Having seen rave reviews and compliments to this hotel, I was expecting quite an impressive boutique hotel. I was checked into room 1105 and was immediately disappointed with the size of the tiny room. Not much space to hold our luggage or walk around. We also had an outdated bathroom. It was as if they remodeled everything else and forgot the bathroom. The vanity and the tubs looked like they were from two decades ago with rust stains. I am beginning to think that the inconsistent reviews stem from all rooms not being renovated to the same level of completion.
On the positive side, it was a great location. The staff were very courteous, helpful and professional. I was happy to have free drinks, including lemon infused water and iced tea in the lobby that varied from day to day. Coffee and tea in the lobby required $1 vending machine payment and lobby internet station also required payment (but was free at Aqua Waikiki Pearl when I stayed at its sister hotel 6 months ago). Laundry on the other hand is very affordable at this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki is an intimate, Southeast Asian-inspired, boutique hotel located 1 1/2 blocks to the beach. If you're looking for a true oasis in the heart of Waikiki with a lush outer sanctuary including an outdoor pool with waterfall, jet spa, barbeque grill and cabana, look no further. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Bamboo allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towel and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, studios and suites include a 32-inch LCD TV, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, stove-top and energy saving sensors for our guest rooms. Located poolside at the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, The Lovin' Oven specializes in unique hand-tossed Artisan pizzas using fresh, local ingredients. Open daily from noon till 9 PM. Closed on Tue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aqua Bamboo Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel
- Aqua Bamboo Honolulu
- Aqua Bamboo And Spa
- Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu