“Yes, stay at the Ramada Plaza Waikki”

Ramada Plaza Waikiki
Ranked #44 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Crowley, Louisiana
“Yes, stay at the Ramada Plaza Waikki”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This was my husand, Martin and I first trip to Hawaii and our stay at the Ramada Plaza Waikki was a great one. The staff was helpful and courteous. The very first day the concierge, Pamela, gave us some awesome suggestions on how to get around the island and the best sights to see. She found us an awesome luau for the second night there, then she found us a trip to the Big Island, where we toured Hilo. The room was clean and quiet. The location was close to the Pink Line, so we travel around the island with no problems. I would return to this hotel if I took another trip to Oahu and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 1114 is quiet and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Pattie F, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Aloha Margaret Barbara Morgan from Crowley Louisiana:

Thanks for recommending us and Pam at the concierge is awesome! I'm glad you stayed with us on your first trip to Hawaii. And that your stay was a GREAT ONE!

We really appreciate your recommendation and will pass along your excellent comments to Pam and the rest of our staff!

Mahalo and Ya'll come back!!
Pattie Furtado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Pinner
Reviewed 2 September 2012

After reading some of the 2- and 3-blob reviews we were a little dubious about staying here. (I always read the bad reviews first!)

However, it's clean, the staff are friendly and everything worked as it should. It's very close to the GOOD end of Waikiki beach. It does appear to be one of the oldest in the area however, and the 'complete renovation in 2009' did not include new windows. We were at the back of the hotel so it wasn't a problem - and I'm a light sleeper.

I fail to see how anyone can say it's 'difficult to find' - it's right on Ala Moana Boulevard and even has a sign that's visible from the street!

The Chinese/American buffet breakfast was good, but got boring after 3 days - I hope that the hotel manage to persuade them to vary the selection. (I read Pattie Furtado's comment). Don't lose the scrambled eggs though; when fresh from the kitchen they were the best ever!

Bottom line: I would stay here again. If you want a clean room, comfortable bed and a hot shower for a good price, this is the place. It's a 10 minute walk to the shore, so don't stay here if you want to be in a giant anonymous resort right on the beach or if you MUST have an ocean view!

Aloha Roy H Piner
I'm happy you read through the reviews. Yes we are located at the Good End of Waikiki near Ala Moana Center and restaurants and shopping! I'm glad you like the eggs in the restaurant. The restaurant is right now in the middle of renovations so we are going to let the breakfast go for a while - just too many negative comments,.

Thanks for staying with us and I hope you come back the future!

Mahalo,
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2012

While visiting Waikiki, Hawaii in August 0f 2012 my wife and I stayed at the Ramada Plaza Waikiki. I found the hotel to be of excellent quality. The facilities were great and the staff were very professional, courteous and helpful. I would recommend Ramada Plaza Waikiki to all my family and friends who were going to visit Waikiki, Hawaii.

Aloha Robert H from Vancouver:
I'm sure glad you stayed with us and we are so pleased you were happy with our hotel.
We appreciate your comments about both the facilities and our staff!

We won Best of Ramada in 2012 out of the top 3% of Ramada's in America and appreicate our certificate of excellence from Trip Advisor.

Come back anytimg we'd love to have you as a frequent guest!

Anthem, Arizona
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I was very unimpressed with this hotel. It was hard to find; out of the way; and the staff was very discourteous. We chose this hotel because their website says they have a breakfast buffet with guest rooms. But they don't. Also; parking is supposed to be half off with a Ramada card; but they only took $5 off per night. The hallways were dark. The elevator didn't work. The gift shops were always closed. And the parking was very narrow.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Aloha Mary C from Anthem Arizona

I'm sorry you were unimpressed but I have to tell you I love your malls in Anthem! Wish we had them here. I don't know why you weren't given the breakfast buffet - it's served in the restaurant in front of the hotel. Parking is supposed but be $10 as a Wyndham resward member you did receive a $5 discount. Parking is now priced at $20.00. Our stalls aren't huge but we have a parking attendance now full time to make sure that our guests have a space and it's secured.

I believe we failed to meet your standards and I apologize for that.

One elevator was out of service but it has since been fixed.

Please reconisder and come and give us another chance.

Hopefully,
Hilo
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have stayed at other hotels in Waikiki and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and safe I felt (I was traveling solo). I only stayed two nights but I would stay there agin for a longer visit and will recommend it to friends and family. The staff is wonderful and although I arrived too early for check-in (12 noon), I was allowed to leave my bags with the bellman and went out for lunch and a walk around the area before returning to check-in.

Room Tip: I was on the 15th floor nest to the elevators and although I am a light sleeper, there was very litt...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank chall64
Aloha Challo form Hilo:
We are very happy you stayed with us and had such great comments about our staff. We are lucky our hotel is set back from Ala Moana Boulevard so I'm not surprised there was no noise to keep you from sleeping.

Mahlao again for those nice comments!

Since you're from Hilo - come back and let us know when you do..

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Very reasonnable price for the location. The hotel has all the services needed: small pool, microwave and fridge, coffee pot, GOOD internet access, loundry, many restaurants nearby, in a walking distance from a big shopping mall (Ala Moana Center) and close to the Hilton beach, which is very nice and open to all public. Waikiki area is also close, 10-15 minutes walking. Would go back anytime!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kendirgi
Pattie F, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Aloha Kendirgi from Quesbec City, Canada:
We really appreicate your comments about our hotel. Central location, off beach prices and good amenities. I'm glad the internet access was good for you. We are going to have to step it up to obtain wireless access for all those wireless users but it's good to know you were satisfied.

Mahalo for the comments and yes, we are a "very good value"!

London
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This hotel is in a great location, but is not as cheap as its battered appearance would suggest and only has views of concrete, not unlike other hotels in the US.

On the plus side, the check in process was wonderfully fast and the front desk staff were always very good. The room was a reasonable size and the bed comfortable.

On the downside, breakfast was a $7 Chinese buffet round the corner from the hotel. Unwavering in content, it was only truly hot when it was served at 6:30am. All you can eat tho. Also there was no in-room wifi and the communal wifi was patchy at best.

A reasonable place to get a budget bed, but best suited to its dominant clientele - airline crews.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Jondon_town
Aloha Jondon_town from London: Ouch! We take your comments very seriously and although we didn't meet your needs I hope you will give us another chance. The hotel underwent a complete renovation in 2009 but I'm so sorry you found us battered. We are working on improving the outsourced restaurant. Even though the breakfast is included in the room price it really needs to be better! The owner has been given direction to renovate and improve the food and we trust that it will be done.

Thanks for staying with us and I wish we had made your stay more pleasant. .