morning flight to the mainland. Flew in from Kona. The airport pick up was convenient. Room basically has what you need. I asked aobut an upgrade but they told me it was all they had. Their restaurant was closed but they gave me a list of options. I found a great sushi place a block away. The neighborhood behind the airport is a little off putting but there are nice options. No view of the airport. The pool was crowded with military families but I liked it. It had a deep end that was 8 feet, not many hotel pools have that these days. Internet worked fine. Morning pick up to airport worked well. Cost was about $200 whichj is alot for what I got.

Room Tip: My room looked on a building across the street. I think you cna request a pool view room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jonathon G
Aloha docjon236,

Thank you for selecting Airport Honolulu Hotel on your most recent visit to Hawaii. We are appreciative of your stay and for writing a review.

As you mentioned, we have a great location near the airport and we do have a complimentary shuttle that will bring you to the hotel and take you back to the airport. As you noticed, we are doing many upgrades to the property and hope you will return in the future.

Thank you again for staying with us!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Military and others beware do not choose this hotel unless you want to shake all your belongings before you check out. I am so disappointed with this hotel. Roaches are everywhere. I have been in this hotel for 2 weeks and have been moved from one room because of roaches to another room with roaches. The excuse I get well this is a tropical environment and that's normal. No it's not normal for roaches to be everywhere throughout the hotel. The only reason I stay is because there are no more available hotels on island that are taking the military rate at the moment. I have been taking videos and pictures of roaches to show management that its a problem. I would post the pictures but I think this response should help this hotel get their act rightSo disappointed!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank R C
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Aloha R C,

On behalf of the staff and management of Airport Honolulu Hotel, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing while here.

We have discussed this concern with our pest control company and are looking more into this. Although we are in a tropical environment, this is not the norm of this hotel. We have a program in place to address these concerns and it is not something we encounter that often. We will continue to work on this, however we do have many military families who stay with us and have not encountered this concern.

As stated above, we are working on this concern to understand why this occured and ensure our rooms are pest free.

Assistant General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Honolulu hotels

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

If you are lucky enough to be staying at this affordable hotel, don't bother going out to eat. Don't let the hotel location fool you. There is no better value in the area. Amazing food, prices and service. The get five stars for three different dinners and two breakfasts. Highly recommend. Hotel is modest, clean and friendly. Staff are great!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Kahupoo
sydney
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

IF you need an airport hotel in Honolulu then this is a good enough option.It's location surrounded by flyovers wouldn't suit me for a holiday stay, but the proximity to the airport; the free airport shuttle; the adequate rooms; the Ok dining room & the friendly staff make this a reasonable place to stay IF an airport hotel is what you need.

2 Thank savecoogeebeach
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at the Airport Honolulu Hotel from June 26 to August 11. It was my husband, myself, our 3 year old, and our 1 year old in room 431. Our 1 king size bed bedroom was small for our family of 4 but, really, that was just something we had to get over because in the end our stay was only temporary. Let me say, though, that I have never experienced housekeeping anywhere like I have here and I've spent a good amount of time in hotels. Our housekeeping gal, Neida, was/is FANTASTIC. She was interactive and patient with my 3 year old daughter who always wanted to help her clean and straighten up. Neida was friendly, lively, and always smiling! I remember my first interaction with Neida and trying to keep my daughter out of the way. Neida said, "It's okay. Your daughter can help. I have grandchildren and she reminds me of them." I'd take Neida home with us if we could afford to afford her wonderful work, attitude, and help.

2 Thank Katherineegparks
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Aloha Katherineegparks,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at Airport Honolulu Hotel! We are appreciative of your review and patronage.

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Nieda and the great service she provided you and your family. She is a great asset to our team, along with the other Housekeepers. We will definitely recognize Nieda for a job well done!

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Though you have moved on, please come back and stay with us.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hi I stayed in room 28, the Andrews, and the rooms were clean, staff was friendly and food was awesome! Our room attendant Josie was the best! I was actually excited to see her every morning ! She took great care of us! In the cafe Tim was just over and beyond! Thr nicest man I ever met, and always made us feel welcomed and made us laugh ....we hate to leave, but we have found our home, and if everyone here on the island are as nice as these two....im glad to be apart of this island family! :-)

• Stayed July 2014
Brent K, Manager at Airport Honolulu Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Aloha theandrewsjuly,

On behalf of the staff and management of Airport Honolulu Hotel, we are appreciative of your decision to stay with us. We would also like to thank you for the complimentary review.

Thank you for sharing with us the service Josie provided to you and your family. She is just one of the many great Housekeepers we have here on property who do a wonderful job. Tim is another great friendly associate who ensures our guests in the restaurant have a great time. Like Josie, he is part of a great WIlloughby's Restaurant staff. We will ensure to recognize both!

Though we are sad to see you leave, we are grateful for your patronage. We hope you will come back to visit us!

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honolulu
Pagoda Hotel
Ambassador Hotel Waikiki
#74 of 84 in Honolulu
Queen Kapiolani Hotel
#60 of 84 in Honolulu

Been to Airport Honolulu Hotel? Share your experiences!