My wife and I stayed here 8/9 to 8/17 because of all the freebies that were listed on Priceline's site. We found out when we got there, the parking was not free, but Priceline picked up that tab. This was our 3rd stay in Honolulu and the first at Ramada. We liked the location because it is less than a mile to most of Waikiki and Ala Moana Mall in the other direction. The staff was friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was average but we ate there 7 out of the 8 mornings we were there. It gave us an opportunity to sample foods we had never tried. You always had the standard American food to eat. There are many restaurants that offer breakfast specials, like Snappers just around the corner and Seaside if you like to walk.
If you like saving money on your meals, buy an Entertainment Book for Hawaii before you go. It is good for all the islands. You can also save on attractions and adventures. We were able to print their on-line coupons in the hotel lobby. We just leave the book in our room when we go back home. I'm sure the staff can use it.
The only complaint which 99.9% of guest would not agree with, was the elevator. My wife and I like the stairs for the exercise even tho we were on the 12th floor. The only way to get to the 2nd floor was the elevator. All first floor doors have alarms except the lobby. We took the elevator to the 2nd floor and walked the rest of the way. A minor inconvenience unless you are afraid of elevators. A maintenance man told me it was to cut down on thefts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and E Komo Mai! Located at the beginning of Waikiki, we are an off beach property offering affordable accommodations with NO resort fees! We are within walking distance to the beach, Ala Moana Shopping Center and the Hawaii Convention Center! All guest rooms come with free WI-FI, charging station for electronic devices, microwave, mini-fridge,in-room safe, HDTV including free HBO, coffee maker, hair dryer, bathroom amenities, iron/ironing board. Also free use of the Fitness Center and Business station. Start your morning with fresh coffee, tea, and iced water in the hotel lobby. Parking is normally $25.00 per night but become a Wyndham Rewards member, and parking is reduced to $20.00 per night plus earn points towards a free stay at any Wyndham property. Public transportation (The Bus) is available in front of the hotel. Explore and experience the island culture - visit our concierge/activities desk in the lobby for all your tours and adventures and build great memories of your Hawaiian vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Waikiki
- Holiday Inn Honolulu
- Honolulu Holiday Inn
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu