Aqua Bamboo Waikiki
US$437
US$292
US$240
  • Beachfront
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
US$273
US$229
US$364
US$332
1,852 results
All reviewspool arealovin ovenlemon waterstreet noisekuhio avetwo blockssmall kitchenettehot tubfull kitchenboutique hotelone bedroom suitefood pantrybus stopbeach towelsshort walk to the beachtravel agentfirst trip to hawaii
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Staff is wonderful but doesn't make up for the poor condition of hotel . The first room we got had a dripping ceiling poring water on our toilet. We called down for help and employee was unable to handle problem . My husband had to go down to front desk and ask for a new room . We got another room that reeked of mold . At that point we we're so tired we just accepted it. Big mistake , as we both ended up very sick when we arrived home. Stay away !

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Islandgirl815
aquabamboo1, Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Aloha Islandgirl815,

Thank you for taking the time to outline the inconveniences that you endured. We are very sorry for this experience and are most disappointed to learn that your visit was tarnished. All things considered, we should have been able to meet your expectations with satisfactory accommodations and the level of service that you would expect from Aqua Hotels & Resorts and the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki.

I will personally bring your comments to the attention of our management team. Please know that we will address the details of your experience immediately. I would appreciate it if you would email me directly at nyoshimoto@aquaresorts.com so that I may get some additional information from you to better resolve this issue.

On behalf of all of us at Aqua Hotels & Resorts, we appreciate your patronage and truly hope that you were able to enjoy your time in beautiful Waikiki. We certainly hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night prior to a cruise.
We were pleasantly surprised. Queen sized bed. Beautifully furnished.
Had a fridge, stainless steel gas stove microwave, coffee maker and utensils. There were orchids placed around the bed and in the bathroom.
It was spic and span clean. There was a balcony off the bedroom and one off the kitchen, and we did not stay in their best room!! The staff were very professional. Check in and out was a breeze. There was a pool and Jacuzzi . The property is two blocks from the beach and in a great location to all that's happening. I would definitely stay here again!!.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and it was quiet. There was a laundry on this floor as well.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
aquabamboo1, Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Aloha TracyNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.
We are so thrilled that you enjoyed our convenient location to Waikiki Beach and the comfortable and clean room you stayed in. We are also so happy to hear that the staff was professional and provided effortless service.
On behalf of all of us at Aqua Hotels & Resorts, we appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you again in the future! Thank you very much for all your positive comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We recently spent 6 nights at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki Hotel and for the most part enjoyed our stay. Staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them - they really made you feel welcome. The pool area with BBQ (which we used twice) was lovely, like a little oasis with beautiful tropical gardens and waterfall. Our room, a one bedroom apartment was clean and well laid out if not a little small but still adequate for three adults. Location was excellent and an easy short walk to beach, shops and restaurants. The free use of beach towels & chairs, blow up floaties, body boards & even surfboards was really appreciated and I think unique amongst hotels in Waikiki. The only bad thing about the hotel is the street noise, especially at the front of the hotel where our room was. Of course, we realise we were in the middle of a big city, but perhaps an investment in double glazed windows would help cut down the constant drone of cars & sirens and make the stay more pleasant. I'm not sure how bad the noise was in the back rooms overlooking the pool but I would request one of these next time. If you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs. The price for location is excellent though - it's a matter of budget. You can spend a fortune at the beach front hotels or stay here and have extra spending money for shopping, tours and dining. There is no bar at the hotel but we took our drinks down by the pool & enjoyed at lovely self catered bbq steak & salad purchased from the supermarket 50 metres away. A pizza restaurant, The Lovin Oven opened up by the pool two days before we left. We were going to have pizza and wine by the pool on our last night after a day tour but strangely it closed at 6 pm. It also serves breakfast for $6 which is a great price. I would recommend this hotel and would probably stay here again. It would be great for groups of friends or families who could use the bbq facilities and save a little cash that way. Just keep in mind the noise issue and ask for a pool facing room.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are (hopefully) quieter. All one bedroom apartments are either at the front (overlooking Kuhio Street) or side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Aloha AussieJen,

We are very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating during your stay with us and that you enjoyed our private & tropical pool area, fully equipped with a BBQ grill for our guests. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our many complimentary beach amenities and that you found the central location to be a convenience for you.
We do apologize that the busy streets of Waikiki kept you from fully enjoying our relaxing atmosphere here at the Bamboo. We understand that Waikiki is a busy city and almost never sleeps, which can be an inconvenience for some. We thank you for your honest feedback and we will surely discuss this with our management team for review when we plan our next renovation.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I wanted to start out by thanking you and the reservation staffs for their prompt responses to all my questions.
However, I was very disappointed with the front desk staffs and the housekeeping staffs as well.

For the front desk staffs, there were no greetings with "aloha" or "hello" or "good morning" in almost the entire time we stay there. I actually only get a greeting of "good morning" this morning at 4:00 am when I checked out. I feel that there's no aloha spirit at all even upon arrival and/or at this hotel. I travel a lot and know when I find front desk staffs to be friendly and welcoming their guests. I'm sorry to say, but I don't find that friendly hospitality at this hotel.

As for the housekeeping staffs, I felt that all they do are "make the bed" and "replace the towels". In fact, the towels are not even properly placed.
I do have to say this though. We do like th hotel and its location. It's also clean and we feel comfortable in our room. A big plus with 24 hour coffee and ice tea machine.

Room is clean, but the air condition is VERY NOISY. if you are a light sleeper, you can forget about having the air condition on. It wakes me up a few times during the night even though I'm not a slight sleeper.

If you do decide to stay at this hotel, don't expect the front desk staff to be friendly toward you.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. Don't buy bottle of water. They have filter water.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Danny D

Aloha Scoobydoo8826,

I have personally brought your comments to the attention of our management and Guest Service teams. Please know that we have addressed the details of your experience and will retrain the appropriate team members.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My 4 day stay was outstanding. This place is old-school nice. The staff are genuinely friendly and very helpful in a not-patronizing way. The room was clean and decorated with retro charm. Love the mid-century polynesian vibe and architecture. Great value, great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on the pool side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Aloha Ronergy,

We are so pleased that you found the hotel to be a good value and in a great, central location. We are also delighted to hear that you found the staff to be genuinely friendly & helpful!