Our recent stay here was as a 4 day stop over between Australia and the US mainland. We were looking to stay somewhere reasonably priced yet close to transport, facilities and Waikiki beach. The Ramada offers all of this.
The hotel is situated a short walk from the amazing Ala Moana shopping centre. For $2 the trolley can bring you back if you're ladened down with shopping bags! Although we didn't use it, the bus stop is right outside the door. An ABC store is located 2 blocks down and stocks nearly everything you could need.
Our double room included tea, coffee maker, fridge and flat screen tv. The beds were comfortable. The room staff were very friendly and did a great job. After our first night we upgraded to a balcony room which the front desk were able to facilitate easily for a small charge.
Unfortunately, the noise from the air conditioning was as bad as that from traffic. If you decide to book or upgrade to a balcony, DONT get one facing the Boulevard. Turn the aircon off and open the door for the breeze. You may have a better nights sleep!
Lastly, the internet. My understanding was that free fast speed wifi would be available in all rooms. Not so! It is only available in the lobby and you can go wireless or use one of the hotels PCs. It is definitely not high speed though.
Overall, Ramada Plaza was pleasant and value for money. With so many places to stay in Waikiki, this would be a good choice for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and E Komo Mai! Located at the beginning of Waikiki, we are an off beach property offering affordable accommodations with NO resort fees! We are within walking distance to the beach, Ala Moana Shopping Center and the Hawaii Convention Center! All guest rooms come with free WI-FI, charging station for electronic devices, microwave, mini-fridge,in-room safe, HDTV including free HBO, coffee maker, hair dryer, bathroom amenities, iron/ironing board. Also free use of the Fitness Center and Business station. Start your morning with fresh coffee, tea, and iced water in the hotel lobby. Parking is normally $25.00 per night but become a Wyndham Rewards member, and parking is reduced to $20.00 per night plus earn points towards a free stay at any Wyndham property. Public transportation (The Bus) is available in front of the hotel. Explore and experience the island culture - visit our concierge/activities desk in the lobby for all your tours and adventures and build great memories of your Hawaiian vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Plaza Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Waikiki
- Holiday Inn Honolulu
- Honolulu Holiday Inn
- Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu