Ramada Plaza Waikiki
US$285
US$252
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$273
US$229
1,512 results
All reviewsa wyndham rewards memberacross the streetthe hilton hawaiian villageala moana blvdwithin walking distancelaundry roomparking feepriced hotelred lobsterminute walkpearl harbourcoffee makerbeds were comfortableper nightconvenient locationan older hotelfree internet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2012

It was our third visit to Waikiki but our first stay at the Ramada Plaza. It definitely was an outstanding hotel for a three star. The rooms were very clean, comfortable , and well fitted out. Every morning we would walk to the beach and into town in the evening for dinner. It was also close to the shopping centre, Aloa Moana. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We definitely would stay at the Ramada again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kazz29
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Aloha sandgroper19,

We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay here at Ramada Plaza Waikiki. It is our mission to provide only the best service to our valued guests and make sure we exceed their expectations. We are very happy that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyble.
Mahalo for choosing our hotel and we are looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was really impressed at the speed of check-in and check-out. The staff were super helpful and friendly. The room was very comfortable, clean and very quiet. It was an excellent price for the location. The laundry room was well set up and the washers and dryers worked well. I love the fact that all the rooms were non smoking. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've been in any hotel. The staff were very helpful about giving directions and suggesting places to eat etc. It was a very satisfying experience. We inadvertently locked ourselves out and they were super nice about making us a new door key. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Aloha Linda H:
Thank you so much for your review, we pleased you were satisfied with your stay at Ramada Plaza Waikiki. I'm glad our staff was very friendly and helped you with directions and assisting with your key loss. We pride ourselves on "off beach" price and free amenities. Our beds are among the most comfortable in Waikiki and thank you for letting us know they are still the 'BEST"!

We are looking forward to having you come and stay with us again!

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Yes, that would be me. I like to travel first class. I like resorts with lots of amenities. I expect great service (I work in the hospitality industry). This visit to Hawaii was a little different. We had just booked and paid for a cruise to Vancouver from San Diego and an additional 4 nights in Vancouver. That was going to be our Summer vacation. Then....it happened. Our favorite airline emailed us about a killer deal on airfare to Oahu and we could not resist. We booked it right away and 2 weeks after we returned from Canada, we were on a flight to Hawaii without a lot of extra vacation money. This leads us to Champagne tastes and a beer budget.

I cringed as I read the reviews of hotels in our budget range in Waikiki. People claiming mold, mildew, awful service, theft etc. Then I found the Ramada Plaza Waikiki and nervously booked and paid for 6 nights. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a bellman that helped us unload our bags and get them to our room! (hello, five star service!). Parking was a bit tight, but it worked. I was a bit bothered that they raised the parking rate on June 1st and we checked in on the 3rd and there was no mention of the increase on the website.

The room was clean and looked out to the Hilton Hawaiian Village (HHV). The walls were solid (even with the adjoining room, ugh) and we never heard any outside noise even though the hotel was full. The staff was friendly and the cleaning staff was always on their game. As a former housekeeping manager, I know where to look for "missed" cleaning spots and they passed my entire room check. They were very generous with towels to take to the beach. They gave us a crib to use for free. I was beyond pleased with the service we received while staying there. It is a great location near Ala Moana and HHV.

When we wanted the resort atmosphere we headed over to the HHV and enjoyed a cocktail or meal. The Ramada does have a pool, but we are a DoD family, so we used to pool at Hale Koa for free, so I cannot comment on that.

Seriously, if you have champagne tastes and a beer budget for your trip to Waikiki, I would suggest this hotel. The only (sort of) bummer was that the traffic light almost directly in front of the hotel does not allow pedestrians to cross so it is a little bit of a walk to get across the street to the HHV or the harbor.

Thank you Ramada staff for making our budget vacation feel a lot more luxurious!

Room Tip: The rooms with a microwave and fridge are worth the extra upgrade. We saved a lot of money grocery shopping and using the in room amenities to prepare our meals.
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank MunFam
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Aloha MunFam: What a great review! I'm glad you took the challenge and decided to stay with us. We received a "Best fo the Best" award in April for being in the top 3% of all Ramada's in the US.

Our staff ties hard to make sure our standards are met and they are rewarded for doing their job. I'm sorry the parking rate was inconvenient- I would be happy to offer you a parking pass should you return. The parking lots around us are all at $25 - Hilton is at $35 so we're affordable but I understand your comment.

I'm glad you upgraded to the room with a microwave - becasue of your comment - we are going to try and put microwaves in all our rooms by January of next year. That should help our guests have a more comfortable and affordable stay.

Mahalo for your kind comments!

Let us know if you come back!

pfurtado@ramadaplazawaikiki.com

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Had 3 rooms for a week and all rooms were next to one another as we had requested before arriving. The furnishings were as pictured on the web site with large flat screens TVs and very comfortable beds. All our rooms were clean and fresh, honestly, I felt like I was at a Marriott Courtyard. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The laundry room on the second floor was very clean and brightly lit. The parking fee was much less than other Honolulu hotels I looked at. The lot is a little small, but they always had a parking space saved for me. I had a Ford Edge SUV and had no problem parking it. Walking to the beach is no problem for a normal healthy person, however, it was about as far as my 74 year old mother-in-law with a bad knee could walk.
On the evening of day 3 one of the two elevators went out of order. The elevator repair truck was in the parking lot the next morning, later that day the doorman told me a circuit board went out and a new one was having to be made in Texas. The out of order elevator actually worked but someone had to stay with it and push one of the floor buttons to get it to go. During a busy period I noticed one of the staff acted as an old fashion elevator operator taking people to their respective floors. We were on the 16th floor and even with only one elevator working we never waited more than 10 minutes for an elevator. Usually the wait was only a few minutes, actually I was impressed how fast that one elevator was.
We had such a fantastic stay at the Ramada Plaza and Waikiki Beach, I highly recommend it. BTW, my wife was apprehensive about staying at a Ramada and she too was very pleased with this hotel.

Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Aloha Tom T:

Thank you for staying with us and for recognizing that we tried to make your stay in our hotel a pleasant stay one!

You are correct - that evelator is a challenge but we are trying to hurry up the company in Texas to speed up the process. It happens when you live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean - makes us realize how far away we are. Our staff have stepped up and are even enjoying the extra duty of taking guests to their floors.

We are very proud of just having received our 2nd Excellence Award from Trip Advisor for 2012! Our type of Ramada is a "Plaza" and Ramada's that are able to acquire that distiction are a better brand than a "standard" Ramada. Your wife would feel comfortable at any Ramada "Plaza" hotel - we fall under the Wyndham brand so standards are a big part of our policies.

With understanding and appreciation from guests like yourselves - we are proud of our property and glad you were happy with your stay.

Mahalo nui!

Reviewed 23 June 2012

The rooms are in very good condition and houskeeping does a great job - very clean! The hotel team is doing a wonderful job in making you feel welcome and at home. Always there to assist you and they give great tips for travel. I warmly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2011
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Aloha Eve1007:

Thank you for taking the time to comment via Trip Advisor. We are very grateful for your comments and glad the staff could meet your needs.

Although we are a small hotel our staff does their best to make everyone feel at home. I'm glad we could contribute to your stay in Hawaii. We are thankfull you think we are a hidden "gem"!