I was able to get a KOA suite from an owner friend of mine and it worked well for my dtr and I. It had two beds in the bedroom and 2 bathrooms which was perfect. It was on the 18th floor which is not bad however I would have liked a higher floor and made that known. Unfortunately one did not come up till the end of our stay. This was the 3rd stay for me at the Imperial and I choose it because of the location and proximity to shops and all transportation options for tours etc.
The size of the suite was great and our only issue was the AC. We were saved by having somewhat decent AC in the bedroom so we could sleep and we were given extra fans, but the living room was not working at all which resulted in a warm room with all drapes kept closed. A KOA suite is a corner unit and the natural light is great in that unit. We had a couple overcast days which helped in keeping the unit somewhat bearable if we were there through the day at all. We had relatives staying in the Outrigger across the street so it was a handy place to be for us to get together and on a couple warmer afternoons we hit their place after a few hours on the beach..
This was my Dtr's first stay in Waikiki and she had no complaints. The ABC is a perfect place for great snacks and Starbucks is close by and of course the shops.
The Imperial is showing its age and up for some renovations which include AC so I was happy to hear that. The owner's lounge is awesome and we did spend some time up at the rooftop pool however most of our time was at the beach. We took shuttles to the Outlets and we walked to the mall.
The Manager was apologetic for the ongoing AC issue and even sent up cookies and juice when it was known that there was not much that could be done about this particular unit. Other than that issue the place is great, the staff are great and helpful whenever possible. I know I will be back again to enjoy a great week in Waikiki. Mahalo to the great staff! Miss you all and hope to be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha! Mahalo for considering The Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki. We are conveniently located in the epicenter of Waikiki and are steps away from the famous Waikiki Beach. We are surrounded by shops and restaurants for you to browse and enjoy. We know you will enjoy your visit, and are looking forward to seeing you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your The Imperial Hawaii Resort at Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort At Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- The Imperial Hawaii Hotel
- Hawaii Imperial
- Imperial Hawaii Honolulu
- Imperial Waikiki
- Imperial Hotel Waikiki
- Imperial Of Waikiki
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort At Waikiki Honolulu