“Awesome property!”

Ranked #45 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Awesome property!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Our stay at the Ramada Plaza Waikiki was great. The staff are helpful and friendly from Management to Housekeeping, rooms are very clean, location close to Ala Moana shopping was very convenient. Very good value for the money - and included all the amenities we needed. Quiet rooms, everything worked, AC was wonderful. The staff make you feel very welcome - it feels like a home away from home! We will most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Rickiki, Manager at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Aloha!

It was great that you thought of us as your "home away from home"! We strive to provide each guest with a welcome feeling, as well as a safe, clean, and aesthetically pleasing environment. Plus, our location can't be beat! We are so close to the beach (without the beach prices) and dining, shopping, entertainment, and anything else you might be looking for. Thanks for staying with us and we definitely look forward to hosting your time here again.

Mahalo!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I recently stayed at Ramada Plaza Waikiki for 6 nights. The room was clean and large enough for two adults and a baby. It is not a luxury hotel, but you get everything you need in the room, and excellent value for money.
The swimming pool is located next to the laundry, and most of the time we could use the pool just for ourselves which was nice.
The traffic noise was pretty bad as we stayed on a lower floor, and I couldn't get much sleep. If you can avoid lower floors, your stay will be more pleasant (defenitely worth paying extra!). Also there was only one lift working, and we had to wait for a long time which was inconvenient.

Aloha!

Thank you so much for your kind review of our property. We are delighted that you found us to be a good value and that we provided everything you needed. As with any hotel in Waikiki, there is traffic just outside, and you are right, the higher up you go, the quieter it is. So that was a great tip to share with our viewers! Also, our location is great in that you can go to the beach, go shopping and then eat out all within walking distance.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit! Mahalo!
Hoolehua, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stay at the Ramada Plaza Waikiki (formerly known as the Waikiki Holiday Inn) whenever I am on O'ahu. They are my first choice and I highly recommend them to any and all travelers. I have to say, I have yet to stay at a hotel where I feel more welcome, more at ease, or more at home than when I stay at the Ramada Plaza Waikiki. The front desk staff, bell hops, parking attendants, and housekeeping are ALL extremely hospitable and have excellent customer service. The rooms are very clean, no bad smells, and cool AC. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are nice. There is a nice sized mini fridge in each room, as well as an iron/ironing board, and blow dryer. Internet access is available and there are movies and video games on demand. The location is great for getting in and out to the rest of the island with ease. It's conveniently off the main strip so driving is easier. One of the things I really like is that the parking is actually an open, but secure, parking lot, and not one of those big, scary parking garages. I am always completely satisfied with my stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Aloha Mary D:

WOW!! Thank you so much for this great review. The review does an excellent job of describing our staff, location, parking and our rooms. We are very fortuante to have such exceptional staff taht enjoy taking care of our guests. We know have a 24 hour parking attendent that will help making parking even easier and safer

Again Mahalo for taking the time to write about our hotel and would love you to be our Friend on Facebook too! A repeat customer like you is considered part of our 'Ohana and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Just let us know when you will be returning.

Director of Sales
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

oh- maybe 2 elevators that worked lol

Just spent 8 nights there and enjoyed our stay- rooms clean, staff friendly, fridge worked, bed comfy...

(elevator was out of service entire stay- so took a long time to get up and down from floor 11- and taking the stairs made you dizzy hehe)

Room Tip: 11th floor was nice...no view except neighboring hotels but no problems
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carleen_mc
, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Aloha Carleen_mc,

Mahalo for taking time to post such a nice review and apologies for the inconvenience. The elevator software upgrade is in route to the hotel. In the meantime, a hotel employee manually operates the elevator in order to make the situation as convinient as possible.

I hope we will exceed your expectations when you return to beautiful Honolulu.

