“Good Value in Waikiki, Friendly and Helpful Staff”

Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 25 August 2013

It is always difficult to find a good value and with the Aqua Bamboo I was pleasantly surprised. The room with kitchen was roomie (bathroom was small but bigger than most in same price range and area). My daughter and I enjoyed our stay and we were close to the activities and beach at Waikiki. This is our favorite part of town and it is nice to find a hotel that we can go back to. Kitchen was adequate enough to cook breakfast.

Room Tip: Higher floors would offer better view of beach and city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
aquabamboo1, Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Aloha Arredden,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room and convenient kitchen. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel to many activities & Waikiki Beach.
On behalf of all of us at Aqua Hotels & Resorts, we appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you again in the future! Thank you very much for all your positive comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We were sent there as an upgrade since our first hotel was overbooked (see review on Aqua Waikiki pearl). The place looks great, the staff is very kind and helpful. The location is near everything in Waikiki and 2 blocks from the Waikiki beach. I have only two negative things to say. First their kitchen suites are outdated and too small. If it is important for you to have a kitchen look away if you are more that 2. Secondly, the room service could be better. We left an hair dryer on the wet towels with a note glued on the dryer saying "does not work. broken." When we came back the hair dryer we were surprised to see that the hair dryer was replaced in the bathroom cabinet with the note still on ..... The room was not fully cleaned under the beds and furniture. Still i recommend the place because it is greatly located and the staff is very helpful. the overall place looks good.

Room Tip: Dont forget to ask for parking cost in Waikiki. Higher floors are less noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank NYCPQ

Aloha NYCPQ,

We are regretful that the room with the kitchen you stayed in and the quality of the room service did not meet your standard. I would be grateful if you could email me at nyoshimoto@aquaresorts.com so that I may look further into your stay with us and resolve these discrepancies appropriately.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and that you found our staff to be helpful while you were with us.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed for 4 nights, first trip to Hawaii August 2013. Used the speedy shuttle to and from the airport which worked great! Had a kitchenette room which had everything we needed, was comfortable and roomy. Foodland just down the street.
Location was great. 2 short blocks to the beach and the hotel provides free chairs and towels plus other beach equipment.

Enjoyed the pool area and our balcony. Yes the area is noisy, but wasn't a problem..

Staff is very friendly and we would happily stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Aloha Sharon B,

We are so thrilled to hear that your kitchenette room was able to accommodate all of your needs and that you found your room to be comfortable and spacious. We are also pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and you enjoyed some of our many complimentary amenities such as beach towels and chairs.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I spent 5 nights at this hotel and it wasn't a bad place to stay (for the price). I don't need a lot a upgrades when I travel just give me the basics and I can make do. Besides, these rooms had a small fridge and microwave which come in very handy. The room was clean, bed comfy and I was high enough that I wasn't annoyed by street traffic. The hotel is located along a busy street by day. Yet, it's very close to the beach which was my main reason for being in Waikiki. I had several transportation choices but I walked to all my destinations, with the location being great for me. The staff here is way way way friendly. The housekeeping staff is friendly and pretty efficient. I was a goof and missed the Thursday reception down by the pool and regret it. So don't be like me and take advantage of that, I heard it was very nice.

Room Tip: I'd suggest getting a room on floors 7 and above it seems the view is better and the street nois...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank az480specialk

Aloha Az480specialk,

We are so happy to hear that you found the central location of the hotel to benefit you while you were with us. We are also pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and efficient and your room was clean and comfortable.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in August while visiting my parents. I usually prefer 4 or 5 star hotels, but because of the short trip I just wanted something clean and reasonably priced. I searched most of the hotels in and around Waikiki and settled on this one because of the great reviews. I did upgrade to the kitchenette room. I had a balcony looking onto the condo next door on the 7th floor, with a peep of the ocean. I would have to agree withthe positives all the other reviewers have noted; good location, clean, nice pool area. It was a little noisy with the sliding door open, but not that bad. I didn't use the staff for advice since I am a local. The free coffee and cold beverages were very nice. I think this is a great value, especially given the kitchenette, free beach towels/chairs, and the location. It is an older building, so my room had a musty smell that cleared up after they shampooed the carpet. Free Wi-fi was great. It looks like they are going to open a restaurant by the pool soon, which would be nice. If you just want somewhere clean and pleasant to sleep and shower for reasonable price in the heart of Waikiki, you will be pleased. If you want the Four Seasons, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Lorraine C
aquabamboo1, Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Aloha Lycmd,

We are pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be in a good location, clean and a great value with the many complimentary amenities we offer such as wifi, beverages & beach amenities.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in june 2012 in this hotel. We are closed waikiki beach, 2 blocks from the beach.

Rooms are quite news and with all that you need for holidays. In comparison with other hotels rates, this is a good option for to be accommodated in waikiki.

On the other hand, we had an small group in the room next to us, listening to music and making so much noise at night. But the security staff of hotel was very friendly with us, and the response was quite seriously.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Aloha Mzaldi76,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s close proximity to Waikiki Beach and that you found the rooms to be accommodating for all of your holiday needs. We do apologize that you were interrupted by the group that was also staying with us, but we are glad to hear the Security was attentive and handled the situation pleasantly and efficiently.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed in the Bamboo for 3 days prior to and 2 days after a recent cruise. The location is very convenient to the beach and many very good restaurants. The staff was wonderful and helpful. The beds were so comfy. We did pay for a courtyard room to help with the noise and it was very nice. The pool area is a wonderful oasis in the middle of the bustling city. Nicole was great at answering all my questions via email. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. They also helped us with shuttles and cabs when needed,this was a big help to us. We were travelling with another couple and we had a lot of luggage,so they got an Escalade taxi to and from the pier and it was only $30 total for 4 of us. All the staff was very courteous and we will recommend this hotel to friends who are visiting next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a courtyard view for a quieter sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
aquabamboo1, Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Aloha MarilynT1016,

We are so thrilled to hear that the staff was courteous and helpful throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel to Waikiki Beach and many surrounding restaurants. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our relaxing and tropical pool area along with your quiet Courtyard View room.