“Save money on your trip”

Ramada Plaza Waikiki
Ranked #45 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
OHIO
“Save money on your trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here 8/9 to 8/17 because of all the freebies that were listed on Priceline's site. We found out when we got there, the parking was not free, but Priceline picked up that tab. This was our 3rd stay in Honolulu and the first at Ramada. We liked the location because it is less than a mile to most of Waikiki and Ala Moana Mall in the other direction. The staff was friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was average but we ate there 7 out of the 8 mornings we were there. It gave us an opportunity to sample foods we had never tried. You always had the standard American food to eat. There are many restaurants that offer breakfast specials, like Snappers just around the corner and Seaside if you like to walk.

If you like saving money on your meals, buy an Entertainment Book for Hawaii before you go. It is good for all the islands. You can also save on attractions and adventures. We were able to print their on-line coupons in the hotel lobby. We just leave the book in our room when we go back home. I'm sure the staff can use it.

The only complaint which 99.9% of guest would not agree with, was the elevator. My wife and I like the stairs for the exercise even tho we were on the 12th floor. The only way to get to the 2nd floor was the elevator. All first floor doors have alarms except the lobby. We took the elevator to the 2nd floor and walked the rest of the way. A minor inconvenience unless you are afraid of elevators. A maintenance man told me it was to cut down on thefts.

2 Thank grissom77
Pattie F, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Aloha Grissom 77:

Thank you for staying with us and letting us know about that parking issue. Acutally Wyndham is paying for all the "free" parking that Pricleine is giving away on their website. I'm so glad it was waived - it would not be a great way to start your vacation. We price ourselves on off Beach prices and we succeded in meeting your perception. I am sorry about the elevator being locked on the first floor. It's a security issue. We have not had any thefts and pride ourselves on our safety record. It would be like leaving your back door at home wide open when you are not there.

Come back and visit sometime!!

Pattie Furtado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Snohomish, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I finally found a reasonable hotel in waikiki! They had parking, breakfast, and the coziest beds i have ever slept in! The staff was so kind professional and helpful! I so enjoyed and trusted my maid, wish i could put her in my pocket!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Aloha Snohomish, Washington,

Mahalo for taking the time to send along those awesome comments and thanks for letting us keep our maid, she is vital to our operation!

Come stay with us again!

Crowley, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

This was my husand, Martin and I first trip to Hawaii and our stay at the Ramada Plaza Waikki was a great one. The staff was helpful and courteous. The very first day the concierge, Pamela, gave us some awesome suggestions on how to get around the island and the best sights to see. She found us an awesome luau for the second night there, then she found us a trip to the Big Island, where we toured Hilo. The room was clean and quiet. The location was close to the Pink Line, so we travel around the island with no problems. I would return to this hotel if I took another trip to Oahu and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 1114 is quiet and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Pattie F, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Aloha Margaret Barbara Morgan from Crowley Louisiana:

Thanks for recommending us and Pam at the concierge is awesome! I'm glad you stayed with us on your first trip to Hawaii. And that your stay was a GREAT ONE!

We really appreciate your recommendation and will pass along your excellent comments to Pam and the rest of our staff!

Mahalo and Ya'll come back!!
Pinner
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

After reading some of the 2- and 3-blob reviews we were a little dubious about staying here. (I always read the bad reviews first!)

However, it's clean, the staff are friendly and everything worked as it should. It's very close to the GOOD end of Waikiki beach. It does appear to be one of the oldest in the area however, and the 'complete renovation in 2009' did not include new windows. We were at the back of the hotel so it wasn't a problem - and I'm a light sleeper.

I fail to see how anyone can say it's 'difficult to find' - it's right on Ala Moana Boulevard and even has a sign that's visible from the street!

The Chinese/American buffet breakfast was good, but got boring after 3 days - I hope that the hotel manage to persuade them to vary the selection. (I read Pattie Furtado's comment). Don't lose the scrambled eggs though; when fresh from the kitchen they were the best ever!

Bottom line: I would stay here again. If you want a clean room, comfortable bed and a hot shower for a good price, this is the place. It's a 10 minute walk to the shore, so don't stay here if you want to be in a giant anonymous resort right on the beach or if you MUST have an ocean view!

Aloha Roy H Piner
I'm happy you read through the reviews. Yes we are located at the Good End of Waikiki near Ala Moana Center and restaurants and shopping! I'm glad you like the eggs in the restaurant. The restaurant is right now in the middle of renovations so we are going to let the breakfast go for a while - just too many negative comments,.

Thanks for staying with us and I hope you come back the future!

Mahalo,
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

While visiting Waikiki, Hawaii in August 0f 2012 my wife and I stayed at the Ramada Plaza Waikiki. I found the hotel to be of excellent quality. The facilities were great and the staff were very professional, courteous and helpful. I would recommend Ramada Plaza Waikiki to all my family and friends who were going to visit Waikiki, Hawaii.

Aloha Robert H from Vancouver:
I'm sure glad you stayed with us and we are so pleased you were happy with our hotel.
We appreciate your comments about both the facilities and our staff!

We won Best of Ramada in 2012 out of the top 3% of Ramada's in America and appreicate our certificate of excellence from Trip Advisor.

Come back anytimg we'd love to have you as a frequent guest!

Anthem, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I was very unimpressed with this hotel. It was hard to find; out of the way; and the staff was very discourteous. We chose this hotel because their website says they have a breakfast buffet with guest rooms. But they don't. Also; parking is supposed to be half off with a Ramada card; but they only took $5 off per night. The hallways were dark. The elevator didn't work. The gift shops were always closed. And the parking was very narrow.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Aloha Mary C from Anthem Arizona

I'm sorry you were unimpressed but I have to tell you I love your malls in Anthem! Wish we had them here. I don't know why you weren't given the breakfast buffet - it's served in the restaurant in front of the hotel. Parking is supposed but be $10 as a Wyndham resward member you did receive a $5 discount. Parking is now priced at $20.00. Our stalls aren't huge but we have a parking attendance now full time to make sure that our guests have a space and it's secured.

I believe we failed to meet your standards and I apologize for that.

One elevator was out of service but it has since been fixed.

Please reconisder and come and give us another chance.

Hopefully,
Hilo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have stayed at other hotels in Waikiki and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and safe I felt (I was traveling solo). I only stayed two nights but I would stay there agin for a longer visit and will recommend it to friends and family. The staff is wonderful and although I arrived too early for check-in (12 noon), I was allowed to leave my bags with the bellman and went out for lunch and a walk around the area before returning to check-in.

Room Tip: I was on the 15th floor nest to the elevators and although I am a light sleeper, there was very litt...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank chall64
Aloha Challo form Hilo:
We are very happy you stayed with us and had such great comments about our staff. We are lucky our hotel is set back from Ala Moana Boulevard so I'm not surprised there was no noise to keep you from sleeping.

Mahlao again for those nice comments!

Since you're from Hilo - come back and let us know when you do..