Ramada Plaza Waikiki
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Equus Hotel(Honolulu)
Prince Waikiki(Honolulu)
1,511 results
All reviewsa wyndham rewards memberacross the streetthe hilton hawaiian villageala moana blvdwithin walking distancelaundry roomparking feepriced hotelred lobsterminute walkpearl harbourcoffee makerbeds were comfortableper nightconvenient locationan older hotelfree internet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Ramada just shy of 2 weeks. We had emailed months in advance explaining that we were arriving from Australia at 7am and asked if a room would be ready for then. They replied saying to just leave it with them. We assumed this would mean yes. We arrive and they told us check in would be at 3pm. At this stage we had been awake for close to 16 hours. They did nothing to help us and said "go for a walk". Yes just what you want to do when you are exhausted. But this hotel is right in the heart of Honolulu and just down the road from the main high-end shopping streets and mall making it an ideal location. The rooms were dated but clean and the house keeping staff were so sweet and lovely. The front desk staff never greeted us on one single day. When I asked for computer passwords they replied "are you even staying here?" No one ever helped us with our bags when we were struggling. On a happier note, the woman booking tours was amazingly helpful in choosing the right tour for us. I would stay there again for the location, but know not to expect too much from the front desk staff.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Kellythomson
Pattie F, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Aloha KellyThomson,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. My apologizes for not responding to your review sooner.

I would like to thank you for staying at with us and I am glad to hear about your pleasant experiences with our housekeeping and the concierge staff. I am sorry to hear about the poor experiences with other members of our staff.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us for your vacation.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here twice this month--the end of Jan for two days and again for three days before leaving Hawaii. Both times I had extended my stay through a third party website and the front desk personnel each ensured that I did not have to check out of one room and into another as I found out that booking extensions through a third party website is treated as a separate reservation meaning that there could be a chance of moving a room. Luckily for me, I had one room for each of my stay with no changing.

The cleaning staff work very hard and the rooms were spotless. My first room had two Queens and though spacious, it did not have a proper work desk, but instead a table. My second visit had me in a King room and this one had a proper work desk and computer chair.

Each room had a microwave and a fridge which I found very useful. The pool downstairs got the sunlight most of the day so it was also nice not having to trek to the beach. I also used the laundry room on the last night I was there and the machines all worked well and they were reasonably priced.

Waikiki is small so this hotel is literally walking distance to everything. Just because it is in the Marina area does not mean that it is far from all the action if one wants that. I stayed in five different hotels in Waikiki on this trip and by far I preferred this one the most!

Room Tip: I liked facing the street
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank TorontoRobDT

Aloha TorontoRobDT,

Thank you for your detailed review and pictures of our hotel! My sincere apologizes for not responding sooner!

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, the housekeeping staff does work very hard to keep the rooms very clean!

I would like to thank you for staying with us here at the Ramada Plaza Waikiki Hotel, we hope you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The Ramada Plaza remains a good choice in the rapidly shrinking inventory of budget hotels. Of course, with so many budget hotels going upscale, Ramada has raised its rates significantly in recent years and may soon be unaffordable too, particularly for longer stays. Housekeeping remains the strong point here as there isn't a speck of dirt in the rooms and everything is done promptly and professionally. The hotel claims to be environmentally conscious with the usual cards about towel and linen reuse but that really doesn't ring true. There are only paper or Styrofoam cups wrapped in plastic bags for coffee and bathroom use. And the lobby, for some unknown reason, is excessively air conditioned to meat locker temperatures. Most hotels in Waikiki, including luxury properties, have open air lobbies. The Ramada, owing to the building's ancestry as Holiday Inn, chooses to refrigerate the lobby, especially by the elevators. By keeping the front doors open and replacing the window near the elevator with louvers the delightful island breezes would waft through and countless kilowatt hours would be saved. All in all, however, this is a good hotel where I'll probably be staying again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are quieter as they face the rear.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 1NicePerson

Aloha 1NicePerson,

Thank you for staying with us at the Ramada Plaza Waikiki. I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay!

I am sorry I did not respond sooner! I want to also thank you for your suggestions about how to be more environmental friendly as it is something we are trying to improve on! Your comments are being taken into consideration as we brainstorm effective ways to be more Eco-friendlily.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

My family stayed at the Ramada for five days and four nights. The front desk and all hotel staff were friendly, professional, and very helpful. For the two weeks we visited Hawaii, I must say that this hotel was the one thing my family of four happily agreed upon. One of my sister loved the coffee lobby service where she got to taste and sample different local coffees. My other sister loved the shampoo/personal hygiene products provided. I could say that the pool was cold and it needs a heater as the only complaint. While my 5 year old nephew exclaimed, "pool is cool, let's go!!! Overall, the Ramada offered a great location, everything was within walking distance. The room was big enough for the family. The beds were clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Would I stay here again? A big definitely yes!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 16th floor next to elevator. We did not hear a thing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria P

Aloha Maria P,

A huge mahalo for such a great review! I am so happy to hear your entire family found something special that they enjoyed while staying with us!

It is always very nice to hear when they whole family has different happy experiences to remember our hotel by!

Come stay with us anytime!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed at the Ramada Plaza Waikiki Feb 6 - 9 of 2014. I want to thank the staff for taking such good care of my family during our stay. A special Wahalo to Rowena (housekeeping) and Mary (parking attendant) for going above and beyond making us feel so welcome. The location of the hotel is great. Everything is within walking distance. We enjoyed the coffee served in the lobby everyday until 1130. We enjoyed the pool which was refreshing (not heated). There are a few cons. Parking is $25 unless you are a member of the Wyndham Rewards program $20.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Zena53520

Aloha Zena53520,

Mahalo for staying with us at the Ramada Plaza Waikiki!

4 star review! That is great to hear!

It is always nice to hear that the staff is going above and beyond for our guests!

We hope to see you again!