Sandgroper
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

It was our third visit to Waikiki but our first stay at the Ramada Plaza. It definitely was an outstanding hotel for a three star. The rooms were very clean, comfortable , and well fitted out. Every morning we would walk to the beach and into town in the evening for dinner. It was also close to the shopping centre, Aloa Moana. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We definitely would stay at the Ramada again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kazz29
Aloha sandgroper19,

We are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay here at Ramada Plaza Waikiki. It is our mission to provide only the best service to our valued guests and make sure we exceed their expectations. We are very happy that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyble.
Mahalo for choosing our hotel and we are looking forward to serving you again.

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was really impressed at the speed of check-in and check-out. The staff were super helpful and friendly. The room was very comfortable, clean and very quiet. It was an excellent price for the location. The laundry room was well set up and the washers and dryers worked well. I love the fact that all the rooms were non smoking. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've been in any hotel. The staff were very helpful about giving directions and suggesting places to eat etc. It was a very satisfying experience. We inadvertently locked ourselves out and they were super nice about making us a new door key. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Aloha Linda H:
Thank you so much for your review, we pleased you were satisfied with your stay at Ramada Plaza Waikiki. I'm glad our staff was very friendly and helped you with directions and assisting with your key loss. We pride ourselves on "off beach" price and free amenities. Our beds are among the most comfortable in Waikiki and thank you for letting us know they are still the 'BEST"!

We are looking forward to having you come and stay with us again!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Yes, that would be me. I like to travel first class. I like resorts with lots of amenities. I expect great service (I work in the hospitality industry). This visit to Hawaii was a little different. We had just booked and paid for a cruise to Vancouver from San Diego and an additional 4 nights in Vancouver. That was going to be our Summer vacation. Then....it happened. Our favorite airline emailed us about a killer deal on airfare to Oahu and we could not resist. We booked it right away and 2 weeks after we returned from Canada, we were on a flight to Hawaii without a lot of extra vacation money. This leads us to Champagne tastes and a beer budget.

I cringed as I read the reviews of hotels in our budget range in Waikiki. People claiming mold, mildew, awful service, theft etc. Then I found the Ramada Plaza Waikiki and nervously booked and paid for 6 nights. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a bellman that helped us unload our bags and get them to our room! (hello, five star service!). Parking was a bit tight, but it worked. I was a bit bothered that they raised the parking rate on June 1st and we checked in on the 3rd and there was no mention of the increase on the website.

The room was clean and looked out to the Hilton Hawaiian Village (HHV). The walls were solid (even with the adjoining room, ugh) and we never heard any outside noise even though the hotel was full. The staff was friendly and the cleaning staff was always on their game. As a former housekeeping manager, I know where to look for "missed" cleaning spots and they passed my entire room check. They were very generous with towels to take to the beach. They gave us a crib to use for free. I was beyond pleased with the service we received while staying there. It is a great location near Ala Moana and HHV.

When we wanted the resort atmosphere we headed over to the HHV and enjoyed a cocktail or meal. The Ramada does have a pool, but we are a DoD family, so we used to pool at Hale Koa for free, so I cannot comment on that.

Seriously, if you have champagne tastes and a beer budget for your trip to Waikiki, I would suggest this hotel. The only (sort of) bummer was that the traffic light almost directly in front of the hotel does not allow pedestrians to cross so it is a little bit of a walk to get across the street to the HHV or the harbor.

Thank you Ramada staff for making our budget vacation feel a lot more luxurious!

Room Tip: The rooms with a microwave and fridge are worth the extra upgrade. We saved a lot of money grocery s...
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank MunFam
, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Aloha MunFam: What a great review! I'm glad you took the challenge and decided to stay with us. We received a "Best fo the Best" award in April for being in the top 3% of all Ramada's in the US.

Our staff ties hard to make sure our standards are met and they are rewarded for doing their job. I'm sorry the parking rate was inconvenient- I would be happy to offer you a parking pass should you return. The parking lots around us are all at $25 - Hilton is at $35 so we're affordable but I understand your comment.

I'm glad you upgraded to the room with a microwave - becasue of your comment - we are going to try and put microwaves in all our rooms by January of next year. That should help our guests have a more comfortable and affordable stay.

Mahalo for your kind comments!

Let us know if you come back!

pfurtado@ramadaplazawaikiki.com